Mar 22, 2023
I guess you are right, the story is less important and much "lower stakes" than in mgq, but my experience with this one is as close as it gets to my initial experience with hgames 6 years ago which was mgq.
Personally, I think the game is closest to Desire Dungeon.

A game where you go into a dungeon and go forward while random events happen.
Switch game sexually with an emphasis on the maledom as the "true" route. Most of the romance scenes in the game being maledom. Loss scenes usually not increasing affection.

Basically no plot.

Guess you could say it's a mix at the end of the day, cause Desire Dungeon only had one locale.

===

Btw, what I said was basically no plot.
That is not the same as lower stakes.

I've played a ton of low stakes games with really nice thematic throughlines and concepts that made me invested in the narrative. Having stakes and having a good plot aren't the same.

Dietra.Gaskell

Oct 14, 2021
Is "Enduring Body", the Power perk that reduces crit chance of attacks on you by 10%, supposed to have CritChanceBoostSelf +10 in its .json file? The _ListOfPerkTypes documentation says CritChanceBoostSelf "alters the chance to crit the OWNER of the perk. (higher more damage)".

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I've played a ton of low stakes games with really nice thematic throughlines and concepts that made me invested in the narrative. Having stakes and having a good plot aren't the same.
Would you say having a theme is necessary for a good plot? Lots of stories out there just feels like a series of events.

Mar 22, 2023
Would you say having a theme is necessary for a good plot? Lots of stories out there just feels like a series of events.
Hmm... that's a good point. I think it helps, but it's not necessary.
As a former fiction writer I would say that a theme is not necessary for a good plot, BUT it helps pull a plot together, in both the author's and readers' (players') minds.
Yeah what you said.

• Haha
Reactions: hexkitty01
Aug 22, 2018
Can I get some tips on getting through the Labyrinth? The hellhounds are so hard to deal with and avoiding all the traps and stuff is basically impossible.
Study the layout of the floor. You'll figure out a quick route through. Especially on Ushris's floor, making a screenshot might help.

Outside of Iabel's floor, the traps are basically Not A Problem if your Willpower is high enough to just say no to their nonsense. The real challenge is the hellhounds themselves, try and get in as few fights as you can and remember they don't disable the Run option.

Most of the treasure chests are a trap - not in the sense that they directly do something bad, but in the fact they're in spots where a fight or a trap becomes unavoidable. On Iabel's floor especially, there's one chest in a spot where you *have* to tank at least 2 kiss-markings to get out of there.

Don't bother avoiding aphrodisiac gas or trying to time your way past them. Using an Anaph Herb is a free action as long as you're not in a fight.

When you do manage to beat the Labyrinth, *return to town and save* before moving on to the Capital. The Capital has the *only* fight in the game where losing = Game Over, and it is a *hard* fight.

Santi34

Apr 22, 2023
Hi! When I finished the previous update (before city) I had specced my character to have a concerning amount of orgasms. But now that I am trying to get back into the game I am finding this build isn't working. What would be a strong and fun build to play with? Thanks for the advice!

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
Hi! When I finished the previous update (before city) I had specced my character to have a concerning amount of orgasms. But now that I am trying to get back into the game I am finding this build isn't working. What would be a strong and fun build to play with? Thanks for the advice!
Increasing your allure should pretty easily save that build. The high number of lives lets you buff and then spam attacks without worrying about the enemy.

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
I didnt play in this game since 24 version. Is there any point to try current version. How much content has been added ?
At that point, perhaps since it's been a while, even if there isn't THAT much new content, maybe you'd consider it worth it, simply because some of it might feel a little new again? Perhaps try a different character build, like go full magic or something. Don't forget to get a bunch of mods from the discord or that one Monster Girl Dreams wiki site, some of my favorites aren't working with the current version, but there's still some that are worth adding, so long as they suit your kinks/preferences.

Without spoiling:
You say version 24 is the last time you played, that's when they just added the labyrinth. Since then the labyrinth has essentially fully been completed and fleshed out, also patched up pretty well. I believe more scenes like loss/victory scenes have been added to various characters including the labyrinth ones since then.
More notably, a new location has been added, past the labyrinth. However, personally I don't like the new location or the characters very much at all. (that new location is pretty far from complete I believe). But I'm picky, so if I were you?
Try it out.

Hope that was helpful, but I can't think of a good way to say, "how much content was added", without manually skimming each portion of the change-log. (y)

Reactions: JungleNuts

BreadRoll420

Mar 12, 2022
Alright, this question probably gets asked a million times but this time I actually do need help. Does anyone have a save file for this? I was clearing out my older archives and accidently deleted the game (along with a few others but we dont talk about). I remember I was past the fight in the capital and yeah. Any help would be appreciated

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Alright, this question probably gets asked a million times but this time I actually do need help. Does anyone have a save file for this? I was clearing out my older archives and accidently deleted the game (along with a few others but we dont talk about). I remember I was past the fight in the capital and yeah. Any help would be appreciated
I would recommend just using this mod, turning on in game settings "skip unseen text" then just hold CTRL(holding CTRL skips text) and one shot everything to get through the game/back to where you were.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes