Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Yo, seem to get an exception thrown whenever I try to shop or learn skills on v22.4
Same here. Also Vanefica's question about MC's colar repeats indifinetely after every action with her (i.e. after 'done talking' or changing subjects of discussion [not the topics within a discussion]), working for her as a pet didn't took the blue balls status away and when working long shift there's a 'stink' instead of 'think' at some point, at one point during talking with her about the differences of dark magic instead of dialogue line there is a 'speak' and nothing else, during the punishment scene there's "let your cock do the think thinking" typo (I'm not sure about 'let your' part, but there's 'think thinking' for sure), when talking with Elly there's a small typo in "talk about something else" written as "somthing else".

Last edited:

tulkas11

May 3, 2018
Adding this line as the last line of the the for block on line 103 of on_bymenu.rpy fixed the problem for me.

p = min(p, len(perk.PerkType) - 1)

It seems as if it's trying to find the shop perk and fails when the perk hasn't been taken.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I really like this game, are the mods worth it?
In short yes, Waifu, beach, gren and bopit are all great mods that add varying degrees of extra gameplay for no negative impact, they are simply extra content to enjoy should you want to.

Waifu is the longest of those mods, adding extra learnable moves from an additional NPC, an angel with three fights, including one that is right at the end game level of difficulty right now, easily in the top 5 hardest fights in the game, a loli cowgirl with a milking fetish and an extra set of dialogues for Mika ect., very nice mod.

Beach adds the beach area( who'd have thunk), which is a little harder than the forest but around the same level, there are a pair of bosses that are quite a bit harder but in total you can expect 4-5 more unique fights, or something like that, plenty of content to enjoy with pretty good quality writing.

Gren is a standalone encounter in the forest, she's a bit harder than the rest of the forest denizens but not by a huge amount, she has a lot of content, not loads but plenty if you appreciate frog girls.

Bopit is a really interesting mod that adds a quest in the caverns for you to retrieve the bopit, the fight itself is very much a simon says sort of operation that penalises you for being too slow or not following orders, honestly it's one of the more interesting fights in the game and must have taken quite a bit of effort to get to work as desired.

On the whole, mod it, it's just extra content, just back up your save before hand to be completely safe, mods can rarely interfere with a new version, or rather the new version interfere with the mods, this hasn't happened for a long time but i do wonder if the balancing update could throw things around a little, as it deals with the games back end rather than just adding content, though that is only me being a pessimist.

There is also the gamebreaker mod that adds an item that is designed to make the MC so overpowered that you can breeze through the game and just enjoy content, worth it if you're forced to start a new playthrough and have had enough of grinding levels to get back to 50.

Sillent

May 8, 2017
Yo, seem to get an exception thrown whenever I try to shop or learn skills on v22.4
Same problem here.
Adding this line as the last line of the the for block on line 103 of on_bymenu.rpy fixed the problem for me.

It seems as if it's trying to find the shop perk and fails when the perk hasn't been taken.
Didn,t work unfortunetly. Now instead of line 106 having "perk" not defined its line 103.

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
fixt 103, now its 247( the Line with: hbox: )

# Display the actual list entry
hbox:
xfill True
ysize on_listEntryHeight
if SkillShopping == 0:

Last edited:

track989

Mar 25, 2018
Personally i'm looking forward to some of the corrupted humans/mostly humans, like Narra, they add a lot to the world IMO.
Definitely agree, Nara's scenes don't appeal to me much more or much less than other enemies' but in terms of world-building she adds a lot.

Couple of questions/comments to Threshold or to L30 if you happen to know the answer:

1) Roughly how realistic is the version number in terms of predicted scope? Based on time in dev so far and numbers so far, that'd potentially mean you plan to keep developing until the late 2020s/2030, and have ~300 NPCs/monsters (currently 75 files in the monsters folder). I assume 22% is a conservative estimate to leave room for more breadth if you want to add it, and the number might jump considerably as the main quest progresses e.g. 30%+ at labyrinth and 40%+ at capital? I definitely wouldn't say no to an MGD with 300 enemies but it seems very ambitious!

2) Minor performance issue - it's not exactly high priority since the game is turn based and static, but I find that the UI can be very laggy on my PC (which is below average but not ancient; has an SSD, can play witcher 3 at medium settings and acceptable fps). Lag events tend to be dialogue; when a bunch of dialogue options appear on the screen, mousing over the first one quickly reveals that it takes a second or two for it to register and be shaded with a pink background, and once you click on an option there's often a second of lag too. Maybe a renpy limitation but I don't remember this being the case in earlier versions so perhaps something somewhere is scaling up O(n^c) with content in the game, in which case in a few more versions the issue might affect newer PCs too.

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
Well, with the problem with Line 103 and 247 in the on_bymenu.rpy could i deal with. Now i still can't buy Things .

Edit: has someone tips for:
File "game/gamecode/on_buyMenu.rpy", line 103, in <module>
NameError: name 'perk' is not defined

Last edited:

RandomQ

Jun 15, 2017
Just finished with Venefica, and loved her a lot more than I thought I would. Can't wait till she get's more. That aside, I have 2 burning questions. The first being Dark Magic. PLEASE eventually add that to the game. I just love the thought of being a badass mage, and have always found the magic in this game needing something more. It all just feels like beginner level spells. I would love to see some Dark Magic or, Venereae forbid, Ancient magic (yes, I know it's "impossible" or whatever, but a man can dream damnit!) I suppose that isn't necessarily a question, but I think it's somewhere in the same realm.

Second, and I know this is a long, long way out. Will there be character endings? I've heard all this talk of harems, but there are certain characters who would much rather be the MC's one and only. Kaia, Jora, and even Sophia would (in my humble opinion) be better served as a singular partner over just another harem mate. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to be in a harem, I'm just asking if it will be possible to perhaps not go the harem route?

Reactions: Pelican!

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
the latest android version is full of bugs. I cannot buy anything on skills. it crashes the game everytime. vivian and adventuring skills tested

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
sorry for bothering, i've been trying to install a mod (mac version) and i'm having problems with the instructions, mainly that i've found three different instructions and some ask me to download extra things and i am not sure i want to download things if they are not going to work later on.
how do i install a mod?

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes