Mod Midlife Crisis - Courteous Mod + Walkthrough v34 [thanks for the demos]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Aug 7, 2018
Getting all sorts of errors again, have used your mod for every other version. Once "game" folder is placed, asks if I want to overwrite; so yes. Load old modded save, errors, add incest patch, errors. Even going back in and adding the "backup" folder "game" I get errors. So it might not be on your end?
Just implemented v0.16a's fix in the mod. You could give it a try, although it should be unrelated, as it only affects those who were only romancing older daughter, but not younger daughter.

Are you using the compressed or uncompressed version of Midlife Crisis? (is there a scripts.rpa file in your Midlife Crisis/game folder?)

Aug 7, 2018
were we supposed to open the game first before copying the files cause i didn't have to overwrite any files,but upon opening a save i got the following errors
The mod doesn't touch any of the files referenced in the traceback.

If you didn't have to overwrite any files, is there a scripts.rpa file in your /game folder?

WhyMe13

Jun 8, 2019
The mod doesn't touch any of the files referenced in the traceback.

If you didn't have to overwrite any files, is there a scripts.rpa file in your /game folder?
I've tried everything, downloaded the 16a script from the OP on nopy, put that in the modded game folder or the orignial game folder; and neither time did it work. I was able to successfully use the mod for version 15a. So it's very questionable. And the incest patch, included with the mod is optional right? With it, or without it still doesn't work.

Mar 11, 2019
I've tried everything, downloaded the 16a script from the OP on nopy, put that in the modded game folder or the orignial game folder; and neither time did it work. I was able to successfully use the mod for version 15a. So it's very questionable. And the incest patch, included with the mod is optional right? With it, or without it still doesn't work.
should be optional i use it tho and i started a new game and the mod is working fine....i'm just wondering what changed that made my save files not work...

Aug 7, 2018
Sorry for the late reply, yes there's a scripts.rpa file. Also i downloaded the 5.39 GB version with the Mega Link..
Ok, here's something you could try:

Use unren option 1 to extract rpa packages, then apply the mod again, overwriting the individual script.rpy files. Afterwards remove scripts.rpa from /game (to some backup folder, just to be sure).

Alternatively you could try using the mod with -Hex-'s compressed version of the game (scripts.rpa already unpacked and removed there).

Mar 11, 2019

Use unren option 1 to extract rpa packages, then apply the mod again, overwriting the individual script.rpy files. Afterwards remove scripts.rpa from /game (to some backup folder, just to be sure).

Alternatively you could try using the mod with -Hex-'s compressed version of the game (scripts.rpa already unpacked and removed there).
Well it seems to be working just fine, in a new game...

Aug 7, 2018
WhyMe13
Gilgamesh_Dinger

Here's a few saves you could try (default names, can be changed via console. Romance with everyone except wife)

saves are on page 12, slots 1-4
1: end of v0.14
2: first line of v0.15
3: end of v0.15
4: first line of v0.16

Well it seems to be working just fine, in a new game...
If you're fine with starting over, that'll work of course. But you really shouldn't have to :(

Mar 11, 2019
WhyMe13
Gilgamesh_Dinger

Here's a few saves you could try (default names, can be changed via console. Romance with everyone except wife)

If you're fine with starting over, that'll work of course. But you really shouldn't have to :(
i will give them a try but i do like the story and characters so another playthrough isn't a bother.

Asr127

Aug 5, 2016
WhyMe13
Gilgamesh_Dinger

I was having issues aswell. Thank you for the save files.

Aug 7, 2018
I was having a similar issue. I put the courteous mod 7b game folder into the ver 16a and was able to open my save. I advanced past the warning that an error will occur going from 15 to 16 to the scene with the MC standing outside. I saved there and then moved the courteous mod 8a game folder overwriting the 7b ver and was then able to open the new save. Hope that helps.
Quoted from the main-threat. Since this method worked for guliver previously and for jbad with the current version: I'm adding v7b to the OP again and will keep the previous and current version of the mod linked from now on, in case anyone wants to try.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gilgamesh_Dinger
Mar 11, 2019
Quoted from the main-threat. Since this method worked for guliver previously and for jbad with the current version: I'm adding v7b to the OP again and will keep the previous and current version of the mod linked from now on, in case anyone wants to try.
worth a try when the next update come out for both if we face the issue again...

DOM76210

Dec 19, 2017

I had a slew of errors, and the file I downloaded did in fact contain the scripts.rpa file in it. So I used unren option 1 and then re-extracted your mod, and everything went fine. I came here to see if anyone else reported errors, but it looks like you nailed the reason I had them.

bananaftt

Feb 8, 2019
So guys am having a problem...
So , i just downloaded the new version of the game .
Applied the v.016a Scripts patch.
Then i Used UnRen option 1.
After i just put the mod in the "game" folder as the incest patch , and finally i deleted the scripts.rpa .
Doing all of that i load my save and this is what i get :

Error.PNG
Any solutions for this error ?
Thanks for the time :)

Aug 7, 2018
So guys am having a problem...
So , i just downloaded the new version of the game .
Applied the v.016a Scripts patch.
Then i Used UnRen option 1.
After i just put the mod in the "game" folder as the incest patch , and finally i deleted the scripts.rpa .
Doing all of that i load my save and this is what i get :

Any solutions for this error ?
Thanks for the time :)
When you merged the mod's game folder with Midlife Crisis' game folder after extracting scripts.rpa - did it ask you to overwrite files? It should have.

The individual script.rpy files up to version16.rpy should be in Midlife Crisis\game. If there is something like Midlife Crisis\game\game, with the second game folder holding the modded files, then that's the problem. But from your description it reads like you did everything right.

Have you tried jbad's workaround or my save from the start (first line) of v0.16 already? Or going back a few saves and checking if an earlier one works?

Aug 7, 2018
Updated Mod+Walkthrough for Midlife Crisis v0.17.

/ Saves
- all of my old saves worked for both a clean install of v0.17 and with the updated mod applied. Tested with the official version of Midlife Crisis v0.17-pc (use UnRen option 1 to extract rpa packages, then apply the mod, overwriting files when asked. Afterwards remove all .rpa files from Midlife Crisis/game)
- added a save at the first line of v0.17 to the saves folder in OP (page 12, slot 5)

/ younger daughter(/tenant) content
As requested, I've added another chance to opt out of Christine's (younger daughter's) romance completely, for those who are either not into her or accidentally took her route farther than they wanted. You WILL however skip a good chunk of v0.17 if you're skipping her scenes.

Enjoy!

Anders Niet

Dec 23, 2017
Updated Mod+Walkthrough for Midlife Crisis v0.17.

/ Saves
- all of my old saves worked for both a clean install of v0.17 and with the updated mod applied. Tested with the official version of Midlife Crisis v0.17-pc (use UnRen option 1 to extract rpa packages, then apply the mod, overwriting files when asked. Afterwards remove all .rpa files from Midlife Crisis/game)
- added a save at the first line of v0.17 to the saves folder in OP (page 12, slot 5)

/ younger daughter(/tenant) content
As requested, I've added another chance to opt out of Christine's (younger daughter's) romance completely, for those who are either not into her or accidentally took her route farther than they wanted. You WILL however skip a good chunk of v0.17 if you're skipping her scenes.

Enjoy!
Thank you !

WhyMe13

Jun 8, 2019
Welp another version, and still errors. Tried out your UnRen suggestion, out which .rpa files am I exactly removing (stupid question I know). With the save files you uploaded, where do I put those (another dumb question)? Prior to either version 0.14 or 0.15 I never ran into errors with adding the mod.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes