Fan Art Ms.Denvers Fan Art Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

redle

Apr 12, 2017
You actually provided some excellent knowledge I have been trying to find information on. For example, the base resolution issue. No doubt this is to detour people from using this method to share the highest quality characters.

This is just a simple way to share morphs without some of the troublesome aspects. As you pointed out, there are still problems with this method. I do use this method to share items. In particular, when sharing with a collaborator to work on the same character. It allows the user to package items in the same way a PA would. Saves a lot of effort and time when attempting to organize and place the files in the folder structure. It would be fantastic if we used that feature alone. Hell, if Daz PAs would actually follow the folder structure, that would be amazing. ;)

You do have to include more files, making the overall size much larger than sharing a simple .duf. And you can install these files using DIM, which is an advantage. I am not a content creator. I am more of a content user and editor. I lack the skill and knowledge to create a character from scratch. At this point in my learning, I find great value in sharing files and learning how someone else has done something. I almost always learn something new.

BTW, it has nothing to do with "entitlement." There is no expectation on my part. Simply a hope that we can work together to share creations and learn from each other. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your card. I hope it is resolved quickly and painlessly. Cheers!
I'll add that creating that single morph file (with morph data attached) changes the file share from legal to piracy. A .duf stores which morphs to use and at what values. These are things that the end-user chooses and so they are free to share or not share this data. It is all their data. Other people wanting to use these morphs still need to purchase said morphs, figures, and objects. The morph file on the other hand is taking various product data (as in externally created and sold products) and repackaging portions of it into a new file.

Basically creating the morph data file and sharing it is roughly-legally-equivalent to purchasing all products from daz (or whomever) whose morphs are being used and then redistributing all of those products yourself. Only parts of each product are actually being redistributed but it is still sharing data that is not theirs to share and they did not create.

Disclaimer: I realize what site this is. I'm not suggesting do or do not do. I'm simply sharing information.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I'll add that creating that single morph file (with morph data attached) changes the file share from legal to piracy. A .duf stores which morphs to use and at what values. These are things that the end-user chooses and so they are free to share or not share this data. It is all their data. Other people wanting to use these morphs still need to purchase said morphs, figures, and objects. The morph file on the other hand is taking various product data (as in externally created and sold products) and repackaging portions of it into a new file.

Basically creating the morph data file and sharing it is roughly-legally-equivalent to purchasing all products from daz (or whomever) whose morphs are being used and then redistributing all of those products yourself. Only parts of each product are actually being redistributed but it is still sharing data that is not theirs to share and they did not create.

Disclaimer: I realize what site this is. I'm not suggesting do or do not do. I'm simply sharing information.
I think we are not on the same page here. All three of us are talking about different things. For instance, if I take a character that is heavily morphed and then export it as an .obj, then import it back into DAZ as a self contined morph using Morph Loader Pro then It might fall into a gray area. This morph is self contained and has no other morphs (commercial or not) included. It is very different than creating a control morph (also a single slider) that actually moves the dials of the all the other morphs you have used in your character.

The advantage to a control morph is that it can be used to 'control' HD morphs as well as base resolution morphs. The imported morph can only be at base resolution using built in DAZ tools. The advantage of the imported Morph Loader Pro morph is that you cannot prove by any measure which commercial or free morphs were used to create it in the first place, and the recipient of the morph does not need an entire library of morphs to recreate the character.

As an example, I will include morphs for Nicole. It isn't the entire character, it is not a .duf file. It doesn't contain any copyrighted materials in the .zip file. It is only Nicole's shape when applied to a Genesis 8 or Genesis 8.1 base character. You still have to provide the correct character textures and hair assets to make it Nicole. What if I told you that I created these morphs without the use of any other product other than what is included in DAZ. What if I said that I did not use the .duf provided in this thread as a starting point. Even if you don't believe me, could you prove that I am not telling the truth? This clearly falls outside of your definition of pirating, as no links ever existed or remain to any copyrighted materials.

PS. I even made it easy for you to use, as I put it in a DIM compatible .zip file. The morphs can be found in the category Actor/People/Fan Art/Ms Denvers. There are three morphs in total, a full body morph, a full head morph and an optional control morph that will set the first two morphs to 100% when this one is at 100%, automagically.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Nurikabe

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I think we are not on the same page here. All three of us are talking about different things. For instance, if I take a character that is heavily morphed and then export it as an .obj, then import it back into DAZ as a self contined morph using Morph Loader Pro then It might fall into a gray area. This morph is self contained and has no other morphs (commercial or not) included. It is very different than creating a control morph (also a single slider) that actually moves the dials of the all the other morphs you have used in your character.

The advantage to a control morph is that it can be used to 'control' HD morphs as well as base resolution morphs. The imported morph can only be at base resolution using built in DAZ tools. The advantage of the imported Morph Loader Pro morph is that you cannot prove by any measure which commercial or free morphs were used to create it in the first place, and the recipient of the morph does not need an entire library of morphs to recreate the character.

As an example, I will include morphs for Nicole. It isn't the entire character, it is not a .duf file. It doesn't contain any copyrighted materials in the .zip file. It is only Nicole's shape when applied to a Genesis 8 or Genesis 8.1 base character. You still have to provide the correct character textures and hair assets to make it Nicole. What if I told you that I created these morphs without the use of any other product other than what is included in DAZ. What if I said that I did not use the .duf provided in this thread as a starting point. Even if you don't believe me, could you prove that I am not telling the truth? This clearly falls outside of your definition of pirating, as no links ever existed or remain to any copyrighted materials.

PS. I even made it easy for you to use, as I put it in a DIM compatible .zip file. The morphs can be found in the category Actor/People/Fan Art/Ms Denvers. There are three morphs in total, a full body morph, a full head morph and an optional control morph that will set the first two morphs to 100% when this one is at 100%, automagically.
I sincerely thank you for doing that. And for sticking with me in the discussion.
Often, a person who puts a lot of work into creating (or recreating) a character is not willing to share the files or even the process. I do not fault anyone for choosing not to share. It is their work and their right to do so. But for those who do share, and go several steps further and teach in the process, I am grateful and blown away at their generosity. Thank you for going above and beyond to help me and others who wish to learn or celebrate their favorite art.

I learn quite a bit from each of your posts and from analyzing the files you share. I can't wait to get into this file and see what you've done and what I can do with it! I sincerely thank you!

Sharing materials can be a confusing endeavor. The good news is that Daz does support sharing and learning from each other. The EULA and other agreements restrict the use of certain products in regard to financial gain or claiming a product as one's own creation (copyright). But sharing, especially in the 3D community, is generally looked upon favorably. When we package files that use pieces of other copyrighted works, it can create a gray area of operations. In general, I purchase any required products for my own use. If a .duf requires a product (morph, hair asset, etc.) I feel it is only right to reward those artists and creators for their work. I'm not one to force my morality on others, but would certainly encourage others to do the same, from one creator to another.

redle

Apr 12, 2017

It is certainly possible I misunderstood the conversation. I did not follow the links in the request. I just interpreted the conversation including comments about import/export causing loss of HD.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
It is certainly possible I misunderstood the conversation. I did not follow the links in the request. I just interpreted the conversation including comments about import/export causing loss of HD.

Moving on:

With respect to this discussion about Ms Denvers Fan Art. As long as Pop Doggy does not include the actual morphs and textures with the .duf files he has graciously provided and, as long as I do the same, we should be able to freely distribute either a .duf (character) or a .dsf (morph) of said character.

In my case personally, I have multiple DAZ libraries (there is no practical limit to the number of libraries you can have) I keep one without hair, clothing, environments, props, etc., only characters and character morphs. I use that library to take a .duf and make a single character morph out of it. Then I move that morph to a library that has a limited number of characters (for textures), all environments, all props, all clothing, all hair, and so on, to create my fan art renders. I much prefer using a single morph than having to have hundreds of morphs loaded everytime I load a DAZ character.

• Red Heart

Pop Doggy

Beauty maker
Game Developer
May 19, 2018

Moving on:

With respect to this discussion about Ms Denvers Fan Art. As long as Pop Doggy does not include the actual morphs and textures with the .duf files he has graciously provided and, as long as I do the same, we should be able to freely distribute either a .duf (character) or a .dsf (morph) of said character.

In my case personally, I have multiple DAZ libraries (there is no practical limit to the number of libraries you can have) I keep one without hair, clothing, environments, props, etc., only characters and character morphs. I use that library to take a .duf and make a single character morph out of it. Then I move that morph to a library that has a limited number of characters (for textures), all environments, all props, all clothing, all hair, and so on, to create my fan art renders. I much prefer using a single morph than having to have hundreds of morphs loaded everytime I load a DAZ character.
what?

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021

Moving on:

I apologize for not using the proper terms. But I'll try to ask a comprehensible question.

These separate libraries, are they duplicate runtimes? Or are they just separated in the database?
How do you, for example, sort out just the character files and morphs and include them in their own library?

I apologize for using this forum for educational purposes. ;)

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I apologize for not using the proper terms. But I'll try to ask a comprehensible question.

These separate libraries, are they duplicate runtimes? Or are they just separated in the database?
How do you, for example, sort out just the character files and morphs and include them in their own library?

I apologize for using this forum for educational purposes. ;)
Separate complete libraries. I only use DIM on one library (characters, morphs). My Fan Art library (clothes, poses, expressions, hair, environments, vehicles, HDRI's, etc) is manually installed. You have to let DIM know about each library and then from within DAZ you can switch between libraries using directory manager. DIM can handle multiple libraries, I just don't use that feature.

So technically not duplicate runtimes, because they have different items installed in each library

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
ok so i downloaded the assets and can load the morph it seems but what are the skin assets used? if this has been mentioned then i appologize. i have been looking and not finding where is was mentioned unless it was the musso albaney skin.
It also looks like from the asset pack the wanda.duf has hd nipples. i tried appling a random skin texture and the hd nipples stayed white. not really sure what to do about them. any advice would be appreciated.
thanks

Last edited:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
ok so i downloaded the assets and can load the morph it seems but what are the skin assets used? if this has been mentioned then i appologize. i have been looking and not finding where is was mentioned unless it was the musso albaney skin.
It also looks like from the asset pack the wanda.duf has hd nipples. i tried appling a random skin texture and the hd nipples stayed white. not really sure what to do about them. any advice would be appreciated.
thanks
You can skip the HD nipple but the skin tones I use are from the Raquel character

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes