3.50 star(s) 57 Votes

underratedspaz

Jun 20, 2023
It's Prophet....

The dev has had major struggles in life and suffered tragedy a while back, i think it's about time people stop the bitching and wise ass comments and give the guy a break...if i went through all the shit he has, making a game/visual novel etc would be way off my radar of things to do
I truly understand the reasoning behind the slow pace and I truly feel for the dev. The problem I have is those of us that have subscribed to the Patraeon are paying actual money. When deadlines are missed by "months" that is money we are paying for nothing. I have never seen a game take as long as this one ever. I have been playing these for years and I even developed some of my own.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
When deadlines are missed by "months" that is money we are paying for nothing.
You misunderstand the Patreon model, then. You are not paying for a game. You are paying to support the dev while they develop the game, with the desire that they finish and you'll be happy with the product. But you are paying to let the dev earn money while developing (to pay for assets, possibly even to get them out of a full-time job so they have more time for the project, etc.). You are not actually paying for the game itself. Paying for the game itself would be something more like early access on Steam.

KiGa

꧁THC꧂
Respected User
Aug 5, 2017
I truly understand the reasoning behind the slow pace and I truly feel for the dev. The problem I have is those of us that have subscribed to the Patraeon are paying actual money. When deadlines are missed by "months" that is money we are paying for nothing. I have never seen a game take as long as this one ever. I have been playing these for years and I even developed some of my own.
Nobody is forced to be/stay a Patron of him...

Deep_Impact

Jun 8, 2022
It's Prophet....

The dev has had major struggles in life and suffered tragedy a while back, i think it's about time people stop the bitching and wise ass comments and give the guy a break...If i went through all the shit he has, making a game/visual novel etc would be way off my radar of things to do

Unequivocal NO. People/Patreons have been More than patient. As a former developer and many years at game studios as well as someone who still does part time work for others in retirement, The "time" is unacceptable even with the stated issues. Nothing personal but there is no cover or excusing the totality of it all, period. Folks are producing multiple games in a month or less with updates on a consistent basis. He even made a update on his page as time of posting this yet more excuses about why he has had yet more (shocking) delays *Read my other posts if your looking for context on this topic

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Unequivocal NO. People/Patreons have been More than patient. As a former developer and many years at game studios as well as someone who still does part time work for others in retirement, The "time" is unacceptable even with the stated issues. Nothing personal but there is no cover or excusing the totality of it all, period. Folks are producing multiple games in a month or less with updates on a consistent basis. He even made a update on his page as time of posting this yet more excuses about why he has had yet more (shocking) delays *Read my other posts if your looking for context on this topic
Really? So your reasoning is that as a developer of years of experience, someone who very likely has no development experience before this game should know better? Does Lemonkey even have any training as a developer other than self-taught stuff? If he's in school for computer programming or has experience under his belt, that's one thing. If he was brand new to it all when he started, though, it's very possible he wasn't aware of how demanding it can be.

I'm not saying I'm happy it's taken so long, but I find often developers of AVNs are first timers and so have little to no idea what it will require of them. I could see it being fairly easy in such cases to let real life get in the way, especially if you're not making any money practically from your endeavors. It feels a lot more to me like this is a hobby for the dev. And you might think it's ludicrous, but people sometimes support a creator because they like them, regardless of progress on their projects.

Reactions: disp_acc and lurkin

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Lemonkey has... 73 Patrons.

He does this as a hobby, not a full-time job or even part-time job. So all the stuff about "professional" or "your boss" or "employees" isn't relevant at all. He's a hobbyist who spends his free time making a game. That's all there is to it.

Mack9

Apr 1, 2019
Been a hot minute since the last update. Good thing is I don't remember a thing about that game but I think I liked it though, ha! I guess the update cycle is a great way to play a game for the first time, every time!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Love the slow burn realism of this one, hope he continues it...
Bonus points for not making the mother have hips as wide as my car and tits bigger than the driveway its parked on.
Anyone know any others like this?
I agree on the model choices the dev's made for the mother in this. She's fantastic IMO.

FYI, though, you shouldn't be asking for recommendations about other games in this game's thread. That violates Site Rule #2.4, and I've seen posts removed and heard of people getting warnings for asking similar things elsewhere. Instead, you should post this question over on the Recommendations and Identification forum, which was created for that very purpose. If you search and don't find anything there, consider creating a new thread using the button near the top of that forum's main page. I would suggest linking to the OP of this thread so others have a frame of reference if they're unfamiliar with Mirror Mine.

3.50 star(s) 57 Votes