icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
Has any kind of party or partner system ever been considered? I was thinking of the possibility to take an NPC with you, most likely just one at a time to keep it simple. The NPC variety would allow for some interesting strategies to open up as well, like if you had a strong girl (Belle or Minoni, just for example) with you, and she'd be able to do things like prevent damage or help break you out of restraints. Then someone more on the "lewd" side (Shizu?) would act as more of a DPS role and try to arouse an enemy every turn.
Might open up an interesting weakness/resistance to "Girl/Girl" pleasure, hrmm. Perhaps it could work as more of a "modifier" where an enemy could have the weakness to having their breasts played with, but not be attracted to women, so having the partner target their breasts could just be neutral damage or even ineffective. I know there seems to be somewhat of a spectrum involved when it comes to if they're attracted to women as well as men, and that some of them have a hard time admitting it as well, so it could be interesting to see that expanded upon.
It might work best if the potential partners were limited to two or three "strategies" that you'd be able to switch between, so you wouldn't have to go through a whole extra menu every turn just to tell them what to do. So if you were journeying with someone whose main strategy was dealing arousal damage, but the enemy wasn't into women, you'd be able to have them focus on helping you out with buffing you, debuffing enemies, causing/curing status effects, etc.

Last edited:

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
I'll probably discover this for myself eventually with a high enough level. But in case someone already has a build taken to this extent. Is there a point where you have high enough stats that a move that an enemy isn't weak to is more powerful than using one they are weak to if you haven't put any points into it's stat(s?
The only move that scales super strong at a high level to me with minimal stats is Demon Layer.
You just need to have a high enough virility and you could use it on nearly every enemy no problem.

Reactions: Mustang Flex

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Has any kind of party or partner system ever been considered? I was thinking of the possibility to take an NPC with you, most likely just one at a time to keep it simple. The NPC variety would allow for some interesting strategies to open up as well, like if you had a strong girl (Belle or Minoni, just for example) with you, and she'd be able to do things like prevent damage or help break you out of restraints. Then someone more on the "lewd" side (Shizu?) would act as more of a DPS role and try to arouse an enemy every turn.
Might open up an interesting weakness/resistance to "Girl/Girl" pleasure, hrmm. Perhaps it could work as more of a "modifier" where an enemy could have the weakness to having their breasts played with, but not be attracted to women, so having the partner target their breasts could just be neutral damage or even ineffective. I know there seems to be somewhat of a spectrum involved when it comes to if they're attracted to women as well as men, and that some of them have a hard time admitting it as well, so it could be interesting to see that expanded upon.
It might work best if the potential partners were limited to two or three "strategies" that you'd be able to switch between, so you would have to go through a whole extra menu every turn just to tell them what to do. So if you were journeying with someone whose main strategy was dealing arousal damage, but the enemy wasn't into women, you'd be able to have them focus on helping you out with buffing you, debuffing enemies, causing/curing status effects, etc.
The idea of having someone tag along, or even a party is interesting, but I reckon it has some not insignificant difficulties in implementing without snapping the game balance in twain. I like your idea of having them only be a specific boost/move type they do. Instead of a more traditional form of them having the same potential stats and moves as the PC.

Since the game isn't all that tough if you're level appropriate, it's hard for me to think of exactly what would be done to offset having more power. Perhaps any companion(s) you have get a small cut of the loot? Though that could be a too much of a downside and most would just go alone to keep their shit. All in all I think any such system would by default have to be not that big of a difference.

Reactions: icollectsouls

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
A potential offset for the partner/companion system would be the inability to take them along with you for the proper "dungeons," since those are supposed to be more of a "prove your worth" ordeal. Though it'd be annoying to be able to take them along for one thing (even if it might just be a "minor" advantage) only to be restricted from having that opportunity somewhere else. [insert painful memories of not being able to take Yoshi into the Ghost Houses & Fortresses in Super Mario World]

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
I'll probably discover this for myself eventually with a high enough level. But in case someone already has a build taken to this extent. Is there a point where you have high enough stats that a move that an enemy isn't weak to is more powerful than using one they are weak to if you haven't put any points into it's stat(s?
Yes. For me, a technique based attack does 3 times the damage of an allure based attack, even when the latter is super effective. It's mostly a question of how badly you dumped the stat. I think most people will raise even their lowest stat so they can unlock perks and skills, but I left allure at 1 (raised to 5 to test damage outputs). It all depends on what you want for your build.

Reactions: L30

Vory

May 7, 2018
Personally I always go for a general build with hero cape or one of the artifacts from sophia for specific fights with 3 vigor runes so demon layer is really strong to me even with 40-45 in all stats 214% virility with the demon layer demolishes. Though I guess it makes sense since its a holy artifact specifically made to fuck them.

Reactions: Triple OG

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Random idea that may or may not snap the game in twain if implemented. More equipment slots? While not everything needs some in universe explanation, is there something keeping someone from putting on multiple pieces of magic shit that they would logically be able to wear together? The game's balance seems built well enough around having 1 accessory, with most of them being decent enough for the level you should have access to them at. Like I said, I could easily see this being not a good idea.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
So, which npc have art?
If you're talking about if they have accompanying CGs for their ero-scenes, then none so far.
Although, one thing that makes me curious is how they'll be implemented, since the way the player character works (to my understanding) is that, for the most part, he's supposed to be a "stand-in" for the player. The writing seems to mostly avoid describing the PC from what I've played, and I feel like having art where the player character is actually visible might ruin some of that vague "immersion." A silhouette would help in terms of not having to worry about things like skin color, but doesn't solve the issue of player body shape. Another unfortunate issue is that (even with my limited knowledge of coding/programming) I'd imagine having to incorporate a bunch of variables like different colors & shapes for body, hair, etc. is immediate headache territory. It'd probably be similarly difficult for the artists to have to draw different variants.
Maybe the best solution would be to go for more "POV" shots but then also have things like the player body "out of sight," which isn't exactly unheard of, but you'd end up with a floating hands/dick effect (which I wouldn't mind but I know it isn't a particular favorite.)
Random idea that may or may not snap the game in twain if implemented. More equipment slots? While not everything needs some in universe explanation, is there something keeping someone from putting on multiple pieces of magic shit that they would logically be able to wear together? The game's balance seems built well enough around having 1 accessory, with most of them being decent enough for the level you should have access to them at. Like I said, I could easily see this being not a good idea.
I had been wondering about more equipment slots as well, and had come to a similar conclusion that it could just break shit. Though I would maybe like a bit of a more traditional RPG feel where you had different slots for different body parts, maybe at the cost of having stats & bonuses on the pre-existing equipment being altered.

I think the game's balance is interesting, because it's like... everyone seems to enjoy how it plays and has no legitimate issue with anything like the stats or the combat, maybe with a general consensus that the game is comfortably easy for the most part (with that being seen as a good thing.) At the same time, I feel like there's a lot that's also been discussed in regards to giving the player more options or adding a bit more "flavor" to specific areas of the game, like my post about the potential for a partner character, and this post about equipment slots.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I agree, nothing I can come up with as a possible addition or change to the core game really strikes me as something the game really ought to have. (Coming up with ideas for new encounters or characters is something I could do all day, but that's different) If more equipment is a possibility, my guess as to making it some kind of hard limit based on how high tier the gear is. (this is probably based on level, so rushing eros to get swanky gear isn't super viable) The limit I think, would be tweaked so you could theoretically wear 1 top end item (or at least the best item available at the shop from the start) at level 1. (or have it to where regardless of your gear limit, you can always equip 1) That way, big stuff which gives meaningful boosts are still somewhat exclusive, whereas low tier items have at least some reason to exist at higher levels.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Atm that would super throw balance out the window given how strong accessories can be.

If I were to add an extra equipment slot it'd prolly be one specific for rings? But I def don't intend to dabble with that kind of stuff for a long while if I do it at all. I have a bunch of game balance stuff to sort out first.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Atm that would super throw balance out the window given how strong accessories can be.

If I were to add an extra equipment slot it'd prolly be one specific for rings? But I def don't intend to dabble with that kind of stuff for a long while if I do it at all. I have a bunch of game balance stuff to sort out first.
That's a more than fair response. And all the balance changes I've seen so far have been pretty good, so you're doing better than a lot of game developers I could name.

Iper

Aug 5, 2018

What did you think about a collar slot?
They have a bonus, but also a pretty strong malus, so this shouldn't breack the balance... i think.

Reactions: fanboi

Azazael

Mar 15, 2018
Yes it is, it gets updates more often than 90% of the games on this site and Threshold is on here a few times a week answering questions so consider it very much an ongoing project.
Oh, thanks.
I just decided to ask since most of the comments I was going through were from entire years ago.

(that and it was like, eleven at night, sorry. :FacePalm: )

• Love
Reactions: lnppo

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Upon further overthinking. I've come to the conclusion that I don't much like the luck stat (or luck stats in general) But can't really think of any solid reason to remove/change it, nor what an alternative could be. So I don't know if I ought to be griping. Buuut, I'mma do it anyway with the caveat that this is just me putting my thoughts into words, and nothing else.

Itemizing my rambling bitching and moaning by tying each one to parts of what Luck does seems like the best way to get things across, so starting with crit chance/crit resistance.

This kind of thing pops up in other games, even ones without a luck stat often have ways of increasing crit chance. On paper it's not a bad idea, crits are fun, who doesn't want to get more? (and the inverse is true, since getting crit isn't fun and who doesn't want to avoid that?) But I myself usually find it preferable to get more reliable regular damage, instead of putting in points to maybe sometimes get a big bonus. (same with crit reduction, I'd rather have enough arousal to tank more hits than getting a bigger chance to not take one.

The miscellaneous bonuses to hit chance, evasion, initiative, damage, restraint escape, all fall under the same general gripe for me. Basically, if I wanted to boost one of these things, I prefer to raise a stat for a more significant raise in one or two things, than use a point for a less noticeable boost.

Getting more loot is the one thing I can't say I really don't like. But at the same time, due to the fact that you usually have enough money for whatever you need in time, it's kinda eh.

All in all I just prefer to spend points on stuff that has a more immediately noticeable impact on performance. This being said, however, I think it's just a build preference, and isn't indicative of any flaw in Luck stats as a whole

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Looks like I missed quite a few discussions while I have been away the last few days.

Has any kind of party or partner system ever been considered? I was thinking of the possibility to take an NPC with you, most likely just one at a time to keep it simple.
There has been something of a conversation about turning Stella the Bag Mimic into a traveling companion, although much of that discussion was also in jest. If this ever were to be a thing, it would likely happen further in the future after more balance passes and content has been implemented similar to if ring accessory slots were to ever be a thing.

If you're talking about if they have accompanying CGs for their ero-scenes, then none so far.
Although, one thing that makes me curious is how they'll be implemented, since the way the player character works (to my understanding) is that, for the most part, he's supposed to be a "stand-in" for the player. The writing seems to mostly avoid describing the PC from what I've played, and I feel like having art where the player character is actually visible might ruin some of that vague "immersion." A silhouette would help in terms of not having to worry about things like skin color, but doesn't solve the issue of player body shape. Another unfortunate issue is that (even with my limited knowledge of coding/programming) I'd imagine having to incorporate a bunch of variables like different colors & shapes for body, hair, etc. is immediate headache territory. It'd probably be similarly difficult for the artists to have to draw different variants.
Maybe the best solution would be to go for more "POV" shots but then also have things like the player body "out of sight," which isn't exactly unheard of, but you'd end up with a floating hands/dick effect (which I wouldn't mind but I know it isn't a particular favorite.)
This hasn't been quite set in stone yet as far as I'm aware. The last few conversations on this topic did confirm that none of them are really ideal given that there will be people unhappy with any choice. Silhouette or the floating, disembodied penis did have a little more support given they lend themselves over more to player immersion than the generic Japanese eroge protagonist look where the face is either not shown or partially obscured by hair given the latter option would require more definition of player attributes and could clash with how some players envision their character. Not to mention if player appearance attributes were made a thing and then multiple images with various palette swaps implemented to try and help maintain some level of immersion, that could quickly get out of hand.

POV shots would be difficult, if not impossible, for some scenes or just would turn out quite poorly unfortunately. Such as the long mating scene with Jora where she coils her tail around the player to keep their bodies pressed snuggly together. A POV version of that scene would be a real disservice as it would omit several details that lend themselves well to the fetishes that particular scene explores due to the limited field of view the player would have at the time. That said, I imagine there are some scenes that can be shown via POV and turn out quite well, but it would not be as effective of a catch-all style as some of the other options.

I do hope that this information is satisfactory at the moment, icollectsouls.

So, which npc have art?
icollectsouls has already provided an answer in that no scenes have any art yet, Sofia and Vivian, during the latter's training, do have some VFX elements to help make them more interesting. That said, the vast majority of characters do have character sprite artwork now with the notable exceptions missing art are Belle in the Town, Selena the Nymph in the Forest, Stella the Bag Mimic in the Forest Dungeon, The Succubi Campers trio currently do not have any art implemented although Heather's delicious art is ready but it would not surprise me if this was held back until all three had their art ready for implementation, Minoni, Feng, Kotone, and the Oni Twins in the Temple do not have art but the art for the Twins art is ready and will likely be included in the next update, and Nova, Tabitha, Amy, the unnamed Lumiren, and the Salarisi generic encounter do not have art in the Caverns.

I do hope that this answers your question, curtiskwong8.

So uh, is this game even still a thing?
Volta already answered this question, but I'll try and provide a little more in the way of specifics. In general, Threshold tries to release a more substantial update every month along with bugfixes as necessary between updates. Of course, a number of bugfixes also include additional content such as new art assets or more functions to support modding.

I do hope that you find this information helpful, Azazael.

Now for a little more news on the upcoming update, most of it is in the interesting to good range but there is a small amount of bad news although it does make sense. Mustang Flex, I know you were worried about content restrictions so this will be of interest to you. Unfortunately, two events will be restricted to specific time periods, specifically the Manticore sunbathing event and Feng howling at the moon will only occur during the day and night respectively. This is a small restriction in the grand scheme of things and is logical given the difficulties of performing the former during the night and the latter during the day, but these are the only restrictions planned at the moment.

Now, for some good news, firstly the Church will have several new blessings available for purchase. These particular blessings are more temporary in nature, taking advantage of the new Day/Night system, and will only last a week at a time. Only one blessing can be used at a time and all of these grant some form of utility. Here's what they currently look like for those who are curious:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Secondly, a variety of meals are being added to the inn. Currently, it is planned that these will provide temporary perks/buffs as well that will only last for a single day and can be stacked with the chosen week long blessing from Venereae. However, if this turns out to be too tedious to deal with and maintain based on player feedback, testing, and the like, this could either just be turned into a fluff feature or instead provide a small permanent stat boost as you unlock and sample more meals and introduce exotic Lucidian cuisine into your diet. Here's what they currently look like for those who are curious:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Depending on how well or poorly these are received will determine how this feature advances in the future or is changed. Another idea being toyed with is going on quests and gathering ingredients to give Belle to unlock specialty dishes with more unique effects, should this remain as a temporary and permanent bonus mechanic. If not, well they could still be done and be used to build up Belle's affection. On the note of Belle, the lovely bartender at the Inn now has her own little intro scene at the bar.

Finally, a new species of monster girl is being designed right now as well. Threshold asked to not spread the details around too much and I will honor that request. So while I will not share more specific information on what they look like, how they behave, and so on, I will mention a few very generic details. If you are a fan of shortstacks, specifically sub 4 feet tall on average, you may greatly enjoy this WIP monster girl species, especially if you enjoy them with generally larger assets. Apologies for not sharing more on this last piece, but I'm not going to ignore the developer's wishes on this.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
Upon further overthinking. I've come to the conclusion that I don't much like the luck stat (or luck stats in general) But can't really think of any solid reason to remove/change it, nor what an alternative could be. So I don't know if I ought to be griping. Buuut, I'mma do it anyway with the caveat that this is just me putting my thoughts into words, and nothing else.

Itemizing my rambling bitching and moaning by tying each one to parts of what Luck does seems like the best way to get things across, so starting with crit chance/crit resistance.

This kind of thing pops up in other games, even ones without a luck stat often have ways of increasing crit chance. On paper it's not a bad idea, crits are fun, who doesn't want to get more? (and the inverse is true, since getting crit isn't fun and who doesn't want to avoid that?) But I myself usually find it preferable to get more reliable regular damage, instead of putting in points to maybe sometimes get a big bonus. (same with crit reduction, I'd rather have enough arousal to tank more hits than getting a bigger chance to not take one.

The miscellaneous bonuses to hit chance, evasion, initiative, damage, restraint escape, all fall under the same general gripe for me. Basically, if I wanted to boost one of these things, I prefer to raise a stat for a more significant raise in one or two things, than use a point for a less noticeable boost.

Getting more loot is the one thing I can't say I really don't like. But at the same time, due to the fact that you usually have enough money for whatever you need in time, it's kinda eh.

All in all I just prefer to spend points on stuff that has a more immediately noticeable impact on performance. This being said, however, I think it's just a build preference, and isn't indicative of any flaw in Luck stats as a whole
Besides crit chance the most valuable thing about the luck stat to me is the help it provides on skill checks. For some bosses you are going to need a high dice roll + stat (tech, strength or willpower) + luck roll in order to pass the skill check. Honestly luck was the last thing I invested in my build as with just 15 Luck you can get the Heroic Comeback perk.

If you beat Sofia then you can ask for the lucky pocket watch as it gives +24 Luck and -13 willpower. And the willpower is easy to make up with heroic runes also from Sofia that give a +5. I ended up with around 40% crit chance and 30% evade both stances and crit reduction with it's 5% perk on top of all this is pretty good. I hardly fill up my arousal meter unless I'm fighting super sayian powered level 75 Sofia(y).

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes