Taldoy

Aug 4, 2017
Idk if you should be taking these people's complaints seriously. They don't actually seem all that familiar with the artist they're comparing you to. If they wanted to come in here and stir up shit for no reason, they should have at least picked an artist with a distinctive style. Afrobull's whole schtick is creating adult fanart in the style of existing cartoons and comics. There's nothing unique about their art nor cohesive about their style. That isn't meant to be derogatory. They're very good at what they do, but saying your style is a ripoff of someone whose output ranges from Scooby Doo to Hazbin Hotel fanart is obvious BS. If there was particular stuff Afrobull had done that they thought you'd ripped off, it would be more appropriate to say you'd ripped off the original IP than anything. It's also incredibly ironic to accuse you of ripping off an artist whose entire career is based on mimicing existing IP. I can't imagine anyone being familiar with Afrobull being so disconnected from popular culture that they didn't realise that any of their art was fanart. These people are either obvious trolls or complete idiots. My advice is to ignore them if you can. If they keep coming back to spout obvious BS, report them for trolling and taking the thread off topic
I have no clue how you can't see it. Literally the first thing I thought when I saw the banner for this game was "Is this AI afrobull?"
And creating art of existing characters has nothing to with an artist's artstyle. You can find 1000 of images of Mickey Mouse on the internet and clearly see the difference between each of them, and probably also recognize which known artists have drawn which versions. Afrobulls style is quite unique. I know of another artist out there who has a similar style to afrobull's but I can still tell that the other artist has taken inspiration from afrobull and is not just straight up copying them. This AI is not taking inspiration from Afrobull. This AI is just trained to replicate afrobull's artstyle

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I have no clue how you can't see it. Literally the first thing I thought when I saw the banner for this game was "Is this AI afrobull?"
And creating art of existing characters has nothing to with an artist's artstyle. You can find 1000 of images of Mickey Mouse on the internet and clearly see the difference between each of them, and probably also recognize which known artists have drawn which versions. Afrobulls style is quite unique. I know of another artist out there who has a similar style to afrobull's but I can still tell that the other artist has taken inspiration from afrobull and is not just straight up copying them. This AI is not taking inspiration from Afrobull. This AI is just trained to replicate afrobull's artstyle
Are these specific characters drawn by Afrobull? If so, then you could say that it's plagiarism. On the contrary, using a way of drawing (it doesn't matter who was previously used it) is not plagiarism, it's like saying that using a writing technique is plagiarizing others who used it before.

For example, if I try to write a piece the way Arturo Pérez Reberte writes it, I would not be plagiarizing him (in fact the crime would be passing it off as the writer's original), if, on the contrary, I take a series of his articles and I write one taking fragments of them to pass it off as my writing, then it would be plagiarism.

RUVEL

Mar 23, 2020
Are these specific characters drawn by Afrobull? If so, then you could say that it's plagiarism. On the contrary, using a way of drawing (it doesn't matter who was previously used it) is not plagiarism, it's like saying that using a writing technique is plagiarizing others who used it before.

Is it so hard to understand that a machine that can replicate a person's art style in less than a week is not comparable to an artist who spends years perfecting their craft.

Also what are you even talking about? Writing styles are in fact something that can be copy righted why do you think certain font types are exclusive to certain franchises? And before you say '' I wAs TaLkInG AbOuT WrItInG TeChNiQuEs '' writing on a piece of paper and drawing is not the same thing.

Edit: Comparison of Afrobull and This games art style
WixJoq.png GA4NBXwX0AA7Mlu.jpeg

Left one is from the game Right is Afrobull's

You can go onto Afrobull's twitter and see it for yourself

Last edited:

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Is it so hard to understand that a machine that can replicate a person's art style in less than a week is not comparable to an artist who spends years perfecting their craft.

Also what are you even talking about? Writing styles are in fact something that can be copy righted why do you think certain font types are exclusive to certain franchises? And before you say '' I wAs TaLkInG AbOuT WrItInG TeChNiQuEs '' writing on a piece of paper and drawing is not the same thing.
Plus, there's that whole problem with all of these large pattern models are all 'taught' by indiscriminately scrapping content from the entire internet. That's why you can get LLM's to quote entire pages worth of copyrighted work, because all of it was just shoveled into them whole-hog. All so that some Silicon Valley Tech Bros and Venture Capitalist Ghouls can then turn around and sell it to the public (and more specifically, other investors and shareholders), a monolith to greed built on the trampled remains of millions of artists unaccredited and uncompensated work.

Man, I fucking hate this anti-human, fake futurism bullshit...

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

Edit: Comparison of Afrobull and This games art style
View attachment 3697931 View attachment 3697933

Left one is from the game Right is Afrobull's

You can go onto Afrobull's twitter and see it for yourself
Yes, it's the same style, but I'm not seeing that the fist one is one of his drawings.

Using another author's drawing technique, even if it's an AI that does it, isn't plagiarism.

And speaking of plagiarism, I guess you've noticed that almost all of his drawings refer to famous mangas and animes (which weakens your arguments quite a bit).

Subraumer

May 15, 2018
didn't play the game yet but a question nevertheless: how did you manage to get the same character with different poses? did you train a lora or is it inpainting or something else? Nuteku

Nuteku

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2019
didn't play the game yet but a question nevertheless: how did you manage to get the same character with different poses? did you train a lora or is it inpainting or something else? Nuteku
Just super detailed prompts and the character designs are simple. I haven't trained a lora though I've used a little bit of inpainting.

Reactions: Subraumer

Moesizlak

Mar 26, 2020
Plus, there's that whole problem with all of these large pattern models are all 'taught' by indiscriminately scrapping content from the entire internet. That's why you can get LLM's to quote entire pages worth of copyrighted work, because all of it was just shoveled into them whole-hog. All so that some Silicon Valley Tech Bros and Venture Capitalist Ghouls can then turn around and sell it to the public (and more specifically, other investors and shareholders), a monolith to greed built on the trampled remains of millions of artists unaccredited and uncompensated work.

Man, I fucking hate this anti-human, fake futurism bullshit...
A-Fuckin'-men it's not even real AI, it's just a more sophisticated search engine.

pydarlohjeban

Jun 10, 2017
Boy am I sick of seeing this braindead take. Even if we accept that piracy and plagiarism are morally equivalent, piracy for one's own entertainment and piracy for profit sure as hell aren't, and the latter is what's comparable.
So... we can download a game with "plagiarised art"... for free on a pirate site... Where's the profit LOL?:ROFLMAO:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Monster Tutor [v0.1.2] [Nuteku] - Compressed

Win/Linux [142 MB]
- - - -

Mac [137 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes