4.20 star(s) 34 Votes

El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019
While a lot of people are asking how to avoid (for what:sneaky:?) a trans character I'd like to ask when the MC will meet her, Eisley and the other characters he left in another state again, as far as I understand. By the way, your slang in VN is quite complex for a non-English speaker, but I rather put that in the plus column, life is a teaching after all. Congratulations on a good start, by the way(y)
Seems to be working fine for me.
View attachment 2879999

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I'd like to ask when the MC will meet her, Eisley and the other characters he left in another state again, as far as I understand.
Ivy attends the same school as MC. After MC gets settled in, Eisley will call him and after some talking, MC will offer to let her stay with him. Which is optional, of course.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
mtce02_7-25-23.jpg
Copy-pasta from .​

So, I'm just kind of writing as I go here, but you might want to grab your caffeine or drug of choice as this'll probably be a fairly long, at least enough for a cup (or line). It's been a busy couple of weeks. That's without including the pretty major UI updates (of which, Patreons decided not to see updates on.).

Before I start, I do want to thank (The Last Oasis Before Chasity) and UncleNanard for some pointers on the aforementioned UI. Make sure you check out her VN! (not sure if UncleNanard has a game to link, so apologies if there is one. Not finding it, though.)

MTCCupdates - Copy.png

All right. . .there's a bit going on here. Apologies if it comes off a bit discombobulated, but reference what I said in the first paragraph. There's a bit to go through here. I'll start with the renders, or lack thereof, I suppose. Hence smaller number of preview images than normal.

- As of right now, we're sitting at 206 renders and the 207th is currently rendering. I know it doesn't seem like a huge jump. But part of it was the 3080 (more on that next) just not being able to keep up speed-wise, the other part is just having a busy work week (+the previous post about the PSU). Which is partially why I've mentioned that Episode 2 might end up being a bit smaller that Episode 1. But we'll see where I land as the update nears and go from there.

- Thanks to a (very) generous Patreon, I was able to upgrade to a 4090 far faster than I expected. So, renders/animations/etc. should all speed up significantly. I don't know if he wanted me to mention him by name/username or not, so I'll refrain for now (I'll probably ask and edit here.). I do want to clarify that all support is very much appreciated, but felt like this Patreon specifically deserved a shoutout.

- For people who were curious about what ended up happening with the PSU situation. The original was DOA. The replacement, however, acted the same. Plugged the essentials in (8-pin/24-pin), flipped the switch, and still no signs of life beyond a red light on the GPU. The only things that weren't plugged in at that point were the hubs for the fans/AIO. Plugged those in and it booted right up. No issues. Go figure, tearing my hair out trying to troubleshoot and it ended up being the one thing I thought was fine to leave unplugged until I was done.

- Circling back to the 4090, though, it is significantly faster. 40-60% on most of my renders so far, all of which are in 4K. Going from 10GB to 24GB of VRAM is the gamechanger for me. Better/bigger environments, more figures in renders, and even sprinkling in some G9. But the one place it'll help a ton is during the games/practices, where there needs to be visible bodies out there. Autofitting the uniforms to a bunch of G2/G3 figures should be far easier now, and quite a lot quicker than spot rendering all of the extras in.

- I've seen people pointing out darker images. While they look fine on my monitor, not all of them are made equal. So, along with the trans content choice being added to the beginning, I'll be adding a choice for brighter images in darker scenes (which aren't many. Shouldn't only take a half-hour, tops.).

- I've also caught some bugs that either slipped by or went unreported. Some I couldn't recreate, but many were appeared to be fixed via the UI update. (Thanks to Michelangelo da Mouso). I'll also use this to thank DuckDairyDip for a massive list of typos/suggestions (that I still need to get through.).

Anyways:
s01e02_todo_v2.png

I'll keep it short, since Patreon's voted against the UI/gallery updates, but I'll still say where I'm at. Glossary is completed, UI, imagebutton, and all. Words are linked to their own individual screens in the text box, as well.

The base of the gallery is basically finished, lewd scenes and the animations by themselves are added. The CG gallery still needs a few characters added (+ adjustments to characters with upcoming changes, more below.)

Imagebutton and UI overhaul are nearly done themselves. Have a few more to add + preparing for future additions. Still need to lower the quality of the main menu as it's driving up CPU usage. Likely down to 1440 native.

MTCLIs.jpg

So, the beginning of the 'upcoming changes'. Putting it bluntly, I'll be removing a couple LIs and be adding one. As it stands there's too many LIs. Removing them as LIs won't eliminate them as flings, but they'll (for now) be taken out. Which doesn't mean a ton as they're yet to show up (sans one for a just a couple renders.)

HazelGone.png LydiaGone.png NoemiGone.png

So, Hazel, Lydia, and Noemi will be removed for now. Lydia, just because she feels unnecessary. The other two were just because I could find a good way to write them in. Maybe it's writers block, or maybe not. I don't know. But I've tried multiple times and I've come up dry. I can't keep wasting time on something that just simply isn't coming.

This brings the total down to 13 (for now), as Kelsey and Nicole should be treated as one LI. There'll be random/one-time flings, but we'll cross that road when we come to it (slightly more below). As for the character being added? I'll share a render for now, more will come later.

KayaAdd.png
MTCnext.png

- Writing Changes. I'm not rewriting the story or anything. What I'm referring to is some of the jokes being cracked throughout the VN. This isn't me, as I've said before, bending the knee to sensitive people. It has more to do with Steam's rules against 'hate speech'. So, instead, I'll be reversing the patch. All the "offensive" content will be added as a "Politically Incorrect Patch" to restore said content for anyone who wants it.

- I'm not sure if it'll be introduced in Episode 2, but I'll be preparing for a something of a small 'stats' system. A 1 through 10, for each, I'm thinking. Stuff like Strength, Studying/intelligence (football, not educational), mental health, etc. May or may not play a big role. It'll play a role, just not sure how big of one yet.

- Something of a one-night-stand/Tinder-type social media app. Certain points of the story will come with free time where you can read messages/requests from girls (female to start, at least.) or clout chaser looking for the hot new thing to post on social media. Some might have repeatable events, but mostly one-time flings. Completely optional, no harm one way or the other. This'll probably come a bit later. Still more in the 'planned' stage.

- Coming with the UI overhaul in the new update will be something of a little tutorial to that covers all the menus and more buried sub-menus. Will be found on the settings/preferences page.

I think that about covers most of what I had in mind. There's some, as usual, preview renders uploaded above (or below, depending on the platform this is copy-pasted to.)
mfsig2.png

mcphoto47.png mcmlo7.png

mcphoto16.png mcphoto37.png

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
- Thanks to a (very) generous Patreon, I was able to upgrade to a 4090 far faster than I expected. So, renders/animations/etc. should all speed up significantly. I don't know if he wanted me to mention him by name/username or not, so I'll refrain for now (I'll probably ask and edit here.). I do want to clarify that all support is very much appreciated, but felt like this Patreon specifically deserved a shoutout.
Send to this person my gratitude and my love too

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
- As of right now, we're sitting at 206 renders and the 207th is currently rendering. I know it doesn't seem like a huge jump.
It's okay, we know about all the problems that arose, also Chapter 2 doesn't need to introduce as many characters as the first one so maybe 500-600 renders will be enough to continue the story (I hope) :D.
- Thanks to a (very) generous Patreon, I was able to upgrade to a 4090 far faster than I expected. So, renders/animations/etc. should all speed up significantly.
As Lipe said, thanks a lot to this person (I'm straight so no my love, yes many hugs :KEK:).
- Circling back to the 4090, though, it is significantly faster. 40-60% on most of my renders so far, all of which are in 4K. Going from 10GB to 24GB of VRAM is the gamechanger for me. Better/bigger environments, more figures in renders, and even sprinkling in some G9.
I ask from pure ignorance, if my monitor is 1080p and I try to play something that is at 4K what happens? does the game automatically rescale to 1080? Hopefully I can keep playing, the previous episode worked very well for me except for the rare lag bugs in some dialogs (very few) :HideThePain:.
- I've seen people pointing out darker images. While they look fine on my monitor, not all of them are made equal. So, along with the trans content choice being added to the beginning, I'll be adding a choice for brighter images in darker scenes (which aren't many. Shouldn't only take a half-hour, tops.).
I had this happen to me in the pool scenes at night, I solved it by manually increasing the brightness of my monitor (y).
Still need to lower the quality of the main menu as it's driving up CPU usage. Likely down to 1440 native.
I just hope the music and the dog of the main menu will stay.
So, the beginning of the 'upcoming changes'. Putting it bluntly, I'll be removing a couple LIs and be adding one. As it stands there's too many LIs. Removing them as LIs won't eliminate them as flings, but they'll (for now) be taken out. Which doesn't mean a ton as they're yet to show up (sans one for a just a couple renders.)

View attachment 2883312

So, Hazel, Lydia, and Noemi will be removed for now. Lydia, just because she feels unnecessary. The other two were just because I could find a good way to write them in. Maybe it's writers block, or maybe not. I don't know. But I've tried multiple times and I've come up dry. I can't keep wasting time on something that just simply isn't coming.
This is the most devastating and saddest news to me, after the attorney, Hazel was the one that most caught my attention, you know the typical studious girl who is not interested in the world of football and goes to college to study for real. Plus she was the only redhead in the game right? Huge LI loss, one of those sacks that takes away 15 yards in the 3rd down :cry:.
Well, nothing can be done against the curse of the writer's block, there will always be other redheads in other VNs :rolleyes:(y).
- I'm not sure if it'll be introduced in Episode 2, but I'll be preparing for a something of a small 'stats' system. A 1 through 10, for each, I'm thinking. Stuff like Strength, Studying/intelligence (football, not educational), mental health, etc. May or may not play a big role. It'll play a role, just not sure how big of one yet.
As a lover of rpgs games (full of stats) this interests me a lot :PogChamp:, although it looks like it will be stats only for games/matches and not for the relationships. If implemented my humble suggestion would be to make it impossible to be perfect in everything, for example someone who reaches 10 strength (the maximum) has to sacrifice in other things.
- Something of a one-night-stand/Tinder-type social media app. Certain points of the story will come with free time where you can read messages/requests from girls (female to start, at least.) or clout chaser looking for the hot new thing to post on social media. Some might have repeatable events, but mostly one-time flings. Completely optional, no harm one way or the other. This'll probably come a bit later. Still more in the 'planned' stage.
I like this too but it will be a lot of work to implement. Now I don't remember if this game will be permissive with having a harem or will punish severely if you are caught cheating :unsure:.
Finally I remember you didn't like the MC's hairstyle. The end result is quite a youthful cut, My hair grow that way but with more curls if I leave it long, I like it :4Head:.

Reactions: wiseold6996

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I ask from pure ignorance, if my monitor is 1080p and I try to play something that is at 4K what happens? does the game automatically rescale to 1080? Hopefully I can keep playing, the previous episode worked very well for me except for the rare lag bugs in some dialogs (very few) :HideThePain:.
By the time other people (short of promotional/preview renders) see the renders in a game format, they're downscaled to 1080p. Rendering in 4K keeps the detail of the renders after I scale them down in postwork (Photoshop), also tends to help hide noise at times (though I still use a denoiser where necessary.

I had this happen to me in the pool scenes at night, I solved it by manually increasing the brightness of my monitor (y).
Not sure how they'll look brightened up on every monitor, but giving the option at least allows people to see better.

I just hope the music and the dog of the main menu will stay.
Nothing's changing but the quality. Assuming I don't break something. :LOL:

This is the most devastating and saddest news to me, after the attorney, Hazel was the one that most caught my attention, you know the typical studious girl who is not interested in the world of football and goes to college to study for real. Plus she was the only redhead in the game right? Huge LI loss, one of those sacks that takes away 15 yards in the 3rd down :cry:.
Well, nothing can be done against the curse of the writer's block, there will always be other redheads in other VNs :rolleyes:(y).
It wasn't for lack of trying, at least. It was a character that I did want to make work as she was largely different from the cast itself. Since she hasn't shown up yet, it's always possible to bring her back in if something does come. No guarantees, though.

As a lover of rpgs games (full of stats) this interests me a lot :PogChamp:, although it looks like it will be stats only for games/matches and not for the relationships. If implemented my humble suggestion would be to make it impossible to be perfect in everything, for example someone who reaches 10 strength (the maximum) has to sacrifice in other things.
This was the idea. Still a bit of a WIP, but I'll have something more soon.

I like this too but it will be a lot of work to implement. Now I don't remember if this game will be permissive with having a harem or will punish severely if you are caught cheating :unsure:
Not really a ton of work, just animating a couple scenes every couple of updates. It's nothing extensive, just some fun. I won't say anything more, though. :p

Finally I remember you didn't like the MC's hairstyle. The end result is quite a youthful cut, My hair grow that way but with more curls if I leave it long, I like it :4Head:.
It's been the same hairstyle. Just didn't see it a ton in Episode 1. Still haven't found anything I've like in the way of male hairs for Daz that don't need dForce for every new pose. dForce is much faster with a 4090, but still a bit of a time waster as far as scene prep goes.

will MC get to be bottom
Possibly. If I do, it'll most likely only be on the Ivy solo path.

Cameo

Oct 2, 2017
idk if it was pointed out already, but if you zoom on the picture during a chat with Eisley and keep clicking without closing it via button, next scene will continue going with a zoomed picture, which will overlap the scene ( it probably should automatically close once you click on the screen not only the button) MissFortune

Reactions: MissFortune

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
idk if it was pointed out already, but if you zoom on the picture during a chat with Eisley and keep clicking without closing it via button, next scene will continue going with a zoomed picture, which will overlap the scene ( it probably should automatically close once you click on the screen not only the button) MissFortune
No, it wasn't. I suppose I could either add a modal or just make the entire screen an exit button and just click to exist. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Reactions: Cameo

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I don't usually respond to reviews as I usually find them rather worthless as most are usually three sentences about some fetish they disliked (and to that effect, I couldn't really give less of a fuck about star ratings), but. . . FXFTF , 'physiology' has little to do with what you're criticizing. Physiology and Facial Expressions (the word you're actually looking for) only really exist within the spectrum of trying to understand/read someone's feelings either via said expressions or micro expressions. And to that point, it's more rooted within psychology.

But it has a big weakness, the characters don't have physiology! That is, the total number of different facial expressions of a person is not more than 2, this makes the characters very soulless
There's a lot of data suggesting that facial expressions aren't as accurate people understand them to be. There's far too much variety from person to person for facial movements to have universal meanings for every single person. Maybe your views of Daz characters have warped what you think actual expressions look like, but human expressions are quite subtle. Watch a random scene from a . How many unique expressions do you realistically see? Two? Three? Humans are far less expressive than you (and Daz expressions sliders) make them out to be.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
I don't usually respond to reviews as I usually find them rather worthless as most are usually three sentences about some fetish they disliked (and to that effect, I couldn't really give less of a fuck about star ratings), but. . . FXFTF , 'physiology' has little to do with what you're criticizing. Physiology and Facial Expressions (the word you're actually looking for) only really exist within the spectrum of trying to understand/read someone's feelings either via said expressions or micro expressions. And to that point, it's more rooted within psychology.

There's a lot of data suggesting that facial expressions aren't as accurate people understand them to be. There's far too much variety from person to person for facial movements to have universal meanings for every single person. Maybe your views of Daz characters have warped what you think actual expressions look like, but human expressions are quite subtle. Watch a random scene from a . How many unique expressions do you realistically see? Two? Three? Humans are far less expressive than you (and Daz expressions sliders) make them out to be.
Sorry, my English is not strong

I don't know people, but I can really understand the emotions and thoughts of that person from their facial expressions.

But even if we say that I also make this mistake and facial expressions do not tell the reality of feelings and thoughts, imagine what would happen if the video above was without facial expressions? Not being human anymore, being a series of emotionless artificial intelligence that moves forward with a fixed facial expression, even thinking about it makes this very attractive short scene in the above video become a very boring scene.

It means that many and complex facial expressions have a great effect on the level of enjoyment, for example the facial expressions of Summer's Gone and AOA Academy (if it is illegal to write the names of other games here, tell me so that I can edit them)

I say again that your game is great in every way, I just wish it had many facial expressions so that the girls would feel more alive and have the pleasure I mentioned above.

4.20 star(s) 34 Votes