Tool RPGM mkxp - Play RPG Maker XP/VX/VX ACE on Linux, Mac and Windows

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Thanks it's really helpful.

But I'm curious, is there a way to turn off the background music?
Pressing F1 only brings up key binding and most games don't have ingame options.
You're welcome. :)

I have no idea. Maybe it could be done with a raw ruby script, as long as the game data does not revert(overwrite) the volume settings... mkxp loads the raw scripts before loading the game.
Maybe I'll look into it, after I finish compiling and testing the windows version of my falcon-mkxp.

nagyond

Jul 26, 2017
You're welcome. :)

I have no idea. Maybe it could be done with a raw ruby script, as long as the game data does not revert(overwrite) the volume settings... mkxp loads the raw scripts before loading the game.
Maybe I'll look into it, after I finish compiling and testing the windows version of my falcon-mkxp.
Thanks. I figured it would be a script, but I'm totally unfamiliar with Ruby. So I have no clue where even to start.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Mac one is no longer on Mega! Any way we can get a reupload?
I'll fix the broken links in the following days.
the original location of the mac version is
but I do not know if it works on Catalina, if not you can try mkxp-z

Mar 2, 2019
I'll fix the broken links in the following days.
the original location of the mac version is
but I do not know if it works on Catalina, if not you can try mkxp-z
That Mac version will load the game, but any trick to solve when I can load the menu screen but my keyboard doesn't work for some reason? I can't click or press anything to get off the menu screen.

Strados

Jan 15, 2019
Got any clue how make Legend of Opala work on Mac hahahaha. Don't take this seriously, I've given up and don't want to actually wast someone's time.

Pagol1

Oct 5, 2018
Got any clue how make Legend of Opala work on Mac hahahaha. Don't take this seriously, I've given up and don't want to actually wast someone's time.
I've made LoQO 1 and 2 run using wine with the RPGM XP RTP installed. You can find the RTP , might work for Origins too.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Hi, tried downloading Coming of Age on mkxp, still showing Game.ini missing error
Which variant of mkxp and what OS (windows/mac/linux)?
And also attach
- a screenshot of the game directory with the various files/folders,
- a screenshot of the error
- a copy of your "Game.ini"

asivan

Jun 6, 2017
Which variant of mkxp and what OS (windows/mac/linux)?
And also attach
- a screenshot of the game directory with the various files/folders,
- a screenshot of the error
- a copy of your "Game.ini"
The original mkxp, Mac Big Sur, just a black screen. When I close it, its says RGSS script seems to be stuck.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
The original mkxp, Mac Big Sur, just a black screen. When I close it, its says RGSS script seems to be stuck.
The original mkxp is not compatible with COA 1.6.
You can try with mkxp-z (delete the file "mkxp.conf" from the game folder, before running it)

asivan

Jun 6, 2017
The original mkxp is not compatible with COA 1.6.
You can try with mkxp-z (delete the file "mkxp.conf" from the game folder, before running it)
Getting this error with mkxp-z:
game.ini missing?

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Getting this error with mkxp-z:
game.ini missing?
Don't have a clue on this.
It could be related with permissions (the app does not have read permissions on the Game.ini), or with the sandbox settings of MacOS, or the app fails to correctly identify/mount the "Game.rgssa3" container.

mefistofele

Jun 11, 2019
Sorry to be a bother, but I am new to using Linux Mint and GitHub, so, if you can, I'd appreciate some help.
When I try to download the prebuilt binaries from the link provided, it shows a "404 error message" screen, so I can't really do anything else detailed in the steps to install mkxp.
Is it a problem of mine, not knowing where to find those files and thus clicking on the wrong link, or is it a server-side problem?

(the link I'm clicking on is this one inside the page that opens from the main link in the post)

snooze321

Oct 13, 2017
Hey thanks for this but could you please reupload "mkxp-20190518.zip" as the mega mirror link is dead.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
pk2000 Good stuff, with your skill set would you be able to make a core for Retroarch that plays these rpg maker games outside of 2000/20003? We only have Easy RPG for the 2000/2003 rpg maker games.
It would need too much work.
One should build first a bridge between SDL2 and libretto engine
similar to and then create a dedicated core.