Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Just because it is done, doesn't make it a good idea to do so. I don't have any issue personally accessing it, but there will be plenty of ppl who will struggle to find saves in those kind of locations
Why isn't it a good idea? If people put saves in the actual game file and for whatever reasons they accidentally delete or overwrite the files with a path, update, or whatever they don't end up losing the save. Also, it's convenient for when you delete a game off your disc and later redownload it, or download an updated version, because it doesn't require you to manually move the files out from the original game to store somewhere, only to have to fish it back out and look for the right folder to stick it in the second time around. Whatever inconvenience people would have from looking for the save directory in the first place is outweighed by the convenience and benefits of having it in the AppData folder.

Edit: As for why it wouldn't be in documents, some people might actually use the documents folder. The AppData folder is discreet and noninvasive.

Tonacate

Jun 11, 2018
Is there a wiki for this game? I feel that we have a lot of useful info about the game but it's not centered in one location.
If there isn't one, we could start creating one. This could help with people who ask questions on this thread.

rayene125

Jul 26, 2017
guys when i try to put orcs like she asked on the market i gets sold and i lose when the deadlines come idk how i solde the gobliins xD but whenever i try to sell the orcs it gets sold (i get gold) not placed like she asked how can i fix that?

SoapBoxHero

Nov 26, 2017
guys when i try to put orcs like she asked on the market i gets sold and i lose when the deadlines come idk how i solde the gobliins xD but whenever i try to sell the orcs it gets sold (i get gold) not placed like she asked how can i fix that?
You need to deliver the order on the day it is due and not before.

Minduin

May 13, 2017
back on 1.03 after delivering the monsters asked, she would sell me either a stat potion or a monster cosmetic potion, did they remove it from the game or we have to do something in order to get it now? that one was the only thing we could give to lolis in order to rise the stat without making them grow up

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Why isn't it a good idea? If people put saves in the actual game file and for whatever reasons they accidentally delete or overwrite the files with a path, update, or whatever they don't end up losing the save. Also, it's convenient for when you delete a game off your disc and later redownload it, or download an updated version, because it doesn't require you to manually move the files out from the original game to store somewhere, only to have to fish it back out and look for the right folder to stick it in the second time around. Whatever inconvenience people would have from looking for the save directory in the first place is outweighed by the convenience and benefits of having it in the AppData folder.

Edit: As for why it wouldn't be in documents, some people might actually use the documents folder. The AppData folder is discreet and noninvasive.
all of those reasons you listed there is why I say documents are the better place, I specifically said game folder was a bad idea, for more and worse reasons than you listed there. As for documents vs appdata, well most big games put saves and the likes in documents, not in AppData exactly because it is easier to access. If you take a look in your documents folder I can almost guarantee you got multiple game folders in there with saves and the like, som directly in documents, other in the "MyGames" subfolder. AppData is meant for configurations files and the likes, that only rarely change, not for more dynamic stuff like saves

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Is there a wiki for this game? I feel that we have a lot of useful info about the game but it's not centered in one location.
If there isn't one, we could start creating one. This could help with people who ask questions on this thread.
Disagree. The game isn't so complicated that we need one. It's always the same 3 or 4 questions that people can easily find if they just use the search bar.

iceghost

Mar 13, 2019
During the tutorial the slave did the animation for giving birth but nothing came out afterwards. It's telling me to click and drag on an empty space where I think the baby's supposed to be, but it's not working. Didn't see anyone else mention this yet so am I stupid or is it just a rare bug? Redownloaded a few times already
I also have this problem, does anyone have a solution?

SoapBoxHero

Nov 26, 2017
all of those reasons you listed there is why I say documents are the better place, I specifically said game folder was a bad idea, for more and worse reasons than you listed there. As for documents vs appdata, well most big games put saves and the likes in documents, not in AppData exactly because it is easier to access. If you take a look in your documents folder I can almost guarantee you got multiple game folders in there with saves and the like, som directly in documents, other in the "MyGames" subfolder. AppData is meant for configurations files and the likes, that only rarely change, not for more dynamic stuff like saves
Personally, My documents folder is unusable thanks to all the programs that dump their data in there.

Reactions: Ferghus

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
The problem is that a lot of non-game programs also save to documents. Uninformed people are also less likely to delete a folder they don't recognize if it's saved to the AppData folder than the document folder, which they could be using to organize their personal document files the same way people probably drop pictures in the pictures folder. Games saving to a place that you don't typically mess with makes complete sense to me.

I don't know what you mean by the AppData not being for dynamic stuff, because I'm pretty sure that's where browser data was/is saved to for many years.

Edit: Hell, you're not even supposed to mess with your game saves in the first place. It doesn't make sense to have them conveniently in your sight for you to fuck around with, especially when most people don't know what they're doing. All it takes to ruin a game save is to accidentally name it the wrong way.

WankyHarry

Jun 14, 2020
most big games put saves and the likes in documents
Just because it is done, doesn't make it a good idea to do so.
Incompetent game devs putting saves in whatever folder they like in Documents instead of "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games", like they should, has made the Documents folder unusable for its actual pupose: storing documents.

4.50 star(s) 106 Votes