FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
How do you install this? Does the Top files, include the Introduction, or is meant to be installed in 2 parts? Does both downloads go in the same folder or a folder for each?

Is it too much to ask for instructions? There's even a section for it.

But from what is said above, it doesn't look like it's worth the trouble even... Anyone that managed to figure this out, what is your impression?

Peace :(

vincent13

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2018
How do you install this? Does the Top files, include the Introduction, or is meant to be installed in 2 parts? Does both downloads go in the same folder or a folder for each?

Is it too much to ask for instructions? There's even a section for it.

But from what is said above, it doesn't look like it's worth the trouble even... Anyone that managed to figure this out, what is your impression?

Peace :(
I will redo part 0.2 and include it with the game

Rannulf

May 15, 2020
Small thing i'd change if i were the dev would be to change the color of Wendy's name i for the first solid minute of her being there did not know she had a name above her and thought maybe we would name her.

Reactions: vincent13

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Mistery Mansion [v0.4.5] [vincent13] - Compressed

Win/Linux [93 MB]
- - - -

Mac [103 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to Mistery Mansion! As the new owner, you'll face the challenge of caring for this majestic residence.
Get ready to explore its intriguing corridors and unravel the mysteries that lie ahead.​
Are you ready for the joys of home ownership? Property taxes, homeowners insurance, and paying a plumber when your toilet won't flush after that big dump you just took? :sneaky:

Besides that, the game looks interesting. :giggle:
Thanks, vincent13

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
vincent13 A short review based on a quick playthrough:

Write dialog like dialog. Don't include non-verbal cues in the character's speech. For example:
1715547503503.png

This is an action description: Nods, still taking in the beauty of the mansion
This is dialog: "Great, thank you. I guess I'm still getting used to the idea of owning all this."

They should not be mashed together. It makes things incoherent. Especially when certain assumptions by your audience are made. Those assumptions being that if you see a character's name on the dialog box, they are speaking.

In general a lot of renpy games will use the narrator voice/dialog box for things like action descriptions, etc.

*Edit: It seems later on you do in fact separate actions from dialog. Then after you do so, you revert to mashing them together, but delineating actions in parentheses.

I guess whatever you ultimately decide to do, make sure you do it consistently. Good luck on your game.

Last edited:
Reactions: vincent13
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote