Mod Ren'Py Midnight Paradise - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [0.26] [Shawnchapp]

DirtyB

May 10, 2024
Thank you. I was stuck in a loop with most of the game locked to me. I just started playing after the latest update so this is timely as hell. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your work. I'll hit your Patreon next time I'm ob that site there. Thanks again.

DirtyB

May 10, 2024
Did you remove the option to edit the character roles? Given the choice I'd rather not use the defaults that I have after adding the mod. Is there a way to change this? Thanks!

Fardinsami12

Jan 2, 2022
is this bug or my fault , the last step of isabel is step 22 i think , so how can i complete step 27 of isabel to get better dialogue for ruby, i'm playing 0.24 version

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Shawnchapp

Shawnchapp

Engaged Member
Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Did you remove the option to edit the character roles? Given the choice I'd rather not use the defaults that I have after adding the mod. Is there a way to change this? Thanks!
Never had the option to switch "route" you might be thinking of this mod
https://f95zone.to/threads/midnight-paradise-cheatmod-universal.32817/

is this bug or my fault , the last step of isabel is step 22 i think , so how can i complete step 27 of isabel to get better dialogue for ruby, i'm playing 0.24 version
can you send me your dave

DirtyB

May 10, 2024

Thanks for the reply. I was referring to the "edit relationships" option in the settings menu, screenshot attached. It appears in my original game install right above the auto time setting sliders but in the new install which includes this mod it has disappeared. I never saw the other mod, but that is not my flavor. I don't want to cheat, just don't want to run around in circles. On another note, let me offer my thanks for your efforts again, I'm enjoying the game much more now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shawnchapp

Engaged Member
Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I was referring to the "edit relationships" option in the settings menu, screenshot attached. It appears in my original game install right above the auto time setting sliders but in the new install which includes this mod it has disappeared. I never saw the other mod, but that is not my flavor. I don't want to cheat, just don't want to run around in circles. On another note, let me offer my thanks for your efforts again, I'm enjoying the game much more now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ya mod includes the Ipatch thats way that option isn't there

Fardinsami12

Jan 2, 2022

just open (38-6 save) and click ruby in mode and you will see "Better dialogue if do isabels step 27 first but the last step of isabela is step 22(38-4 save) is it bug ,
PS: internet in my country is kinda fucked up right now because of some internal issue, thats why it took so long for me to replay man sry

Nooboras

Mar 27, 2018
Hello , i tried installing this mod (by placing the game folder from inside the rar in the main folder of the game) but i get this error :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load file E:\games\MidnightParadise-0.5.1-pc-compressed/game/mod/Shawn_Cheats.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\games\MidnightParadise-0.5.1-pc-compressed\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\games\MidnightParadise-0.5.1-pc-compressed\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "E:\games\MidnightParadise-0.5.1-pc-compressed\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "E:\games\MidnightParadise-0.5.1-pc-compressed\renpy\script.py", line 767, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn)
Exception: Could not load file E:\games\MidnightParadise-0.5.1-pc-compressed/game/mod/Shawn_Cheats.rpyc.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Fri Aug 09 15:18:52 2024

E:\games\MidnightParadise-0.5.1-pc-compressed/game/mod/Shawn_Cheats.rpyc. exists but the traceback says it cant be loaded

Dontknowmynames

Jun 12, 2020
Hello , i tried installing this mod (by placing the game folder from inside the rar in the main folder of the game) but i get this error :

While running game code:
Hello,

I have the same problem:

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load file /home/sascha/Downloads/MidnightParadise/game/mod/Shawn_Labels.rpyc.

Full traceback:
File "/home/sascha/Downloads/MidnightParadise/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/home/sascha/Downloads/MidnightParadise/renpy/main.py", line 455, in main
File "/home/sascha/Downloads/MidnightParadise/renpy/script.py", line 359, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "/home/sascha/Downloads/MidnightParadise/renpy/script.py", line 949, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore
Exception: Could not load file /home/sascha/Downloads/MidnightParadise/game/mod/Shawn_Labels.rpyc.

Linux-6.5.0-1027-oem-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702

Fri Aug 23 11:51:23 2024

First install of the game and Mod. No other Mods installed.

joelurmel

Engaged Member
Nov 3, 2022
Hello,

I have the same problem:

While loading the script.

Full traceback:
File "/home/sascha/Downloads/MidnightParadise/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/home/sascha/Downloads/MidnightParadise/renpy/main.py", line 455, in main
File "/home/sascha/Downloads/MidnightParadise/renpy/script.py", line 359, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "/home/sascha/Downloads/MidnightParadise/renpy/script.py", line 949, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore

Linux-6.5.0-1027-oem-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702

Fri Aug 23 11:51:23 2024

First install of the game and Mod. No other Mods installed.
Redownload the mod, it's corrupted

Reactions: Shawnchapp