Add male students to the school?

• Yes, make them full students at the school.

• Yes, but make them guest students from another school, making them optional

• NO absolutely not, not even optional

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Is there a story here? It seems like just some random small events that change a few stats. I unlocked the relationship rule thing and there aren't any new scenes.

Reactions: Cryptist

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
There is something about this game that from my perspective, limits the fetishes and the level of kinkiness it can reach. That is the lack of male presence in most situations, aside from the main character who is often merely an outside observer. Obviously this is the way author intends for the game to be, so it is not criticism at all.

This game features exhibitionism via adjusting the clothing or the lack thereof depending on the level of inhibition. But there are many other elements to exhibitionism - embarrassment, excitement, reactions of others. While all of these could be played out almost entirely with a female cast as well, that makes it rely on lesbian tendencies of the characters. Which is perfectly fine, it's just that it doesn't necessarily resonate with a lot of straight people - not that they don't understand it, but that they don't feel it.

In a lot of cultures, it is not generally seen as unusual to be naked among people of the same sex. This is usually restricted to specific locations and/or situations, but it still means that seeing other people naked or in various states of undress is not inherently sexual. However, at least from the perspective of a straight person, the situation is very different when it's a mix of men and women. Suddenly it seems far more obvious to be embarrassed, or excited (for both parties).

The above isn't really important if the approach is to make the characters act nonchalant about the clothing or lack thereof, and the only one to even make a note of it being unusual is the main character. However, in my personal opinion, while it is incredibly sexy to see girls walk around in sexy clothing or with their assets out around you, there are some kinky and positively degenerate elements of exhibitionism that cannot be explored like this.

The other approach to exhibitionism is to make characters show off not just because it doesn't bother them, but because they desire to do so as the very thought of doing it excites them. This would also make more fetishized clothing make a lot more sense. If a person merely isn't bothered by other people seeing them scantily dressed (if at all), that would not make them wear clothing that is clearly designed to be as kinky as possible, not just revealing.

While the above can also work with almost exclusively a female cast, it definitely is relatable to a lot less people. It can also work because they expect to encounter the MC. But there would definitely be potential for a lot more different situations if it weren't just the MC (well there is the kiosk guy and maybe a few teachers? don't exactly remember). It could lead to a lot of teasing, flashing, and possibly hardcore scenes that don't make sense with the MC.

But this is just food for thought. The game is on a good trajectory anyway, even if it doesn't do everything that I would personally enjoy in it. Still, perhaps there could be minor elements like this in the future - either the girls fetishizing exposure more in general, some side characters like male teachers, or heck, maybe a rule in the future that brings in some male students when the girls are already somewhat liberated.

Last thing I'll say. As a programmer, I can see that the developer has a good grasp on that aspect of the game. There are so many games that are just a buggy ball of spaghetti code, which will eventually lead to a dead end of introducing 2 new bugs with every one that they try to fix. Glad to see this is far from being the case here. Even if the developer spends a significant amount of time ironing out how they want to do things internally, it seems totally worth it here.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Is there a story here? It seems like just some random small events that change a few stats. I unlocked the relationship rule thing and there aren't any new scenes.
It isn't really intended to have a general complex storyline. Well it's a bit complicated. The whole situation is kinda a storyline. The headmaster wanting to change the school. But the different characters have some kind of minor story. Nothing too big, only a few bits here and there. Stuff you have to scrape together to get some kind of lore to the characters. But those are in their early phase and I don't have the character profiles and lore ready for every character yet.

BakaHu

May 8, 2022
Planned content Netorare
Yeah no thanks
Ya couldn't just make it an all girl school
Had to add other dicks in a free love game

Unless it's optional imma have to ignore it

Noxstella

Sep 10, 2023
now i don't want to sound ungrateful because i know IRL comes first and all (i'm personally a mod developer for skyrim LE/SE/AE as well so i know the amount of time needed to dedicate to coding and a number of other things) but this game has been out for quite a long while and the uniform and other stuff has been teased and relations thing for a LOOOOONG time and i'm finding it a tad annoying that it hasn't been implemented yet. its bad enough that this game is EXTREMELY grind heavy but to not have the core of what was advertised mainly ready yet doesn't leave me with a very good impression.

I'm gone through and grinded through and maxed all the stats for the school but looking at the teacher and parent tab nothing comes to mind as to how to improve those them. also the student relations thing is active but i can't level up the school and the other stuff like relaxed uniforms and the other stuff in the journal says not implemented yet. so again kind of lost. just any idea of what to do or when we expected to see further implementation of stuff in the journal would be greatly appreciated so we can have an idea of sorts o_O

Reactions: Ajnc1

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
There is something about this game that from my perspective, limits the fetishes and the level of kinkiness it can reach. That is the lack of male presence in most situations, aside from the main character who is often merely an outside observer. Obviously this is the way author intends for the game to be, so it is not criticism at all.

This game features exhibitionism via adjusting the clothing or the lack thereof depending on the level of inhibition. But there are many other elements to exhibitionism - embarrassment, excitement, reactions of others. While all of these could be played out almost entirely with a female cast as well, that makes it rely on lesbian tendencies of the characters. Which is perfectly fine, it's just that it doesn't necessarily resonate with a lot of straight people - not that they don't understand it, but that they don't feel it.

In a lot of cultures, it is not generally seen as unusual to be naked among people of the same sex. This is usually restricted to specific locations and/or situations, but it still means that seeing other people naked or in various states of undress is not inherently sexual. However, at least from the perspective of a straight person, the situation is very different when it's a mix of men and women. Suddenly it seems far more obvious to be embarrassed, or excited (for both parties).

The above isn't really important if the approach is to make the characters act nonchalant about the clothing or lack thereof, and the only one to even make a note of it being unusual is the main character. However, in my personal opinion, while it is incredibly sexy to see girls walk around in sexy clothing or with their assets out around you, there are some kinky and positively degenerate elements of exhibitionism that cannot be explored like this.

The other approach to exhibitionism is to make characters show off not just because it doesn't bother them, but because they desire to do so as the very thought of doing it excites them. This would also make more fetishized clothing make a lot more sense. If a person merely isn't bothered by other people seeing them scantily dressed (if at all), that would not make them wear clothing that is clearly designed to be as kinky as possible, not just revealing.

While the above can also work with almost exclusively a female cast, it definitely is relatable to a lot less people. It can also work because they expect to encounter the MC. But there would definitely be potential for a lot more different situations if it weren't just the MC (well there is the kiosk guy and maybe a few teachers? don't exactly remember). It could lead to a lot of teasing, flashing, and possibly hardcore scenes that don't make sense with the MC.

But this is just food for thought. The game is on a good trajectory anyway, even if it doesn't do everything that I would personally enjoy in it. Still, perhaps there could be minor elements like this in the future - either the girls fetishizing exposure more in general, some side characters like male teachers, or heck, maybe a rule in the future that brings in some male students when the girls are already somewhat liberated.

Last thing I'll say. As a programmer, I can see that the developer has a good grasp on that aspect of the game. There are so many games that are just a buggy ball of spaghetti code, which will eventually lead to a dead end of introducing 2 new bugs with every one that they try to fix. Glad to see this is far from being the case here. Even if the developer spends a significant amount of time ironing out how they want to do things internally, it seems totally worth it here.
I really thank you for this extensive feedback!
I am absolutely with you on pretty much everything you mentioned! That is a problem I am struggling with since day one of the development of the game.
I really want to add male characters, because as you said many ideas, plays or situations just don't really work with only girls. I decided to make it a all female school for now but to introduce the opening of the school to male students at a later point in game. That is to give me some time to think on how to solve the biggest problem I have with that:

I render all the images in Honey Select 2 or to be more precise with StudioNEO2, which comes with HS2. The problem here is that the character creator for male people is basically a scrapped down version of the one for female characters. There are almost no assets like clothing and I have almost no customization options for the characters themselves. So I really don't know how to solve this. One option I thought of was having male characters exist as a blue featureless mannequin which has the form of a male character. That would still lay the focus on the female characters but enable me too add situations that need male actors. I'm just not sure if that is okay for the players though... I could also add female variants too to make the school more alive. I just don't really know

And thank you for appreciating my effort on the code I produced :D I spent a lot of time and effort to make it modular, dynamic, easily maintainable and as robust as possible :D In the first updates it needed quite a bit refinement, but it is almost at a point where the code doesn't need work anymore and where I can solely focus on adding content.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajnc1

Noxstella

Sep 10, 2023
Planned content Netorare
Yeah no thanks

ah shit seriously?!?! when i first started this game that planned tag wasn't there i don't think. Welp..... Looks like i'm dropping this horse shit of a game. fuck the cuck route. not wasting anymore time on trash like this.

Ajnc1

Jul 2, 2022
ah shit seriously?!?! when i first started this game that planned tag wasn't there i don't think. Welp..... Looks like i'm dropping this horse shit of a game. fuck the cuck route. not wasting anymore time on trash like this.
This will be a masterpiece when all planned tags are implemented :devilish:

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Planned content Netorare
Yeah no thanks

I plan to add male students as well. I'm absolutely with you on that. I'm just still working on figuring out on how to do that since Honey Selects Character Creator for males is absolute crap. What would be your opinion on me adding male students but have them be blue featureless people? They would be identifiable as male characters and have dicks and such but no clothing no face. Pretty much just a blue mannequin.

• Angry
Reactions: K2ill1

Ajnc1

Jul 2, 2022
I plan to add male students as well. I'm absolutely with you on that. I'm just still working on figuring out on how to do that since Honey Selects Character Creator for males is absolute crap. What would be your opinion on me adding male students but have them be blue featureless people? They would be identifiable as male characters and have dicks and such but no clothing no face. Pretty much just a blue mannequin.
Actually thats kinda a good idea, blue mannequin with dicks fking them girls in the sex club

• Angry
Reactions: K2ill1

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
now i don't want to sound ungrateful because i know IRL comes first and all (i'm personally a mod developer for skyrim LE/SE/AE as well so i know the amount of time needed to dedicate to coding and a number of other things) but this game has been out for quite a long while and the uniform and other stuff has been teased and relations thing for a LOOOOONG time and i'm finding it a tad annoying that it hasn't been implemented yet. its bad enough that this game is EXTREMELY grind heavy but to not have the core of what was advertised mainly ready yet doesn't leave me with a very good impression.

I'm gone through and grinded through and maxed all the stats for the school but looking at the teacher and parent tab nothing comes to mind as to how to improve those them. also the student relations thing is active but i can't level up the school and the other stuff like relaxed uniforms and the other stuff in the journal says not implemented yet. so again kind of lost. just any idea of what to do or when we expected to see further implementation of stuff in the journal would be greatly appreciated so we can have an idea of sorts o_O
Yeah I'm really sorry for that. When developing the game I decided to push it out in a rather early state and add content as the time goes on. Reason for that was to be able to get feedback from you peeps for refining the game mechanics and so on, since I am working on it alone and thus am missing outside opinions. The feedback of the last year helped me immensely on improving the game and making it even better. Unfortunately that came a bit at a loss of content. But now the game is almost at a point where the code is at it's optimum and I can fully focus on the content. I'm still figuring out on how to implement a task system, for people to look in on what to do now and I am hard at work on finally adding the first level up of the school, which I plan to release with the next update 0.1.5. Each level up takes a lot of work so I was already working on it in the background during the development of 0.1.4. The level up will finally open up the development of some if not most of the things teased in the journal, including "improved" school uniforms fit for a level 2 school.

I'm also working on balancing the grind. Naturally the grind is tougher at the beginning but as the school progresses in the higher levels, new opportunities and events will appear that make the grind more easy and enjoyable. Also as more events are introduced, the grind will be lessened naturally. But until then I buffed the stat gain and nerved the stat loss a bit to make the grind less difficult.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Actually thats kinda a good idea, blue mannequin with dicks fking them girls in the sex club
Or some other places ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

I guess I'll bring it up in my next public devlog and put the idea to vote.

Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
Don't know about the rest, but personally I find blue silhouettes to be distracting and breaks the immersion. It's hard for me to stare at a properly modelled character talk or interact with a shadow and convince myself that there's nothing wrong with the whole picture.

Could be just me though...

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Don't know about the rest, but personally I find blue silhouettes to be distracting and breaks the immersion. It's hard for me to stare at a properly modelled character talk or interact with a shadow and convince myself that there's nothing wrong with the whole picture.

Could be just me though...
Yeah I feel you, that's the reason I struggle to decide for my final approach xD

Cryptist

Aug 20, 2020
It isn't really intended to have a general complex storyline. Well it's a bit complicated. The whole situation is kinda a storyline. The headmaster wanting to change the school. But the different characters have some kind of minor story. Nothing too big, only a few bits here and there. Stuff you have to scrape together to get some kind of lore to the characters. But those are in their early phase and I don't have the character profiles and lore ready for every character yet.
Okay. At this rate, we need to 3 or 4 more updates before the game contains anything besides boring, frustrating grind

I'll be back in a couple of years.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
...I think you missed the point of the comment. The person doesnt want any other males in the school. That planned ntr is a huge turn off for many and you didnt say if its going to be optional or not. Which means many would rather not get invested in the first place rather than have content added that ruins the game experience for them later.

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
...I think you missed the point of the comment. The person doesnt want any other males in the school. That planned ntr is a huge turn off for many and you didnt say if its going to be optional or not. Which means many would rather not get invested in the first place rather than have content added that ruins the game experience for them later.
Ah, now that I've reread it, I get it.
But yeah, that is the reason I added those in the planned content part, so people know what they are signing in for.
I try to make most non-vanilla fetishes optional, but mind-control and free love are definitely not optional, since they make up the whole premise of the game.
And where there is free love, there is ntr not far away, so not sure if I'm able to make that optional.

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
I don't think the students doing stuff with each other would count as NTR by any common definition of that term anyway. They are not love interests of the MC, and there seems to be nothing in the story about the MC wanting to create a personal harem.

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes