Mr.Dots New Game, Sunshine Love Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
IMO maybe it's play age thing, but thick hips and a overly plump (fat) ass just doesn't do it for me. I hope Mr.Dots has not jumped on the thick girl band wagon that leaves you needing to beer goggle to be remotely attracted to the girls.
Then you skip Apocalust?
Oh boy, that babe is smoking HOT!!
Can't wait for March's release!
Don't worry February and DMD will help you.

Sharper

Sep 6, 2017
Showing the face of MC and the new roommate-landlord theme makes me hyped.

But! I hope he won't ruin it like other devs and create 3-4 roommate and every one of them has 1-2 hot friends etc... and at the end, we have 10 main girl characters, nobody gets a good content but strangely ended up pregnant and finish the game...

1 landlord 1 roommate is enough to create a deep story and satisfying content. The more it gets, the more unrealistic story and unnecessary effort for him.

Enough

Oct 11, 2018
But! I hope he won't ruin it like other devs and create 3-4 roommate and every one of them has 1-2 hot friends etc... and at the end, we have 10 main girl characters, nobody gets a good content but strangely ended up pregnant and finish the game...
For new developer it would be true, but Mr Dots recently finished Melody, and his DmD is huge in content (and still being updated). I think last thing we should be afraid is lack of content or abandoning project too soon.

I would rather to see more real game mechanics this time, maybe even truesome sort of sand box.

Somnus

Oct 12, 2017
The sister is not as cute as Melody or D. Still, she's hot and pretty. I'm in.

Honestly, I have high expectations due to my sibling incest fetish and Mr Dots' team writing. Hopefully animations will get better and more smooth.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I really don't have an issue with her fat ass, I actually like big butts. And from any other developer she would be fine. But Mr Dots signature style is the younger, shorter, late teens female lead characters. Take D out of DMD and it's really just an ordinary game, she is the one who makes it extra ordinary. Same with Melody. This new girl looks like a stock standard late 20's woman, and making her the sister doesn't increase the hotness factor.

Also with the male lead being third person and younger male, it is a big change in direction. I really prefer the older, more mature mentor type character that we were in Melody. I'm not looking forward to playing yet another dumbass perverted immature naive kid.

The game doesn't look bad, I'll certainly give it a try. But so far I have zero excitement for it, I'm filled with an over abundance of meh.

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
I really don't have an issue with her fat ass, I actually like big butts. And from any other developer she would be fine. But Mr Dots signature style is the younger, shorter, late teens female lead characters. Take D out of DMD and it's really just an ordinary game, she is the one who makes it extra ordinary. Same with Melody. This new girl looks like a stock standard late 20's woman, and making her the sister doesn't increase the hotness factor.

Also with the male lead being third person and younger male, it is a big change in direction. I really prefer the older, more mature mentor type character that we were in Melody. I'm not looking forward to playing yet another dumbass perverted immature naive kid.

The game doesn't look bad, I'll certainly give it a try. But so far I have zero excitement for it, I'm filled with an over abundance of meh.
So in other words, you want the dev to make the same kind of game over and over again?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I loved Melody but I can't say i'm on board with this one yet.

Seen far too many incest games to get excited about them now, if it does something different I will give it a look but just going by what was said there it sounds like incest game number 38749.

Seems like they have taken the safe option. I'm just a bit burnt out from incest, I get excited for new things and after Melody I expected a team like that to go bigger and better and take some chances but I was wrong. Bit disappointing but it's the popular thing so can't blame them.

Not all games are for eveyone so probably isn't going to be my thing.

I wish them luck though.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I loved Melody but I can't say i'm on board with this one yet.

Seen far too many incest games to get excited about them now, if it does something different I will give it a look but just going by what was said there it sounds like incest game number 38749.

Seems like they have taken the safe option. I'm just a bit burnt out from incest, I get excited for new things and after Melody I expected a team like that to go bigger and better and take some chances but I was wrong. Bit disappointing but it's the popular thing so can't blame them.

Not all games are for eveyone so probably isn't going to be my thing.

I wish them luck though.
From Jeff Steel (one of the writers) there will be incest and non-incest plots, unless im misunderstanding this post. I think it implies there will be different plots based on whether or not you use the patch.
The new game will have an incest element - I Presume it will be via patch like so many others, allowing the game to be on Patreon. I rather like how we are running the dialogue-Plot lines of the “incest/non-incest” plots.

Last edited:

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Their writing team isn't going to make the MC the standard " dumbass perverted immature naive kid. " Their standards are higher than that and they actually have talent.
Let's hope so. I like games like Flirty F so I'm not going to write this new game off.

So in other words, you want the dev to make the same kind of game over and over again?
If you think DMD and Melody are the "same game" then i don't know what to tell you.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
I hope for once he picks a normal sized main LI... Melody was a huge step up from Dee... but still half the size of the MC... We need a Georgina, Amy, Izzy as the main LI this time, leave the "shorties" as the side piece this time... Also leave the flat chested ones on the back burner... Sophie was a huge step up from Jennifer and Elena, but still...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: botc76

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
yeah??
what´t would be so risky about that??
Instead having a dick the Mc has Boobs and a Pussy and instead of a male name she will have a female name thats all the game would be the same kind of.
just reversed genders
The problems arise in a two-fold manner for many...

1. Most people would try to take a femMC in a pure lesbian route as they feel "protective of their daughter"... and will eventually get bored of all the non-penetrative sex... and NO dildos/strap-on dont count !!

2. The male model pool is shallow as all hell... honestly I just went through all 38 pages of Genesis 8 male models, and found maybe 3 that were attractive, most were god awful !!... so filling a roster of male LI for a femMC to harem will be tough.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I hope for once he picks a normal sized main LI... Melody was a huge step up from Dee... but still half the size of the MC... We need a Georgina, Amy, Izzy as the main LI this time, leave the "shorties" as the side piece this time... Also leave the flat chested ones on the back burner... Sophie was a huge step up from Jennifer and Elena, but still...
Imo, out of the top developers, MDots has more petite to loli style models than any of them. Therefore, his fan base (including me) will be expecting something of that among the model choices.

The main LI will be the girl previewed, with adjustments after My-Hearsz-Patrons-Discord Fan inputs adjust Her.

We have a more complex backstory than in Melody. We have an external plot driver, similar but different to the modeling and music drivers (lol no quizzes expected).

The MC and LI are - if I have my calculations correct - 26/27 and 24 respectively. Given my age and looking at the. And comparing them with the mid-twenties people I deal with, the renders for the two can easily fit their ages. The other bonus is we’ve put the main characters close in age to each other as we are not looking toward a “teacher/custodian - student/youth” dynamic with them.

As for the non-central female characters we are looking for them to have their own orbits of life and influence separate from the main focus, to give a more immersive feel in their own right.

Finally, I still expect we will be primarily First Person POV.

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Watcher X is correct in that D makes DMD. D is the reason I even tried the VN. Looking at this new girl she is lack luster at best.

The Mr.Dots is very creative and strives to elevate their games to literature quality stories. While I had some reservations about Melody the idea of an aspiring singer and her tutor was unique and had a well developed plot and cast of characters. DMD took the old incest standby in adult VNs (and HBO series) and with excellent writing and designed visually superior characters made the game the hit it has become.

IMO honestly we need another brother+sister+mother game like a case of the flu.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That's appears to usually be the case. If you like D then you're meh on Elena, but if you like Elena then you're not hot on D.

Status
Not open for further replies.