Tool Ren'Py Modified UnRen (ForAll v9.4 + URM v2.0.3) Universal Mods Installer DBZ Edition (Updated 2024-02-17)

ThatGuy2748

Jun 26, 2018
Hey! please tell me how to make the Shift-A combination work? I need a font-enabler. it's just that other authors, out of a false sense of beauty, insert such disgusting fonts from which blood begins to pour from their eyes, but this is not enough for them, they forbid the choice of font. this is unacceptable! in other VNs where shift-A works, I simply select the default font (open-sans regular) - and the problem is solved.

a partial solution to this problem is to decompile the project and search for the font name in order to make a substitution, naming a new, more readable font with the old name. but not all games allow themselves to be decompiled - and this is disgusting.

but it doesn't matter if you know how to find out from the console the names of the fonts that are loaded into the project - then you can make a substitution. the main thing is to know the names of the fonts. but I don't know how you can find out the names of the loaded fonts from the console - maybe there is a way to find out?

Can you point me in the direction of a game that does not allow Shift-A? I'd love to take a look at this, but so far my random checking hasn't yielded a game to test with.

Thanks!

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Can you point me in the direction of a game that does not allow Shift-A? I'd love to take a look at this, but so far my random checking hasn't yielded a game to test with.

Thanks!
uff...
I don’t even remember right away - but in about 5% of projects I had to perform substitution of font files. I will check and make a list of projects that are sick with this "disease"

DreamzD

Sep 3, 2021
Again, I am not the creator of this script, I am simply updating elements to try to maintain compatibility.
So I've updated the file again. I've changed the following:
  • Updated Universal Renpy Mod to version 1.13.2
  • Fixed the code to allow the script to run for situations where the python folder is py2-*** or py3-*** as well as the original options
  • Added an option "C" to the menu that will perform the following tasks from the script:
    • Create DBZ_Config Keys (so you can access dev tools, etc)
    • Create DBZ_KB_Input (so you can select choices by keyboard numbers)
    • Create 0x52URM (adds Universal Renpy Mod)

I like to use the option C since generally if I'm just playing a game I don't need to unpack all the game files.

If anyone has questions, let me know!

Happy Gaming!
Hi everyone, firstly I'm also not the creator of this script.
But I have been using it and have found it super useful. Also playing around with it has taught me a few tricks.
I have updated URM to version 1.14.1 and incremented to V0.94 DBZ Edition.

Cheers!

Divide_By_Zero

Jr. Uploader
Sep 4, 2017
Remade the tool in VepsrP 's UnRen-ForAll (v8.3) and 0x52 's URM v1.14.1 in the OP for improved renpy engine copmpatibilty.

The ForAll variant has been working pretty well with only very rare issues stemming from game devs modding to block it . Haven't had the time to keep up with ForAll's updates which are currently at 8.7 but I haven't noticed any blatant flaws in 8.3 so enjoy!

*** Edit 2023-05-23 - Had some time soi i Brought the tool up to date with ForAll 8.7 (see OP for note in CURRENT)

Last edited:
Reactions: DreamzD

Divide_By_Zero

Jr. Uploader
Sep 4, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/rick-and-morty-the-perviest-central-finite-curve-v2-9-ormuz89.119641/

I extracted the rpa file but when I try to extract the rpy file it won't let me
extract if you could help me or give me some advice.
Sometimes that happens with some games. My best advice would be to try the bytecode methode to extract them.

Im replying from my phone right now so im going off memory but in the game folder there's a folder named "cache" I believe and it has 3 files.

The creator of un.rpyc has a repository on github. At this link you can download just a single file that you can use to unpack games. Download "bytecode.rpyb" from and then in the game folder there is a folder named "cache". Replace the file named "bytecode.rpyb"... This file is universal and after replacing it you must launch the game.

The game will unpack itself and then will rewrite the bytcode.rpyb back to the game specific version to run. After the game launches just go ahead and close it

Then you should have all the rpy files to read and edit as you like.

** Edit... Since I haven't checked that game and I don't know what error you are getting there is another common possibility and that is when there are no rpyc files in the "game" folder and they are nested in deeper subfolders only. If that is the case then simply move any single rpyc file from the nested folders into the main "game" folder and rerun unren. You can move the rpyc and the unpacked rpy files back to the original location if you like after but it should work

Last edited:

Divide_By_Zero

Jr. Uploader
Sep 4, 2017
Well... was overdue for an update so here it is... also enjoy the AUTO versions! I finally got around to incorporating these into my context menu instead of having to move or copy unren into every game individually. I used FileMenuTools v8.2 and it works like a charm.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: effninefivehuman