Mod Midlife Crisis - Courteous Mod + Walkthrough v34 [thanks for the demos]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Aug 7, 2018
So I cant load my old saves its either shows an error or takes me back to the main menu. Also started new game to see if it might be related to the new game vers., but it didn't even work then.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am getting this error also.
Never ran into that problem myself. Did a quick test and could load all saves from any previous version. What was the last version you played?

I usually make sure to save before the end of version screen (On Amanda's "Bleeargh", instead of "That's it for v0.14"), but even if you saved afterwards it normally shouldn't cause any issues.

Unloadable saves are often caused if variables were changed or added. The only variables I changed in the mod were a mistyped one in v0.11/0.12 (siscream / sicream) and fixing an issue related to Tracy's age in v0.14 if you missed her intro (pretty sure Nefastus also fixed those at some point).

Try to go back a few saves and see if you can load any of them. Or try my attached save from the start of the current update. It uses all default names, but you can change MC's name via console: player_name = u'YOUR NAME HERE'

Mudas8

Feb 24, 2018
only played v0.14, tried loading "earlier" saves gave me the breakpoint
around secritary "I wanted this"/ it was mistake / f*ck her choice.

Jugo66

Dec 6, 2018
Never ran into that problem myself. Did a quick test and could load all saves from any previous version. What was the last version you played?

I usually make sure to save before the end of version screen (On Amanda's "Bleeargh", instead of "That's it for v0.14"), but even if you saved afterwards it normally shouldn't cause any issues.

Unloadable saves are often caused if variables were changed or added. The only variables I changed in the mod were a mistyped one in v0.11/0.12 (siscream / sicream) and fixing an issue related to Tracy's age in v0.14 if you missed her intro (pretty sure Nefastus also fixed those at some point).

Try to go back a few saves and see if you can load any of them. Or try my attached save from the start of the current update. It uses all default names, but you can change MC's name via console: player_name = u'YOUR NAME HERE'
thanks for your try but didnt work for me :( Tried your save and get directly back to Mainmenu ^^

Aug 7, 2018
thanks for your try but didnt work for me :( Tried your save and get directly back to Mainmenu ^^
Could you attach your last save to see if I can load it?

One more idea: did you by any chance install the update v0.15a into the previous version's folder (by merging/overwriting v0.14)? This can cause all kinds of wonky issues for Ren'py games. A clean install is always the best option.

If that's not it I'll try to test your save next.

Sep 11, 2018
Could you attach your last save to see if I can load it?

One more idea: did you by any chance install the update v0.15a into the previous version's folder (by merging/overwriting v0.14)? This can cause all kinds of wonky issues for Ren'py games. A clean install is always the best option.

If that's not it I'll try to test your save next.
The save here also took me back to the main menu and I always start a new folder for a new version. Last two saves
View attachment 1-5-LT1.save View attachment 1-6-LT1.save

Aug 7, 2018
The save here also took me back to the main menu and I always start a new folder for a new version. Last two saves
View attachment 548105 View attachment 548106
Tried a few things but couldn't load those saves. The strange thing is that neither game + latest mod nor a clean install of the unmodded game worked for me. Sorry, I'm stumped.

The only thing to do in such a case is going back a few saves until you find one that works, then fastforwarding to the start of v0.15a. Once you've got an up to date save with the mod you shouldn't run into any trouble like this anymore.

Sep 11, 2018
Tried a few things but couldn't load those saves. The strange thing is that neither game + latest mod nor a clean install of the unmodded game worked for me. Sorry, I'm stumped.

The only thing to do in such a case is going back a few saves until you find one that works, then fastforwarding to the start of v0.15a. Once you've got an up to date save with the mod you shouldn't run into any trouble like this anymore.
I did find one that loads but it's so close to the beginning of the game might as while start over.

guliver

Oct 16, 2016
If anyone still has a problem with saves from 0.14 here's what worked for me:

Remove the mod from 0.14, load save in 0.14 and save it, after that the new save should work with modded 0.15.

Aug 7, 2018
thanks for the demos
16a is up now.
I figure that I'll wait for the mod update, since it seems to dislike saves made before the mod gets installed, lol.
Ha, yeah. Probably a good idea :p Fingers crossed it works for everyone this time. Needless to say, all my mod to mod saves worked.

Updated mod and walkthrough for Midlife Crisis v0.16

WhyMe13

Jun 8, 2019
Getting all sorts of errors again, have used your mod for every other version. Once "game" folder is placed, asks if I want to overwrite; so yes. Load old modded save, errors, add incest patch, errors. Even going back in and adding the "backup" folder "game" I get errors. So it might not be on your end?

Mar 11, 2019
were we supposed to open the game first before copying the files cause i didn't have to overwrite any files,but upon opening a save i got the following errors

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes