decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Hi. I have a Question, This game have some images or is just text?
there are pics mostly portrait, some nude and fan art

Conspiracy theory #134:
Threshold never took a break in January.
He was actually abducted by sexy alien elves, who set up his evil twin from a parallel dimension, Dlohserht the straight-faced Liar, to take his place.
:unsure:
he's also posting in the thread a lot without any update:cry:
the real threshold, only made a post here when he released a new update...

also
I mean it's illegal to eat souls like a True Succubus doesn't mean it isn't happening or isn't happening often. In fact Sofia says that if you meet any True Succubi that she is an authority figure to report them to so there is probably soul eating going on in the modern day.
this strengents my theory that this island is actually a prison/exile
the demon queen set it all up and convinced the strongest girls to help her out in order to end the war

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
he's also posting in the thread a lot without any update:cry:
the real threshold, only made a posted here when he released a new update...
Definitely true, that the more prolix devs are the less prolific; after all, time spent bantering ain't spent working :poop:
That said, it's perfectly fine once in a while, for devs to be out there for some inspiration and/or moral support!
(...and if I'm honest, I just want that findomy afro-Lucidian bunny be an open-and-shut case already)

Looking forward the Labyrinth (sometime this year?) and some more quality mods!
MGD's a great universe with a solid base, after all. A bit of a slump isn't enough to make us forget what's been created, embellished and consolidated so far ;)

Reactions: decker2

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Seeing the dev engaged on here and being honest about being burned out and transparent as to things (especially given how some devs are) wins me over. I'm in.

PS Would love a level scaling toggle at start rather than simply in the game whenever it is you implement that.

A New Game+ mode as an alternative with mild dialogue "you look familiar"/being overly attached to MC/maybe even a slight plot change and mocking them as being weak...(or perhaps theyre more attached due to MC being strong) because they're way stronger/etc would be a cool touch... of course way after you get where you want to be. I think the slight changes would be something that some would love.

Imo any such thing probably would be way later on though after you get the core of all you are working to do with the game. It'd be a nice way to tweak content a bit after you wrap things up to have fun with some "what if?" type things (maybe making beating some characters intentionally "unwinnable" that aren't normally with branching plot?).

Just trying the game out now, a lot to it from what I glossed over before, I like what I see.

Last edited:
Reactions: L30

Maizemallard

Dec 24, 2019
I like the concept of Amy will there possibly be more characters will a creepy or horror element to them? its a not a concept that has been regularly shown in a erotic way and could make some interesting interactions and ideas! but it would be tough to make a character that creeps a player out but still make it attractive :ROFLMAO: but I like Amy so its possible!

Last edited:

toryuuu

Apr 24, 2018
GDrive: Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time
AnonFiles: The file you are looking for does not exist
LetsUpload: This site can’t be reached

I feel like I'm cursed to be unable to download a game if there isn't a MEGA or nopy link lol

Spuckspast

Dec 25, 2018
GDrive: Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time
AnonFiles: The file you are looking for does not exist
LetsUpload: This site can’t be reached

I feel like I'm cursed to be unable to download a game if there isn't a MEGA or nopy link lol
Use this one

Reactions: L30 and toryuuu

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
Monster Girl Dreams is a text based BFRPG made in Ren'Py. (The BF stands for Battle Fuck.)
The game is currently in alpha and is in active development, and while primarily text based there is character art for many of the lovely ladies in game.
Not only that, the game is FREE! Supporters get the same exact build as you. The only things their money gets them is voting in polls, early preview of character art, and more info on the development process (posts and discord). Nothing that exactly demands support.

Last edited by a moderator:

beldr

Aug 8, 2017
I like the concept of Amy will there possibly be more characters will a creepy or horror element to them? its a not a concept that has been regularly shown in a erotic way and could make some interesting interactions and ideas! but it would be tough to make a character that creeps a player out but still make it attractive :ROFLMAO: but I like Amy so its possible!
Only game where I have seen that is the Monster Girl Quest, specially in paradox

Reactions: Maizemallard

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
I suspect that at least for the GDrive version, the reason you couldn't download it was because Fenoxo recommended the game on his blog, so a bunch of people that like text based HRPGs (like me) who hadn't heard the game existed before (like me) suddenly learned of it's existance, and all rushed to download it and used up all the GDrive downloads for the next month.

Reactions: L30 and B2B2

Tired Noir

Dec 29, 2018
Is there any plan at all to put cgs in this game?
it hurts, to the point the pain becomes pure anger when i get to a girl who is pure sugary wholesomeness diabetes, make out with her, find out you can CUDDLE with her, but there's no cg for the cudding!
the lack of headpat and cuddling cgs is heretical, complete blasphemy and deserving of Exterminatus

• Haha
Reactions: Gojii

Dr. PuPu

Nov 30, 2019
it hurts, to the point the pain becomes pure anger when i get to a girl who is pure sugary wholesomeness diabetes, make out with her, find out you can CUDDLE with her, but there's no cg for the cudding!
the lack of headpat and cuddling cgs is heretical, complete blasphemy and deserving of Exterminatus
I agree that CGs would make this game a whole lot better, but unfortunately, that just isn't the focus, and I don't know if it will ever be. I'm just thankful that there are portraits for most of the characters and there will be portraits for every character by the end of it. They even change expressions and sometimes poses.

It began as a text-based game, so we were always expected to use our imagination, but I couldn't do that without at least some accompanying art for every encounter. As long as I can see what the characters look like and the emotions they're conveying, I can fill in the rest. I'm holding out on exploring the cavern further until Tabitha (the bat girl) has art because it matters that much to me. I hope her art shows up in the next update.

Aug 30, 2018
Yeah, I like it when Monster Girl stuff goes more into the horror aspects instead of "Big tidday girl with random animal bits." I think MGQ and Shrift has made this far more popular.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
I agree that CGs would make this game a whole lot better, but unfortunately, that just isn't the focus, and I don't know if it will ever be. I'm just thankful that there are portraits for most of the characters and there will be portraits for every character by the end of it. They even change expressions and sometimes poses.
i feel your pain, brothers:cry:

the only one with more than portrait is kotone and these were fan art by the same artist i think:unsure:
vili also has close up and will get nude portrait:love:
also some of the mods have portrait art from the same artist

so i wonder if "someone" would pay the artist to make cgs for the girls they already made the portraits for
maybe using patreons money to pay the artist;)
just an idea:WeSmart:

also how much would it cost to have an artist do cgs?

just went on discord and nobody there has ever asked this before:
"lets say if i would pay them (the artist) to do more pics would threshold put them in the game?"

also
im sure when he adds price list for additional art he be getting lot more patreons
its called crowdfunding;)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: lnppo

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
the only one with more than portrait is kotone and these were fan art by the same artist i think:unsure:
That wasn't fan art. xD
I commissioned it

so i wonder if "someone" would pay the artist to make cgs for the girls they already made the portraits for
maybe using patreons money to pay the artist;)
just an idea:WeSmart:
Gee, it's almost like I commission artists to do a wide number of things in accordance to my budget and their schedule as well as my existing laid out plans. :unsure:
and have already done some experimental cg style ones to test out the games current systems and peoples reactions to such things. (Kotone)
But with the way the game is structured I'm not going to rush into ero cg without experimentation and feedback first.

But character cg is definitely my primary focus still, and backgrounds are fairly simple to implement, and require less effort on my part overall I think, but most importantly they really spruce up earlier parts of the game to have the proper feel and tone I want.
Cause if an artist is working on one thing, they generally can't work on another.

also how much would it cost to have an artist do cgs?
That severely ranges between artists and the thing being commissioned. As well as variants.
A lot of artists have commission sheets you can look at, but I'd say the 'average' commission I get is probably 100$-150$?
But depending on multiple factors that can sometimes go 300+$.
But that's more in regards to character cgs.

"lets say if i would pay them (the artist) to do more pics would threshold put them in the game?"
The short answer is, no.
It would be irrational to let that kind of unrestrained activity be allowed and accepted.
Provided I understand what you mean correctly.
I can definitely extrapolate on why not if you want. : D

im sure when he adds price list for additional art he be getting lot more patreons
I am not gonna add tiers for commissioning art for the game if that's what you mean, it'd be far too 'middle-man' of me? None of the artists are 'hired' they get commissioned for individual pieces. So with how scheduling works that's not at all viable as a consistent thing. Or something I'd want to spend time managing.
And I generally have an idea of what I want to get done next for art, and this would greatly break that flow for things.
There's also the massive cost variability to the actual price of a commission due to variants and expressions.

its called crowdfunding;)
I'm... already doing that by definition tho??? :unsure:
via itchio and patreon.

D

Deleted member 2585477

Didnd't see this question yet, but what's your favorite Generic Monster Girl yet ? (so excluding non-unique characters)

I'm curious too see who is the fan's favorite.
Imps - (Well developed monsters, fun to bully, masochistic).
Kunoichi Trainees - (Again fun to bully and to dominate).
Tengu -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes