HTML - Completed - Mercanoid [v1.0.8] [Pyksies]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DoctorThanks77

this is a completely finished game with various side-quests, play styles, and well-developed characters.

The second you see the UI is enough to tell you that the developer went all out on this game.

My only real complaint are that the protagonist can't have sex scenes or repeatable sex with the quest NPCs but given the amount of work already done, that is understandable.

I hope this developer can use this game as a springboard for their next project~
  2. 5.00 star(s)

teddidiah

Well written, although sometimes the descriptions can get a little long and verbose as opposed to punchy and succinct, which isn't really an issue but does start to add up as you wander around the place. I have some misgivings about the game itself given it's attack or do X-Y-Z special attack for not-mana, but difficulty is adjustable and that's standard, if a little tired, and I won't hold it against it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

DrDerpington

TL;DR = text based game with female protagonist about tentacle sex with deep plot.

Story: 5/5
    + I really liked the plot. It looks like the game is only about heroine getting raped by tentacles, but there is surprisingly deep plot hidden beneath.
    + Main heroine is Mio. She is an AI robot. She is on a mission. She is supposed to act like a mindless robot, but she is sentient AI with her own ideas.
    + You uncover a lot of plot by exploring the base and finding data journals and meeting new characters. It will keep you motived to uncover more.
    + There is also a theme about living beings exploting AI machines. Very dark.

Art: ??
    - This is completely text based game so there are no pictures.
    + If you dont mind lack of art then this game is very good.

Sex stuff: 5/5
    + Main theme revolves around all sort of tentacle rape, slime rape, vore and lesbian sex.
    + Sex scenes are very well done.
    + A lot of scenes can be viewed by 2 ways. By really losing to the certain enemies and obtaining a bad end. Or by winning against said enemies and then later during masturbation heroine can "fantasize" about what enemy would do to her if she lost.

Gameplay: 5/5
    + English is decent.
    + The game has a lot of RPG elements. Heroine has stats, she gains levels, she has inventory, she can equip gear, she can craft new weapons and consumables. Etc. Etc.
    + You explore the base through minimap. You will often have to overcome certain obstacles to progress.

To sum it up:
    I really like the game. If you can get over the fact, that it is text based game, then it is very good game. You should check it out.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Anonpervysage

Surprisingly wholesome for a game about tentacle sex. Love the system for seeing events that doesn't require losses. Love that I don't have to watch scenes that I may not want to. An overall enjoyable experience.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

tasta13

Very good game, very well made. The dev didn't cut any corners at all even when he could have still made something decent by doing so. The game has an interesting fighting system, inventory, crafting system, skill system, etc when It could have just been just a lewd text adventure. The amount of content isn't too short or too long, and the story is concluded in a reasonable timing. The lewds were tentacle-related things, as advertised. I would surely recommend it since I can't really find any faults, the only reason not to play is not liking tentacles.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

LS47

I've played this game on Itch.io a month and left a review there, so I'll pretty much share my experience with the game here as well. I was quite pleased to see it was a completed text game for once, as usually most devs are just content wth posting a barely functional alpha before begging for money on their Patreon. Glad to see some professionalism with this developer who shared the entire game at once for free without asking for anything.

I find the pixel art style pretty well done for the very few illustrations in the game. I think the dev could have spared some time to make simple sprites to help us visualize how the enemies look, but that's a minor gripe.

It was a fun experience, and it was nice to actually have some real RPG and combat elements in it instead of just a few choices in an otherwise kinetic text game. I was afraid the story would quickly branch out and become overly complex for its sake, but it's actually a fairly short, straighforward and self-contained story that's easy to follow.

I appreciate the fact that you unlock the sex scenes on winning the fights, unlike all those Japanese games where you have to lose and waste your time doing the fight again, which always was mind-boggling and unfun to me. Some scene are pretty tame in my eyes, but most of them are kinda hot, I liked them a lot.

I hope to see more games from this developer, as this one shows a lot of promise.