Money Talks, Passion Walks: How Crowdfunding is Hindering Adult Game Development

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
On the other hand, if you keep throwing dirt at your own name by employing shifty and shady practices like milking, game abandoning, etc then nobody will trust you for even a second. Forget about support in this case.
That's only the case if they can't make another account with another name.
Scammers tend to not have problems with that.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
That's only the case if they can't make another account with another name.
Scammers tend to not have problems with that.
If you keep changing your name you'll never accumulate any fame or trust, so it doesn't really matter.
Plus your style of writing or animation or drawing can be recognized even if you 'rebrand'. :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: morphnet

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
Gamedevs are "milking" thier games only because there are alot of people, who dont understand their power of cancelling subscription. If it seems like a scam - you dont have to pay for it.

Personally, I dont pay for promises. My payment is a gratitude for what I've already enjoyed in a game. So when I feel that I've paid a fair price for content in current version - I cancel my subscription. There is no free money in this world for anybody. I'd better give my payment to another dev, who keeps making regular updates.

Reactions: DuniX

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
This comes up constantly, and the same 2 or 3 examples of devs who are apparently evidence of the problem are used every time. Ultimately, if people aren't happy with what they're paying for, they can stop paying for it. Devs can rewarded with money for making something people want to pay for. If people want to pay for it, where's the problem? Can't blame your dog for pissing on your carpet if you give him a treat every time he does it.

Without crowdsourcing, most adult games likely wouldn't exist. It's work, and most people don't like to work for free. Doesn't stop most of us though. I'd make more with a paper route than I do from my game. Most games make almost no money relative to the time it takes to make them. This industry is almost nothing but passion. Financially speaking, most adult games are a complete waste of time for developers. It becomes hard to justify spending the time sometimes, but the people who crowdsource help.

TheMagicalGurl

God of Pregnancy
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2023
Les futanais sont parfaits parce que je l’ai dit et vous ne pouvez pas me dire la contraire

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Apka bahut mehnat nahi karta!
Thanks to you I had a lot of fun seeing how fucked up Google trad can be ;)

And, well, as far as I understood correctly, thanks for the compliment, because for us being lazy is one :p