3D-Daz Fan Art 3D-Mixed Mom 3D Only

4.90 star(s) 10 Votes

LBW

Jan 13, 2018
how do you get such perfect and realistic lighting in interiors?
I have a lot of proplemi usually when getting a well lit render is almost always unrealistic
Nothing special here. Only one light source coming through the window (left) and increased environment intensity.

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
Nothing special here. Only one light source coming through the window (left) and increased environment intensity.
1609970512482.png
i mean something like that? i can't get that effect.

sorry if i insist, but i spend too much time lighting my scenes, usually with "sun-sky only" and ghost light, but in the end i almost never get indoor daytime scenes as i wanted them. usually it seems that the lighting is artificial.

If you don't want to reveal too much I understand.

LBW

Jan 13, 2018
View attachment 974331
i mean something like that? i can't get that effect.

sorry if i insist, but i spend too much time lighting my scenes, usually with "sun-sky only" and ghost light, but in the end i almost never get indoor daytime scenes as i wanted them. usually it seems that the lighting is artificial.

If you don't want to reveal too much I understand.
I don't use sun-sky but dome and scene with an HDRI dome. I rotate the dome then so I get the direction of light the way I want it and usually increase the intensity up to 4-5. On some occasions I use additional mesh lights throughout the room. There's no universal formula unfortunately. I spend a lot of time with a scene doing al kind of experiments. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited:

LBW

Jan 13, 2018
Sorry for meddling in the conversation!
The parameters "sunsky only" and "DOME ONLY" are important for exteriors and not for interiors, so if you want to use these settings indoors, you will have to eliminate the ceiling and some side walls. The setting "Sunsky ONLY" is the best, but when you don't see the sky in the render, you can change the position of the sun by changing the time you are in, and so, change the angle of the light, a parameter you find below. The sky packs that work best for me are the "ORESTES"
I slightly disagree with you. Environment mode (either dome or sunsky)is essential in every circumstance as it is basically the global ilumination of the scene. You don't need to eliminate walls and ceilings (I never do) if you increase the environment intensity. Obviously most of the time environment or global illumination is not sufficient for indoor scenes but it's not to be neglected as it basically sets the time of day and the overall mood.

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 10 Votes