• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I'm having issues with the speed of the game. It's unresponsive as hell and takes 2 minutes to go to the next text box. On top of robot translation, I'm wondering if I can even play the game at all.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I'm having issues with the speed of the game. It's unresponsive as hell and takes 2 minutes to go to the next text box. On top of robot translation, I'm wondering if I can even play the game at all.
There is a hack that lowers the frequency of some global event calls that should help alleviate FPS issues. I would recommend trying that patch and see if it works. When I tested the game I saw no issues running it so it might be a difference in computer specs.

Patch can be found here:
link

Dreztler

May 1, 2018
There is a hack that lowers the frequency of some global event calls that should help alleviate FPS issues. I would recommend trying that patch and see if it works. When I tested the game I saw no issues running it so it might be a difference in computer specs.

Patch can be found here:
link
I'm having the same issue and my system runs GTA V at max settings, so I'm skeptical that it's specs. I'll try the patch you've offered though and report back, thanks.

Edit: Patch solved everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silentce

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
There's like 20 parallel global events running the moment you start a new game, executing every single frame. I hacked a small fix so that these events only execute every 30 frames and it completely removed the lag. To apply the fix, extract the attachment and replace www/js/rpg_objects.js.
WOOT! OH DUDE YOUR THE BEST!!!

Dharak

Jan 13, 2019
There's like 20 parallel global events running the moment you start a new game, executing every single frame. I hacked a small fix so that these events only execute every 30 frames and it completely removed the lag. To apply the fix, extract the attachment and replace www/js/rpg_objects.js.
I tried to replace but it broke the game completely for me now, I can't start it anymore

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
I tried to replace but it broke the game completely for me now, I can't start it anymore
Probably didn't patch the game correctly as many others succeeded. Please try again and if your problem persists, post a screenshot with the content of your www/js folder so I can figure out what went wrong.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I'm pretty sure that is the error I got when I attempted to turn on wordwrap using the included YEPMessage Core 1.02 plugin. Are you using the exact version of the game provided in the links? I haven't tested the FPS patch because I didn't need it and enough users confirmed it worked before I added it to the OP. It's just a shot in the dark but if I had to guess the game you downloaded might not be the same one that I uploaded or it was augmented in some way. Could be wrong though.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
I'm pretty sure that is the error I got when I attempted to turn on wordwrap using the included YEPMessage Core 1.02 plugin. Are you using the exact version of the game provided in the links? I haven't tested the FPS patch because I didn't need it and enough users confirmed it worked before I added it to the OP. It's just a shot in the dark but if I had to guess the game you downloaded might not be the same one that I uploaded or it was augmented in some way. Could be wrong though.
For what it is worth, FPS patch was made from the Mega download version that has the wordwrap patch pre-applied.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
For what it is worth, FPS patch was made from the Mega download version that has the wordwrap patch pre-applied.
Then applying it to a alternate version of the game could definitely cause problems. especially if the files modified in the FPS patch are calling on plugins that only exist because I added them. Lots of variables could cause issues. His issue is probably just a version mismatch of some sort. downloading the mega and applying all patches should work.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Then applying it to a alternate version of the game could definitely cause problems. especially if the files modified in the FPS patch are calling on plugins that only exist because I added them. Lots of variables could cause issues. His issue is probably just a version mismatch of some sort. downloading the mega and applying all patches should work.
FPS patch modifies rpg_objects.js, adding a global counter and a check in some function I cannot recall that processes common events. I tested the patch for about an hour and finished the game without any side-effects (I didn't bother checking what any of these parallel events do). The error message Dharak posted suggests the file is either missing entirely, blank or unreadable as his game is complaining about missing completely unrelated core components.

Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
FPS patch modifies rpg_objects.js, adding a global counter and a check in some function I cannot recall that processes common events. I tested the patch for about an hour and finished the game without any side-effects (I didn't bother checking what any of these parallel events do). The error message Dharak posted suggests the file is either missing entirely, blank or unreadable as his game is complaining about missing completely unrelated core components.
Well I know at the beginning of most games there is a series of control variables that should only fire ONCE on the first map the game uses to make sure all the correct variables are set at default, also menus are often located there as well. (make MC a virgin again, delete inventory, reset switches, etc.) but from my understanding like I said they should only fire once. I haven't come across a situation where they keep firing and checking like that. I could do some research into it but honestly I don't think I care enough to look. I could imagine it might be keeping track of something like time in game or some shit like that but you dont' need 20 common events to do that. If It bothers me enough I might investigate but like I said it works there isnt much reason to dive too deep.

Dharak

Jan 13, 2019
Probably didn't patch the game correctly as many others succeeded. Please try again and if your problem persists, post a screenshot with the content of your www/js folder so I can figure out what went wrong.
Sure, so here is the js folder with the original files downloaded of the game from MEGA link and after I replaced with the patch file (I renamed to match), I can see that that file doesn't show up as JavaScript but as Package so this is probably causing the issue?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Sure, so here is the js folder with the original files downloaded of the game from MEGA link and after I replaced with the patch file (I renamed to match), I can see that that file doesn't show up as JavaScript but as Package so this is probably causing the issue?
You running mac?

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Yes, that there's your problem. The attachment on my post is a 7z archive. You need to open it. Inside you will find a replacement rpg_objects.js. Use that to replace the original rpg_objects.js.

Dharak

Jan 13, 2019
Yes, that there's your problem. The attachment on my post is a 7z archive. You need to open it. Inside you will find a replacement rpg_objects.js. Use that to replace the original rpg_objects.js.
I did that, I opened the 7z and got the 737589_rpg_objects.js that I renamed to rpg_objects.js and replaced it with the old one, didn't work for me

EDIT: I used another file to open, now it's showing properly, thanks

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes