Fish_lip

Mar 21, 2022
Can't find Gia to increase her corruption anywhere- fitness 100, cheerleaders are wearing slutty uniforms paid for by a local business lady and the bar has had its opening hours extended with a taxi service to get the drunks home.

Edit: found it. Need to corrupt someone else to move the story on- I'd been focussing on love.

Last edited:

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Another thing I noticed. The description of Chanel in the journal doesn't quite fit her being neutral towards you, it would fit better for an ally. I'd change "She's the mortal enemy of Denton Banks IV, and after her mayoral run was cut short due to lack of support threw her full weight behind your campaign.", which makes her sound more like an ally, to "She's the mortal enemy of Denton Banks IV, and threw her full weight behind your campaign, but only after her own campaign collapsed due to lack of support" which emphasizes her independent ambitions more.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Should Singh really start with 0 corruption? My impression is that he really doesn't care about prostitution happening near his business which to me would imply a decent corruption stat, 0 corruption from how I interpret the stats is a very prudish person, which he clearly isn't.

And the encounter with Peta after the dance trip is a bit confusing. Does she know about the player's "secret agenda"? It kind of seems like she does, but he isn't shocked or surprised by this at all even though it's supposed to be secret.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
When Adriana reports on the first late open night at Cory's there's these two lines:
'"Shame I missed it."

"I bet you are. It was pretty rowdy from what I hear."
'

Maybe the first line got changed during editing? As it stands the second line doesn't make sense.

Reactions: battered47

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Gia's corruption score doesn't quite match her behavior. In my game she had corruption 25 at the new pose event, which doesn't seem to fit with such a low number. I think her corruption should rise significantly more quickly early on so that its maybe in the 40s rather than the 20s at this point. Overall Gia's plot advances very fast, I'm thinking that in the future it might be better if there was some more content added before the later part of her current content to slow it down a little.

Last edited:

subli

Jul 30, 2020
I think there should be a link that takes you from your office to the city council. Right now in order to get from your office to the council you have to go out into the street and then reenter the same building, which feels very clunky and wrong.

Reactions: glow2hi

battered47

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
I think there should be a link that takes you from your office to the city council. Right now in order to get from your office to the council you have to go out into the street and then reenter the same building, which feels very clunky and wrong.
There is already one! Just underneath the image of the office desk, there are quicktravel icons to other locations in that same area, like with other locations.

Thanks for the other points, I have made changes to the councilmember page, bar response, and the Elizabeth Love link.

Fish_lip

Mar 21, 2022
Solid first release. Enough content to give a flavour of the game and its mechanics, and I didn't hit any technical issues (android, brave browser playing via file manager +). There's a couple of points where the breadcrumb trail breaks a little (progress with the wife and progress with Gia), but other than that, great stuff.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Silly question - can you not change the protagonist's name?

Usually a feature in these games, just stood out a bit

Reactions: Preach

subli

Jul 30, 2020
There is already one! Just underneath the image of the office desk, there are quicktravel icons to other locations in that same area, like with other locations.
I never realized those were clickable, I thought they were just decoration

subli

Jul 30, 2020
To what degree do you want the different characters' stories to be kept separate? I just realized that given that the official reason for raising the air-conditioner temperature at the school is to save energy and that Gia's primary agenda at the start is environmentalism it would fit very well if she became a champion for the new policy.

I could imagine an overhaul of the pacing of Gia's plot where she is initially opposed to the dress code but doesn't see it as that important. The player then tries to encourage her to take a stronger stance against the dress code, which she is open to but not enthusiastic about. Then the new air-conditioner policy is implemented and starts getting some push back, with Gia becoming a strong advocate for the new policy. This could then lose her some popularity due to the initial unpopularity of the new policy, which would give the player an opening to convince her that both defending the energy saving policy and saving her own campaign would be best served by refocusing the conversation, she needs to convince the students that heat isn't unbearable because its too hot but because the dress code prevents them from dressing in lighter clothing when needed. In this way she could be convinced to make the dress code her primary issue, and once she's focusing her efforts on that issue it becomes much easier for the player to manipulate her into caring about the dress code for its own sake rather than as a tool for saving the environment and for getting elected. What do you think?

Reactions: Preach

goatboy23

Jun 27, 2017
I can not get get Gia to advance past
"Her troublemaking has started to disturb your peace at the office."

any help??

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Just to be sure, you know that the pictures on the left shows when a character can have their plot advanced in the current time slot? Gia in particular tends to have events all over the place so you likely won't find her events unless you know when one is available and that you need to search everywhere for it.

goatboy23

Jun 27, 2017
Just to be sure, you know that the pictures on the left shows when a character can have their plot advanced in the current time slot? Gia in particular tends to have events all over the place so you likely won't find her events unless you know when one is available and that you need to search everywhere for it.

Ill keep trying I thought i did that haha

subli

Jul 30, 2020
She has one event in the park, one in the kitchen, several in the livingroom and I think at least one at the office, but I'm not sure on that last one. Its also possible that there are some other requirements I don't know about before you can advance, but I don't know what they are.

goatboy23

Jun 27, 2017
She has one event in the park, one in the kitchen, several in the livingroom and I think at least one at the office, but I'm not sure on that last one. Its also possible that there are some other requirements I don't know about before you can advance, but I don't know what they are.

do I have to complete Gia to get Jessie and luna in the gym? This seems to be all im missing is these things

subli

Jul 30, 2020
I don't think so. She doesn't show up in the event in any way that I remember, so there's no logical reason you should, but I don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

goatboy23

Jun 27, 2017
I don't think so. She doesn't show up in the event in any way that I remember, so there's no logical reason you should, but I don't know what's happening behind the scenes.
thanks again I can not get either things to trigger must be missing something

Reactions: glow2hi

subli

Jul 30, 2020
It might just take some time. How far have you advanced Casca's storyline btw? I guess she might be involved somehow.

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes