flannan

Dec 15, 2022
If I want complex breeding is the link on the main page the most up to date? and should I read a guide first? I know its far more complex I don't want to get lost.
I played it with the version included in mod pack. Note that mod pack includes CB and its variation, "Complex Breeding For Dummies". That second mod doesn't reduce complexity, but reduces difficulty by making inheritance work more like in base game.
If you want a guide, you can . But it's less a guide, and more a collection of tips at the moment.

Does the random name mod still not work with complex breeding? I have both rn and cannot tell if it's working.
It cannot work, because random names are race-specific, and complex breeding redefines all races.
I guess somebody needs to rewrite that mod for compatibility, but I have no idea how to do it.

whats the evolution tree can someone give me a screenshot
There is a screenshot in the guide I linked. While people call it a tree, it's more like a bush, since most base races have only dead ends as possible evolutions.
And . It includes possible evolutions, but not their conditions.
As far as I know, there is no visual representation of the evolution tree for easy view. But I didn't actually read all 360 pages of this topic.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
It cannot work, because random names are race-specific, and complex breeding redefines all races.
I guess somebody needs to rewrite that mod for compatibility, but I have no idea how to do it.
Thanks, I took it out now, that may have been my "no gold" bug that kept getting spammed... is it better to go for brothel first in this mod? I cannot get my money flowing

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Thanks, I took it out now, that may have been my "no gold" bug that kept getting spammed... is it better to go for brothel first in this mod? I cannot get my money flowing
Your first source of income in this mod would be milk. Which automatically generates money for you when it's milked.
Brothel is also good, since slaves don't run away from it anymore. But brothel's main use is your breeding programs. I am not sure if it will be able to rival milk even when it's well-developed.
Selling monsters is more of a hobby, you wouldn't get rich doing that.

If you have trouble getting ends meet, I recommend going on Easy difficulty. It divides all upkeep and slave purchases by 5 times.

What is the complex breeding equivelent to "multiple pregnancy" bc none of these girls can make a minotuar...
Hover over slaves, they would have "womb size" stat. It increases when they give birth, and children inherit either that size, or a size smaller. You can also increase it with tentacle rooms.

Sinfall

Apr 11, 2021

It has been a while!
Thank you for playing this version 0.1.
Also, thank you for all your opinions!
We hope that your valuable feedback will help us improve the overall aspects of the game.
Today we would like to announce some of the improvements.
[Appearance of Monmus]

image-web.jpg

Monmus was something we had been considering from the beginning of the project.
This is "Short Stack", a goblin hybrid Monmus that will be added in the next version. We are currently creating a design proposal.
[Subdivision of fetal growth]

image-web (1).jpg

Since pregnancy and childbirth are important in the game, I thought it would be a good idea to include an element where the fetus grows as the turns pass, and I'm currently working on that part.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Your first source of income in this mod would be milk. Which automatically generates money for you when it's milked.
Brothel is also good, since slaves don't run away from it anymore. But brothel's main use is your breeding programs. I am not sure if it will be able to rival milk even when it's well-developed.
Selling monsters is more of a hobby, you wouldn't get rich doing that.

If you have trouble getting ends meet, I recommend going on Easy difficulty. It divides all upkeep and slave purchases by 5 times.

Hover over slaves, they would have "womb size" stat. It increases when they give birth, and children inherit either that size, or a size smaller. You can also increase it with tentacle rooms.
gonna have to restart now because I only had autosaves... thanks
The milk thing really helped though I followed that guide in google docs and just started milking and I was able to stay afloat.
I have no clue how to breed anything though, I used uhhh the simplified breeding mod and it lets traits be additice which is nice but still don't know what makes what. so far I have found hobgoblin and orc.

Last edited:

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020

It has been a while!
Thank you for playing this version 0.1.
Also, thank you for all your opinions!
We hope that your valuable feedback will help us improve the overall aspects of the game.
Today we would like to announce some of the improvements.
[Appearance of Monmus]

View attachment 3094900

Monmus was something we had been considering from the beginning of the project.
This is "Short Stack", a goblin hybrid Monmus that will be added in the next version. We are currently creating a design proposal.
[Subdivision of fetal growth]

View attachment 3094902

Since pregnancy and childbirth are important in the game, I thought it would be a good idea to include an element where the fetus grows as the turns pass, and I'm currently working on that part.
Oh hell yes, official monster girl support.

Reactions: Thomas820

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
So with complex breeding is there anything special about you private estate? I don't want to save up all that money for nothing lol.
Still might do it to have my favs there though.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
So with complex breeding is there anything special about you private estate? I don't want to save up all that money for nothing lol.
Still might do it to have my favs there though.
It doesn't have any special changes, but it retains the property of not having any upkeep there.
I am not sure if it counts against the clutter limit on harder difficulties.
In CB for Dummies, it costs just 100 gold, even though the tooltip does not change.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
How can you make a female monster? Like a goblin girl, kitsune, etc...
Guyverek made a mod for that, called "complex breeding". You can see the link in his signature.
It is included in the modpack linked in the opening post, so you can just activate it from there, if you want to.

HandyCapped

May 18, 2020
umm im a newbie here, so how i can apply complex breeding mod? just copy paste it?
thanks
You can search this thread with the search bar top right. It's generally super useful, too, but for this there are already really good instructions to be found.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Are there mods that make the game harder? Somehow money is thrown at you even on Very Hard.
Try "Complex Breeding", without "Complex Breeding for dummies".
In the base game, there doesn't seem to be much difference in money between difficulty levels - just the starting money and the number of monsters you need to deliver.

4.40 star(s) 101 Votes