Recommending Monster Girls, Kemonomimi and Non-Human girls - Recommendations, Updates, and Resources

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Either that or I have become Joseph Joestar

His rules are beyond our understanding I guess
Or something like that yeah, if you aren't into fisting him. :p

You're not wrong, but that imho also doesn't change the fact that he isn't wrong either. I don't think many people would pass elves as monsters girls unless they were being generous, and even then only with a roll of the eyes. They're literally just perfected humans, and of the traditional "humans but with--" fantasy races, are easily the most boring and least imaginative.

Could be my bias though, I study a shitton of mythology and folklore so I always feel a bit sad whenever I see less imagination in fantasy than a handful of our naked ancestors huddling around a fire had hundreds of years ago.

Still looks interesting I guess, so thanks for the req regardless. Family trouble too.
Yes I agree with most with that. And I wouldn't've suggested it here if the OP didn't have that elf list really.

I hope you enjoy it. I should say the game is quite difficult to follow, there are a lot of flashbacks. They can be skipped but the story's even harder to follow if you do that.

Reactions: Sscdrake

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Could be my bias though, I study a shitton of mythology and folklore so I always feel a bit sad whenever I see less imagination in fantasy than a handful of our naked ancestors huddling around a fire had hundreds of years ago.
Which is tragic since elves, dwarves and other fantasy creatures have been standardized into the same template body and with the same basic characteristics.
Or something like that yeah, if you aren't into fisting him. :p
Well I never tried it, but I can turn him into a Kermit in no time. cracks knuckles

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Which is tragic since elves, dwarves and other fantasy creatures have been standardized into the same template body and with the same basic characteristics.

Well I never tried it, but I can turn him into a Kermit in no time. cracks knuckles
I'd argue they have been slowly evolving. I mean, they weren't meant to be more than exaggerated facets of humanity, after all. Elves are just perfect humans, dwarves represent our industrious nature with social emphasis on the working/merchant classes, orcs represent ever-present human savagery that borders the uncivilized animal world and our propensity for war/violence.

Over the ages, people have slowly twisted and added to them, i.e. orcs weren't always the greenskins we know now (literally just ugly humans most of the time, but for example early DnD and many Japanese sources depict them as the somewhat familiar pig-faced variant), and weren't heavily associated with other races like goblins and hobgoblins.

I'll admit depictions of elves and dwarves haven't evolved as much, but we see that a lot with human-adjacent or stand-in races because we generally have a hard time relating to things that don't look like us, which is why sci-fi has the same problem with aliens. And well, unlike orcs, elves and dwarves were supposed to be allies.

But I agree with you in that I wish more was done with them, even if within their templates. My favorite example of this is Warhammer, which has very recognizable "classic" races but with such incredibly unique and flavorful twists that it ultimately makes them utterly unique races.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I'd argue they have been slowly evolving. I mean, they weren't meant to be more than exaggerated facets of humanity, after all. Elves are just perfect humans, dwarves represent our industrious nature with social emphasis on the working/merchant classes, orcs represent ever-present human savagery that borders the uncivilized animal world and our propensity for war/violence.

Over the ages, people have slowly twisted and added to them, i.e. orcs weren't always the greenskins we know now (literally just ugly humans most of the time, but for example early DnD and many Japanese sources depict them as the somewhat familiar pig-faced variant), and weren't heavily associated with other races like goblins and hobgoblins.

I'll admit depictions of elves and dwarves haven't evolved as much, but we see that a lot with human-adjacent or stand-in races because we generally have a hard time relating to things that don't look like us, which is why sci-fi has the same problem with aliens. And well, unlike orcs, elves and dwarves were supposed to be allies.

But I agree with you in that I wish more was done with them, even if within their templates. My favorite example of this is Warhammer, which has very recognizable "classic" races but with such incredibly unique and flavorful twists that it ultimately makes them utterly unique races.
Of course orcs represents the barbarians, the uncivilized.
From Polyphemus to the Mediterranean orcs of the modern age representing the Muslim, orcs represent that.
Same could be said about the Onis, savages monsters.

And yes we enjoy our aliens being depicted as humanoid as possible.
The Greys, the martians must fall into an uncanny valley between the recognizable humanoid and eerie.
When a scientifically accurate alien is anything but human like.
Wells depicted a somewhat faithful portrait of what an alien could be, but we marched towards the egghead aliens instead.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes