Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Is there a way to strip the monsters? maybe like a skill or something?
Not currently, rather the image will change in certain scenes to use the naked version when appropriate if there is a naked variant available, for example Ancilla and Shizu don't have naked variants currently but Aiko and Feng do, some may gain naked variants later, some may not, however art is being rolled out slowly so i wouldn't consider it impossible by any means.

However as decker2 says there isn't and is unlikely to be a strip skill, unless it should appear in a mod of course but i suspect that is also highly unlikely.

Reactions: L30

doomgal

Jul 2, 2018
I follow these step and even ReadMe from the mod, they pretty much said extract the folder into the default mod folder... which is the one show up on the image... the game just break. Not sure if anyone successfully installs the mod yet, if they kindly post image of the example it would be really nice.
It works for me I can do the mod content and the regular content. I would suggest maybe redownloading the mod because maybe you got it before the hotfix happened.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I did the way where you piss off Loretta from the Pale Priestess mod, and her Night Terrors power is absurdly overpowered. A whole order of magnitude more powerful than other sleep effects, still affects you even if you succeed its skill check and she apparently uses it every single turn?

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
where you piss off Loretta
The skill check was scripted wrong (with the new changes), with horrendous energy damage.
Honestly, it's tough for modders with every update kicking them in the balls. My rant about Loretta is that I want to be nice with her AND also fight her.

Non-repeatable, possible-to-miss, make this mod a bit apart from the mainstream. Why? I'd BF my friends, if they were hot, female, willing and vampires on top of that.
Stil, grats for the Pale priestess mod. Meshes wonderfully with the current lore.

cheeldoolb

Sep 24, 2017
I did the way where you piss off Loretta from the Pale Priestess mod, and her Night Terrors power is absurdly overpowered. A whole order of magnitude more powerful than other sleep effects, still affects you even if you succeed its skill check and she apparently uses it every single turn?
That is all true, but at the same time, the entire sleep thing only really exists to give Loretta time to apply the advanced stocking/panty restraints, because it wouldn't make any sense if she'd manage to apply them on a resisting target.

Furthermore, sleep either takes away her stockings, locking most of her skill set(night terrors included, meaning she only does this once), or places her in a bad stance(she's not terribly strong at facesitting).
She also has no really damaging skills to bully you while you're still falling asleep, nor does she gain any other advantages from it.
Resisting the sleep while hard is not all useless, cause it gives you a turn to down some coffee and hope she uses a different skill path, in case you really don't want to fall asleep.

I suppose the skill got a little beefier after the recent sleep buff Threshold did, but I was hoping it's still acceptable? I am open to suggestions though, I tried a lot of different things for this fight and probably not all of them went well.

Oibò

Feb 26, 2019
*Reactivates that mod and tries to start game*

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is the error I get after the splash screen, and if I try to ignore it and load my game, I can't navigate away from the town center. If I switch Mari's mod off and try again, I have no errors and the game proceeds as expected.
I've got this problem too. Did you manage to fix it?

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
That's the same error I get with other mods that haven't been updated alright. Are you sure you have indeed got the latest version? Should be 1.91.
*Looks in Downloads Folder* It's ver 1.91. I had downloaded it for the first time after downloading the updated core game, using the link provided by L30 when they listed what mods were already hotfixed.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
That is all true, but at the same time, the entire sleep thing only really exists to give Loretta time to apply the advanced stocking/panty restraints, because it wouldn't make any sense if she'd manage to apply them on a resisting target.
I'd suggest a stun or trance would work too, and would probably fit better for a vampire anyway. I don't think vampires are famous for putting people to sleep.
Furthermore, sleep either takes away her stockings, locking most of her skill set(night terrors included, meaning she only does this once), or places her in a bad stance(she's not terribly strong at facesitting).
She also has no really damaging skills to bully you while you're still falling asleep, nor does she gain any other advantages from it.
Resisting the sleep while hard is not all useless, cause it gives you a turn to down some coffee and hope she uses a different skill path, in case you really don't want to fall asleep.
No, she keeps doing it even after losing her stockings. If she's supposed to stop at that point that would help, although not if she chose facesitting, then she'll just put you to sleep again as soon as you push her off.
And it's an incredibly hard check. Even with willpower 100 you only have a 50/50 chance of resisting. With my willpower I need to roll a natural 20.
I suppose the skill got a little beefier after the recent sleep buff Threshold did, but I was hoping it's still acceptable? I am open to suggestions though, I tried a lot of different things for this fight and probably not all of them went well.
The main problem is just how strong the sleep effect is compared to what the other enemies with sleep attacks use:
Matango: 10
Ancilla: 5
Kunoichi Trainee: 5
Sofia: 10
Loretta: 100
Bearing in mind that even if you use a potion immediately, it always procs once, that's punishing.
A secondary thing being that these enemies all have plenty of other attacks, if Loretta does I haven't yet seen them. She just keeps spamming the night terror attack over and over again. Am I just insanely unlucky?

cheeldoolb

Sep 24, 2017
I'd suggest a stun or trance would work too, and would probably fit better for a vampire anyway. I don't think vampires are famous for putting people to sleep.
Maybe not putting to sleep, but I think attacking people in their sleep is a thing they do? I don't want to move away from the whole 'you suddenly find yourself tied up in an embarrassing position' thing, so stun isn't quite right for that. It would work with trance, but I have separate plans for that later on.

No, she keeps doing it even after losing her stockings. If she's supposed to stop at that point that would help, although not if she chose facesitting, then she'll just put you to sleep again as soon as you push her off.
I think that may be a bug, likely happening if you teleport out of the amazon position stance? Cause her skill list gets updated in the event of normal struggling, and I think I forgot about teleport. In retrospect, I probably should've swapped her skill list when she starts the amazon stance, and not when you break out of it. I'll fix that for next build.

And it's an incredibly hard check. Even with willpower 100 you only have a 50/50 chance of resisting. With my willpower I need to roll a natural 20.
The main problem is just how strong the sleep effect is compared to what the other enemies with sleep attacks use:
Bearing in mind that even if you use a potion immediately, it always procs once, that's punishing.
I kind of designed it to be basically unresistable? Sleep is her big thing that has like half of her combat content behind it, and people can just spam coffee if the effect's weak, and never see the good stuff. That kinda worried me so I tried to make it really strong.
Given that sleep now takes more spirit than before, it may be reasonable to nerf it. I'll probably lower the energy drains to like 50? If you are afflicted by drowsy, she will keep trying to put you to sleep for good, and not damage you in other ways, so I think it's fair if the drain is stronger than other monsters who can combine the effect with other attacks.

A secondary thing being that these enemies all have plenty of other attacks, if Loretta does I haven't yet seen them. She just keeps spamming the night terror attack over and over again. Am I just insanely unlucky?
If you're clean of stances and status effects, she can do 3 different things - paralyze you, charm you or put you to sleep. I suppose with the basic pseudo-random renpy probably uses, the same skill could get used several times in a row more often than it should happen in theory.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
you can edit the states with a json editor i use this one:

that makes the girls as strong or weak as you like;)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Maybe not putting to sleep, but I think attacking people in their sleep is a thing they do? I don't want to move away from the whole 'you suddenly find yourself tied up in an embarrassing position' thing, so stun isn't quite right for that. It would work with trance, but I have separate plans for that later on.
Not really, that's succubi. Vampires can't enter your house unless you invite them, you can't do that if you're sleeping. They may attack at night, but they aren't really connected to sleep.
I kind of designed it to be basically unresistable? Sleep is her big thing that has like half of her combat content behind it, and people can just spam coffee if the effect's weak, and never see the good stuff. That kinda worried me so I tried to make it really strong.
That's kind of the problem. Having an attack that's unresistable goes against how basically all the other fights work. I can't think of any of them that force through a status effect even if you counter it with an item, even if they do have content locked behind it. I played her a load more times, and while these other times she would pick other attacks sometimes after escaping from her facesitting or amazon stance, still literally every time I countered her sleep with a potion she just cast it again. If she's supposed to always pick that if you're already sleepy, does she check this at the beginning of the round, and so will always do it again even if you've removed the sleep effect when her turn comes around maybe?
I definitely enjoyed her charm attack now I've seen it, it's a shame she does it so rarely compared to her sleep attack, and it's conversely too easy to resist, even on a natural one for many of the things to look at. Most temptation attacks give you the option to deliberately fail them if you pass the check, maybe that should be the case here too?
After breaking out by struggling rather than teleporting (which is a pain for a low power build) how many attacks is she supposed to have then? It seems like she only has the one foot worship attack, or am I being really unlucky again?

cheeldoolb

Sep 24, 2017
I played her a load more times, and while these other times she would pick other attacks sometimes after escaping from her facesitting or amazon stance, still literally every time I countered her sleep with a potion she just cast it again. If she's supposed to always pick that if you're already sleepy, does she check this at the beginning of the round, and so will always do it again even if you've removed the sleep effect when her turn comes around maybe?
There's no manual 'checks' here, it's all part of the game's skill code in this case. So the game doesn't look at your status effects until the moment Loretta has to execute a skill, so as long as you have no drowsy effect on you, you're definitely fair game for her other skills. I guess you're very unlucky and it's just pseudo-random being pseudo, and it's especially noticable with how small her skill pool is.

I definitely enjoyed her charm attack now I've seen it, it's a shame she does it so rarely compared to her sleep attack, and it's conversely too easy to resist, even on a natural one for many of the things to look at. Most temptation attacks give you the option to deliberately fail them if you pass the check, maybe that should be the case here too?
Her temptation scales incredibly with your fetish levels. So at 0 fetish you have to make a DC10-15, but at 75+ fetish it goes up to DC35 which is pretty big. I think it drives home her overall theme, with her exploiting your desires and using them against you. I might raise the lowest ones a bit though, cause they really are too easy for pure, fetish-free boys.
You can auto-fail the attack if you look in her eyes on purpose, although I suppose it could be nice to have bodypart temptation failures as well. They'd be really boring to write though, being so similar in function...

After breaking out by struggling rather than teleporting (which is a pain for a low power build) how many attacks is she supposed to have then? It seems like she only has the one foot worship attack, or am I being really unlucky again?
Just the foot worship for now, I understand it's quite scarce. I plan to make her needle skill available at all times(I forgot it's still locked behind her stunning kiss counter, or at least I think it still is). That should alleviate the spamminess of her barefoot state, somewhat.

But yes, it seems that most of the issues boil down to low number of skills being available in certain situations. They're all pretty highly customized, with blindfolds and even custom PC skills and whatnot, and each path even has a loss scene. But that doesn't really help with the fact that small skill pools don't work well with how un-random the renpy random is.
At the moment, I am thinking about giving her some more generic non-stance skills, like handjobs or something. Should address the unrandomness issue and would also let me make the sleep attack more 'normal', and lower the energy drain some without gimping Loretta herself too much.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You can auto-fail the attack if you look in her eyes on purpose, although I suppose it could be nice to have bodypart temptation failures as well. They'd be really boring to write though, being so similar in function...
I kind of assumed that they already had scenes for if you fail the check, I haven't got around to picking up those fetishes to try them out yet.
But yes, it seems that most of the issues boil down to low number of skills being available in certain situations. They're all pretty highly customized, with blindfolds and even custom PC skills and whatnot, and each path even has a loss scene. But that doesn't really help with the fact that small skill pools don't work well with how un-random the renpy random is.
I don't think it has anything to do with Renpy random being un-random, Python uses the Mersenne Twister for its random numbers and that's a decent quality PRNG for non-cryptographic uses. We just have a bias where we expect random numbers to be more evenly distributed than they really are. Ask someone to pick ten random numbers between one and ten and there's a decent chance they'll pick each number once, where a real random number generator almost certainly wouldn't - the chance of that is a minuscule fraction of a percent.
At the moment, I am thinking about giving her some more generic non-stance skills, like handjobs or something. Should address the unrandomness issue and would also let me make the sleep attack more 'normal', and lower the energy drain some without gimping Loretta herself too much.
How about arouse spells, unless she was lying to us about using arousal magic? I don't think she uses any magic spells currently, just her vampire powers.
For the sleep attack I would definitely bring it more in line with other monster girls' sleep attacks, either that or go the other way and make it a classic boss fight style stage separator; have it trigger just once when she drops below 50% health (or loses her first point of spirit) and make it much stronger, with no resistance check and something like a thousand damage so there's no countering it with a potion. It sounds to me like that's what you are saying you envision it as rather than a normal attack.

Harrison True

Mar 25, 2018
Still cannot beat Kotone's second trial (boobs or ass edging) at level 39, 180 arousal. I got her hypno slave perk long before I tried the trial, so I have to beat her with it...any advice?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Still cannot beat Kotone's second trial (boobs or ass edging) at level 39, 180 arousal. I got her hypno slave perk long before I tried the trial, so I have to beat her with it...any advice?
You just need more arousal, and it helps if you don't have a fetish for the one you choose. Tested with a save that's still on the hypno slave stage with her, with just the ten fetish that the perk gives arousal reaches around 250 at the finish. With equal fetish in both ass may be slightly easier. You can use runes or accessories that boost arousal to help too.

cheeldoolb

Sep 24, 2017
I don't think it has anything to do with Renpy random being un-random, Python uses the Mersenne Twister for its random numbers and that's a decent quality PRNG for non-cryptographic uses. We just have a bias where we expect random numbers to be more evenly distributed than they really are. Ask someone to pick ten random numbers between one and ten and there's a decent chance they'll pick each number once, where a real random number generator almost certainly wouldn't - the chance of that is a minuscule fraction of a percent.
You were right about her spamming Night Terrors, apparently it is a bug with the game's AI. I think it may have been introduced in v23.5b cause I haven't noticed it before. Basically the game fails to use the skill's "unusableIfStatusEffect" fields currently, which caused her to keep repeating sleep attack even if you drank coffee. It happened with other skills too, like the paralysis one. I have reported the bug to Threshold so hopefully he can pinpoint the issue soon, it's kinda major.

I uploaded a new release by the way, with a bunch of new skills and bugfixes. Hopefully I managed to address all the balance issues with this patch and she should be more fun to fight now. But yeah, right now the game's AI is borked so her paralysis skill may be very annoying, but that's out of my control.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You were right about her spamming Night Terrors, apparently it is a bug with the game's AI. I think it may have been introduced in v23.5b cause I haven't noticed it before. Basically the game fails to use the skill's "unusableIfStatusEffect" fields currently, which caused her to keep repeating sleep attack even if you drank coffee. It happened with other skills too, like the paralysis one. I have reported the bug to Threshold so hopefully he can pinpoint the issue soon, it's kinda major.

I uploaded a new release by the way, with a bunch of new skills and bugfixes. Hopefully I managed to address all the balance issues with this patch and she should be more fun to fight now. But yeah, right now the game's AI is borked so her paralysis skill may be very annoying, but that's out of my control.
There appears to be a bug in the new version, if you anal her before falling asleep then when you wake up it doesn't remove the blackness effect.

AlbyGona

Jul 11, 2018
I'm bugging out as well with the new update, relevant screenshots here. It happens as soon as I start up the game. If I hit Ignore and continue on, I error after leaving town and I can only explore the locales (aka can't visit sofia's domain, venefica, etc.). Has anyone managed to fix it?

EDIT: Figured out it was the Gorgon's Garden mod that broke the game. I would guess the option to directly access the garden from the world map is what made it mess up?

error.PNG mods.PNG

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes