joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Thanks I'll look into that & enjoy :)
I'm sad... There is no overwrite of files caused by unren and I've replayed the game straight from the zip without any modification and the file contained in s3.rpa, s4.rpa and s6.rpa are used and so it's in 281p.
So you have to redo these pâckages with the correct video

interblade

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
I'm sad... There is no overwrite of files caused by unren and I've replayed the game straight from the zip without any modification and the file contained in s3.rpa, s4.rpa and s6.rpa are used and so it's in 281p.
So you have to redo these pâckages with the correct video
I found the problem.
I made a new export for S3
Deleted all the duplicates in S6

But I can no longer find the higher quality S4 movies. So I've added those to my backlog.

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Yes I already said that.. those I could not find and are added to the backlog
Sorry guy, but I have found 1 bug (I think)
You have effectively replaced the old s3\s3_awam.webm by a new, but it's shorter than previous.
Additionaly, you have added s3\awambm002.webm which is similar to the s3\s3_awam.webm but it's not used in any script...

And 18 typos, 1 Dylan shorted in 19, 2 misnamed Dylan and not replaced by mcname in 20 and 21, 1 misplaced video (traceback1) and 1 missing, see traceback

And I've not finished the game. I'm at the beginning with Ellie.

Sorry to give so much work, but it's for the good

Last edited:
Reactions: interblade

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Motel: A Son and Brother Story [v2.7] [Interbladecard]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

Rzrc7

Mar 14, 2022
Made an incest patch
version: [v2.7]
feature: It changes the characters info. mc refer to Sophia as Mom, Ellie - sister. Sidestory's mc, Bob, refer to Monica as Mom
install: Unzip inside the "game" folder.

notes:
This patch should work with future versions(unless the dev changes the code), may(or not) require an update for new content.
I might have missed something, let me know if you see it(preferably with a description of the scene and line text, a screenshot would also help).
Cam you give me 2.6.6 patch pls??

interblade

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Sorry guy, but I have found 1 bug (I think)
You have effectively replaced the old s3\s3_awam.webm by a new, but it's shorter than previous.
Additionaly, you have added s3\awambm002.webm which is similar to the s3\s3_awam.webm but it's not used in any script...

And 18 typos, 1 Dylan shorted in 19, 2 misnamed Dylan and not replaced by mcname in 20 and 21, 1 misplaced video (traceback1) and 1 missing, see traceback

And I've not finished the game. I'm at the beginning with Ellie.

Sorry to give so much work, but it's for the good
Thanks will add it to the next update

Reactions: athreusclouds

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
And is it worthy of a review re-do
not really.
I did a new playthrough, and i appreciate the ability to change MC's name. But this was not part of the review. I just mentionned it there, so of course i edited my review and took all renaming aspects out of there.

Aside that, nothing changed. There are still 2000+ sayers defined, which will cause trouble later in game. The code itself and the way of coding (aside possible renaming) is still the same "mess".

The main review aspects were the medium renders and the average writing, hence i rated it 3 stars, which it deserves. It's still not the very best game, but also not 1 star like others have reviewed. I still think my review is fair.

Nevertheless i really appreciate the fact, that it's possible to rename the MC, but renaming feature is nothing about to change a review rating. There are other facts to take into count for that.

interblade

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
not really.
I did a new playthrough, and i appreciate the ability to change MC's name. But this was not part of the review. I just mentionned it there, so of course i edited my review and took all renaming aspects out of there.

Aside that, nothing changed. There are still 2000+ sayers defined, which will cause trouble later in game. The code itself and the way of coding (aside possible renaming) is still the same "mess".

The main review aspects were the medium renders and the average writing, hence i rated it 3 stars, which it deserves. It's still not the very best game, but also not 1 star like others have reviewed. I still think my review is fair.

Nevertheless i really appreciate the fact, that it's possible to rename the MC, but renaming feature is nothing about to change a review rating. There are other facts to take into count for that.
Ok, well thanks anyway

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
You want to play the 2.7.0 version without typos (minus 1, it's hard coded), with i-patch completely working and with no more exceptions due to the absence of the videos, you have it :cool:.

Unzip to the game folder and overwrite the old files. No need to backup files overwritten, it's provided in the zip.

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 17 Votes