Unity Abandoned Monster Girls Hotel [Ch.1 Alpha] [D&G Games]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

VermilionChen

Jun 1, 2019
If this game doesn't waste donators' money like Monster Girl Island does, then it will be promising.

Last edited:

robot0414

Jul 21, 2017
Can't save is a really big problem.Sometimes can't talk with the character and can't pass the time.It is forcing me to restart the game and lose all data.btw looking forward to future build as a monster girl lover.

Reactions: Gtarp

Gtarp

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
Wow this game sure is janky and I don't want to hate it but it's hard not to, to be brutally honest.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This. This is exactly what we wanted. I can't thank you enough for taking your time to write all of this. Everything has been notes and most will be changed (hopefully fully resolved) by Prologue v2, next month.
The girls models are still being tweaked. Once we find apporopiate bones and rigs that don't glitch and can be correctlt animated, we'll begin working on the textures and materials to make them less human-ey
I really can't thank you enough for all this feedback. Hopefully you'll also try v2 when it comes out and fares mych better.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Could you elaborate about the problems in navigation?
I absolutely hate the cursor changes camera/direction and then keys control forward or sideways motion form of navigation. I assume it's for using some sort of VR setup where it'll end up being a "more natural" way of getting around. This game's implementation is HORID. All I end up doing is bumping into walls and spending a minute or two going back and forth to find the right position where right clicking actually opens a door, then hoping the door doesn't open toward me and push me to a position where I can't get through the door before it closes again.

I have used this form of navigation in other games and after about 30 seconds of adjustment forgot that's how I was navigating. I still dislike it in those. That's not what happens in this game, there is no point in which I was able to get immersed into the game and forget the navigation I was using to get around in it.

I'm all good with having arrows or clickable areas which I use to navigate from room to room.

Heck, I'm good with giving me buttons for all the rooms I can access from where I am.

Do not make me fumble around like a blind person who's been given their first cane.

Gtarp

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
I absolutely hate the cursor changes camera/direction and then keys control forward or sideways motion form of navigation. I assume it's for using some sort of VR setup where it'll end up being a "more natural" way of getting around. This game's implementation is HORID. All I end up doing is bumping into walls and spending a minute or two going back and forth to find the right position where right clicking actually opens a door, then hoping the door doesn't open toward me and push me to a position where I can't get through the door before it closes again.

I have used this form of navigation in other games and after about 30 seconds of adjustment forgot that's how I was navigating. I still dislike it in those. That's not what happens in this game, there is no point in which I was able to get immersed into the game and forget the navigation I was using to get around in it.

I'm all good with having arrows or clickable areas which I use to navigate from room to room.

Heck, I'm good with giving me buttons for all the rooms I can access from where I am.

Do not make me fumble around like a blind person who's been given their first cane.
Yes, it seems the slowed camera has troubled most players. We'll disable it and make it as responsive as the vertical axis, so it's the same as any FPS game camera.
Thanks for taking the time to elaborate. I really appreciate it.

Hibikiki

Sep 29, 2018
I like how this game looks so far, but there are some things that bother me. The inventory system doesn't appear to be working right, when I picked up both the broom and ball they were stuck to my hand and I couldn't deselect them. The text gets cut off from the bottom of the screen so I can't even read what is being said. I also had trouble trying to talk to the first girl, I kept clicking, but couldn't talk to her until she took one step. When I tried talking to her in the garden, I couldn't walk away or stop talking to her. I was just stuck asking her the same three questions again and again. I do have hopes for this so I will keep an eye on it and future updates. I hope it gets better from here on

Gtarp

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
I like how this game looks so far, but there are some things that bother me. The inventory system doesn't appear to be working right, when I picked up both the broom and ball they were stuck to my hand and I couldn't deselect them. The text gets cut off from the bottom of the screen so I can't even read what is being said. I also had trouble trying to talk to the first girl, I kept clicking, but couldn't talk to her until she took one step. When I tried talking to her in the garden, I couldn't walk away or stop talking to her. I was just stuck asking her the same three questions again and again. I do have hopes for this so I will keep an eye on it and future updates. I hope it gets better from here on
Duly noted. We'll focus on bug fixing and release a v2 next month that runs smoother.
Thanks for playing!

Reactions: Hibikiki
D

Deleted member 112830

is this from the same people who monster girl island?

D

Deleted member 112830

Obviously, no.
Redamz is already terribly slow, so he can't make another game at the same time.
Ah, I see I just thought it was because they look similar and Monster girl island has been in the prologue phase for like 5 years.

Oct 11, 2018
Get ready for a train wreck people. The dyslectic person is going to talk about the texts in the game.
I'm trying to not bring up things i have seen other people bring up.

Missing texts and events:
Estelle never mentions her name, she just introduces herself as the Caretaker.

When telling Estelle your going to help her or when your going to play with Lilith the respective character don't give you a response before starting the mini-game.

Estelle call mc Darling without explanation and the mc doesn't question it. (but i guess Estelle calling you darling and Lilith calling you friend can be just placeholders until you get the "pick mc name" mechanic working)

No event of fist encounter with Lilith.

Mistakes in texts:
Estelle event after waking up
[Estelle
"He told me that's the best way to break it up to a human".
Shude it not be: "break it to a human" or "break it down to a human". But that might be Estelle's dialect playing with her speech.]

Failing mini-games turns in to a failed hide and seek game with Lilith.

Lilith second event (studying in mc room)
[Lilith had some biscuits and jars with her.
Looks rather like she had a "pair of tankers with her" rather then some jars but then again she might have had some jars with her two with some jam or something.

"Estelle forbids having food or drinks in the study or library." not "Estelle forbids having food or dring in the study or library."

Mc can't decide if they are biscuits or cookies.]

Buttons during events can have some confusing texts.

Personal opinions:
The gray arrow used during the sweeping mini-game can be hard to see against some backgrounds.(in particularly against the oven)

It can be hard to see the difference in the text between when the mc is talking out loud and thinking.

Final thoughts:
I'm not going to go on a rant now about the problems in the graphics department as many of them are placeholder and are still being developed. But try too remember to cheek that the trees aren't floating in the air in the environment around the carriage ride.

Look forward to seeing where this development goes.
Good luck and best regards.

Reactions: Gtarp

Gtarp

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
Get ready for a train wreck people. The dyslectic person is going to talk about the texts in the game.
I'm trying to not bring up things i have seen other people bring up.

Missing texts and events:
Estelle never mentions her name, she just introduces herself as the Caretaker.

When telling Estelle your going to help her or when your going to play with Lilith the respective character don't give you a response before starting the mini-game.

Estelle call mc Darling without explanation and the mc doesn't question it. (but i guess Estelle calling you darling and Lilith calling you friend can be just placeholders until you get the "pick mc name" mechanic working)

No event of fist encounter with Lilith.

Mistakes in texts:
Estelle event after waking up
[Estelle
"He told me that's the best way to break it up to a human".
Shude it not be: "break it to a human" or "break it down to a human". But that might be Estelle's dialect playing with her speech.]

Failing mini-games turns in to a failed hide and seek game with Lilith.

Lilith second event (studying in mc room)
[Lilith had some biscuits and jars with her.
Looks rather like she had a "pair of tankers with her" rather then some jars but then again she might have had some jars with her two with some jam or something.

"Estelle forbids having food or drinks in the study or library." not "Estelle forbids having food or dring in the study or library."

Mc can't decide if they are biscuits or cookies.]

Buttons during events can have some confusing texts.

Personal opinions:
The gray arrow used during the sweeping mini-game can be hard to see against some backgrounds.(in particularly against the oven)

It can be hard to see the difference in the text between when the mc is talking out loud and thinking.

Final thoughts:
I'm not going to go on a rant now about the problems in the graphics department as many of them are placeholder and are still being developed. But try too remember to cheek that the trees aren't floating in the air in the environment around the carriage ride.

Look forward to seeing where this development goes.
Good luck and best regards.
Thanks for playing the game! I'm glad you could reach the events for the girls. You make very good points.
We are aware of the conversations bringing things up out of thin air, or no introductions happening first time you meet characters. The coding for conversations happening first time and then never again is complex and can get messy, thus it's on hold until the other gameplay glitches are fixed (we got a few done already).
Once the game is much more stable we'll check those things as well as start with new events for the girls. Hopefully March release is stable enough for us to do that.
Thanks for your very detailed feedback again! Hope you stick around for next version.

Gtarp

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
NEW UPDATE IS OUT!

Links on the Patreon. I'll speak to the uploader so that he can update the OP as soon as he can.

Here is the changelog, hold on tight:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope you enjoy it, and as always, looking forward to your feedback.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote