VN Unity Completed MoonFall / Butterfly Lovers [Final] [XIHE Animation]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

tortorus

Aug 29, 2018
well, for me this is not a game, a game without any game play is not a game, it s a ebook with picture...
Then not for me.
The story is avergage but well write, the art work are very nice but however the animations are pitiful... 1 in middle and 3 in the end, otherwise they are just pictures, very limit then for the animated tag.
no, i like a big story well write, but a game is a balance of light novel story, game play, and lewd scene... and it s terribly unbalance.

Last edited:

taler

Oct 5, 2017
well, for me this is not a game, a game without any game play is not a game, it s a ebook with picture...
Then not for me.
The story is avergage but well write, the art work are very nice but however the animations are pitiful... 1 in middle and 3 in the end, otherwise they are just pictures, very limit then for the animated tag.
no, i like a big story well write, but a game is a balance of light novel story, game play, and lewd scene... and it s terribly unbalance.
It's not called a game or a ebook, it's a "visual novel". It's a novel, told in words, with some supporting multi-media to enhance the experience. Not sure how that's confusing.

tortorus

Aug 29, 2018
It's not called a game or a ebook, it's a "visual novel". It's a novel, told in words, with some supporting multi-media to enhance the experience. Not sure how that's confusing.
Ok then vn (visual novel) are generaly with no gameplay then...? ok then vn are not games and it s really not for me.
Thanks for the answer, it s help a lot.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Ok then vn (visual novel) are generaly with no gameplay then...? ok then vn are not games and it s really not for me.
It's in the name, it's a novel. Like for book readers. Games are an entirely different medium.

Kanuli

May 1, 2017
They also often have choices which affect the outcome of the story in most cases. Some of these can branch out immensly with totally different endings, others only have a few choices, like this game here.

Reactions: superelmo

killerjeb

Not Real Killer
Donor
Aug 9, 2018
ngl, me being Chinese still dont have a clue wtf is "before the moon fell"
this game honors typemoon's fate stay night a lot. I guess the moon fall idea comes in this sense.

although the original summary doesn't mention about moonfall as a Chinese legend but instead Zhuangzi's butterfly

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Twistty

MrNTR

Jan 23, 2019
So it's a more story-based game. It's score and popularity is pretty low on VNDB but it's a Chinese game so not sure how much that means.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
The english translation is a bit meh... it's not nearly as bad as some MTL but its not good either. Its kind of like talking to a foreigner who understands all the words but does not have any actual experience with putting them together in a fluid conversation. Which is why I get the sense there was a human behind it. And for what it's worth he is trying.

The story is really good though. At least as far as I've gotten into it so far.

BunnymanGray

Jun 27, 2019
The english translation is a bit meh... it's not nearly as bad as some MTL but its not good either. Its kind of like talking to a foreigner who understands all the words but does not have any actual experience with putting them together in a fluid conversation. Which is why I get the sense there was a human behind it. And for what it's worth he is trying.

The story is really good though. At least as far as I've gotten into it so far.
I got the exact same feeling- kind of reminds me of when some of my older relatives who didn't really learn the language until their 40s/50s. Not quite the same but similar vibe. Definitely not a machine translation, you can almost always immediately tell with those but like you said the translator needs a bit more practice.

Still its fairly clear and simple to follow for the most part and as someone super familiar with both Fate and Eva I was able to figure out what bits where part of the translation was just?????

As for the work itself art is really solid, music is as well. Story isn't bad either. All in all probably a bit above average? Not amazing or anything but solid. I feel like if the authors(s) were to ever expand upon this that it'd help a ton to further expand at the status quo the two have been living as well foreshadowing the "twist" better. The interludes and the brief sections of each chapter where it goes from a third person omniscient to Haruki or Kaori's first is a nice touch that was utilized well to really get into their heads at the time.

Anyway probably like a 6?Maybe like 6.5 with a better translation out of 10.The utter lack of any kind of log or backtracking feature is sorely felt and being able to jump to individual chapters and interludes isn't much of a replacement.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
Many board games, platform and side scroller games are totally linear to, card games are all about choices. Modern open world gaming is the abnormality NOT the norm and it can be argued makes games dependent on players skills rather than characters skills so therefore getting away from escapism of real gaming. If you can lose or it has more than one possible ending it can be considered a a game. Gaming and storytelling are not mutually exclusive. I wasn't a fan of VN for a long time but once I got over my bias have come to appreciate genre. In the end does label matter about definition or if we have fun, relax, escape for a while or just see a different point of view?

EDIT: Sadly while a lot of great VN there is a lot of rubbish with terrible translations like this one and a strange obsession in Japanese VN with inexperienced flawed MC's with serious personality and social issues.

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes