Unity Abandoned Monster Ambassador: Redux [May 21 Release] [Kiwi & Melon]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Flam3r

Nov 30, 2018
So what exactly are the other unlockable locations? So far i unlocked mountains Lamia Palace, Grassland, Faun/Taur village and thats all, i am unsure if there are more and if so how do i unlock them

Syokusyu

Donor
Aug 7, 2017
The tag has been added prematurely-- in a future update, the protagonist will encounter magic that can change genitals.
tagging rule #2: Do not use tags that aren't currently available in-game/comic even if the creator says they'll be available in the future.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Silly question, but why is the MC restricted to have a dick? I dont see an impregnation or pregnancy tag, so you dont need to knock them up to get them on your side...

KiwiMelon

Oct 20, 2020
Silly question, but why is the MC restricted to have a dick? I dont see an impregnation or pregnancy tag, so you dont need to knock them up to get them on your side...
The original Monster Ambassador game (2017) allowed both genders as the protagonist. For the breadth of scenes we wanted, that meant that every monster had to have four unique scenes: MonFxPlayerF, MonMxPlayerF, MonMxPlayerM, MonMxPlayerF.
Our scope for art became difficult to handle; at the time we mitigated it by making the scenes all fairly similar to the base scene (ex. if it was PIV, the female character wore a strapon).
Neither us nor the players seemed to like that very much, because you don't get scenes that truly feel FxF, and if your preferences are for both genders, you'd see basically the same scene twice.

A couple of changes happened when Redux was under development:
1. (The most important change)-- this game doesn't have two devs anymore. It's just me, Kiwi, coding and drawing everything to get builds out each month. Melon is busy with his life now, and this was my project from the beginning so I made the decision to make Redux solo when I graduated school. This meant that scope had to be cut down.
2. As another important option, I wanted the player to be able to choose their skin color. Part of my original vision for this game was to make it as inclusive as I could. It doesn't add a ton to my workload, but art scenes do take more effort to make the player's skin choice work.
3. While I needed to cut scope, I wanted to have unique scenes still, not just cloned. At the time, my decision was to allow the player to have some customization; you can have breasts, but not a vagina. This cut out half the scenes I'd have to draw. If the player had a vagina, each monster would need to have a separately drawn scene for PlayerM and PlayerF, because unless I went the strapon route again, each scene would need a unique position. Now I just have to add breasts on, but there's always a penis doing the penis do.

My plan was to have FxF scenes in the game via other ambassadors interacting.

That being said, I've since reconsidered my options here. In future updates, the player will be able to magically get a vagina for interactions with certain monsters, and I may (in further future updates) start on the backlog of FMonsters to include FxF scenes with the player.

Hope that helps anyone else as well! There have been a few questions on that topic so I tried to be thorough.

Last edited:
Reactions: ejmuerte

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Thats bad...terrible even...because it makes to much sense to argue against it -,-
I just thought about the writing, story, context and so on, not about the additional art and i know, as lesbian i am not part of the main target group (=guys and dick[girl]lover), but at least asking is for free ^^

• Red Heart
Reactions: JayDoubleDee

KiwiMelon

Oct 20, 2020
Thats bad...terrible even...because it makes to much sense to argue against it -,-
I just thought about the writing, story, context and so on, not about the additional art and i know, as lesbian i am not part of the main target group (=guys and dick[girl]lover), but at least asking is for free ^^
I definitely understand where you're coming from as a bi F. While I understand that (from the feedback I've gotten so far) most of my audience wants MxF and MxM scenes right now, I'm still going to be adding in FxF scenes to even things out! Part of the reason I got into nsfw game dev was because of the lack of diversity I experienced in adult games growing up.

Reactions: Medic4 and Virulenz

KiwiMelon

Oct 20, 2020
I LOVE this game so much!
Thank you! It makes me really excited to know there are people enjoying my game.

The new build is posted, the itch.io link has the download! I didn't post the third-party links so they are still the old build.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote