• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Is there a point when SS on their own will consider pausing payments to a creator due to inactivity, or does it fully depend on reports from customers?
I guess there could be a point (when enough complaints where filed) that they cancel all subscriptions for an inactive account, but in the first place it's your responsibility to manage your subscriptions and payments.

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
Is there a point when SS on their own will consider pausing payments to a creator due to inactivity, or does it fully depend on reports from customers?
Nah I could almost guarantee that will never happen. They would lose whatever percentage they take from monthly payments, they make money by not doing anything about creators that are inactive.

Reactions: Noegrets

mazul

Nov 28, 2018
That was my initial thought as well and tbh after 5 months of nothing it seems validated, then again I'm also part of the 'problem' and throwing money away since I'm part of the 600ish dollars (before SS's cut) Nef is currently getting. :D

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I think it would also be complicated for any support platform (the "money counts" argument above notwithstanding) to actually track down inactive creators since many mostly communicate with their support using third party apps like Discord, and unless Patreon/Subscribestar puts people into these groups they have no idea what's going on there. They might impose some rules like "1 Patreon post per x time", however the "x time" would probably be pretty arbitrary and maybe not a "one size fits all" depending on the type of project you are supporting.

Aug 18, 2022
From the SS FAQ:

What should I do if a Star stops posting content?

This is not common but can happen. Normally when a Star puts his/her page on pause there will be a message that explains the situation. In this case, your recurring payment remains frozen (on pause) until the Star returns and resumes their activity. So, you are not being charged for the officially paused subscription.

If the Star has not made an announcement about the pause, you may want to contact this Star and find out what is happening. As a result, you may receive a refund from the Star.

Also, you can cancel your subscription at any time. Furthermore, while canceling, you will be asked for the reason why you wish to cancel. Each and every answer will be counted towards the Star's credibility and may have consequences.

More on our policy regarding refunds you can find on dedicated page .

Reactions: Bloodguard
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes