Fan Art Ms.Denvers Fan Art Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Just thought I would throw in something I learned a long time ago about some of the DAZ render settings.

Max Time and Max Samples are settings that will terminate your render when one is reached first. In the image posted above:
  • If it takes 5000 seconds to render 100 iterations, it just stops rendering. It will also ignore your iteration and convergence setting.
  • If it reaches 7200 iterations in less that 5000 seconds it will stop the render, again regardless of the other two settings.
  • If it reaches 95% converged before 7200 iterations or 5000 seconds it will stop rendering.
My understanding on convergence is it is looking for the number of pixels that did not change from iteration to iteration within some sliding scale based on the number you set for Render Quality. That is just an educated guess based on what other people have tested for themselves.

So in the scheme of things you can usually set Max Time and Max Iterations to their maximum values and then adjust the resulting image quality you want to acheive using the Rendering Converged Ratio (BTW, setting it to 100% is not recommended) and setting the Rendering Quality to some number greater than 1. I don't actually know what Render Quality does, but seen it posted that it improves the overall output image.

Reactions: Lanxorn and Krull

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
Just thought I would throw in something I learned a long time ago about some of the DAZ render settings.

Max Time and Max Samples are settings that will terminate your render when one is reached first. In the image posted above:
  • If it takes 5000 seconds to render 100 iterations, it just stops rendering. It will also ignore your iteration and convergence setting.
  • If it reaches 7200 iterations in less that 5000 seconds it will stop the render, again regardless of the other two settings.
  • If it reaches 95% converged before 7200 iterations or 5000 seconds it will stop rendering.
My understanding on convergence is it is looking for the number of pixels that did not change from iteration to iteration within some sliding scale based on the number you set for Render Quality. That is just an educated guess based on what other people have tested for themselves.

So in the scheme of things you can usually set Max Time and Max Iterations to their maximum values and then adjust the resulting image quality you want to acheive using the Rendering Converged Ratio (BTW, setting it to 100% is not recommended) and setting the Rendering Quality to some number greater than 1. I don't actually know what Render Quality does, but seen it posted that it improves the overall output image.
Thank you for more details answer.
I read this in some one tread. Trying use this knowledge for my render settings.

Old Sea Dog

Formerly 'Old Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I do the same as max time is set to zero and lit is set at 3k max but I have gone as high as 5-7kbut I normally stay at 3000 lit Capture.PNG

S4nshine

Mar 31, 2023
I like to make a small request to the talented and competent artists here?
For the beautiful and enchanting young ladies Faye, Lois or both together, I would like to suggest wallpapers of them, like your created arts you posted here already - with backgrounds.
Maybe someone here has time and muse for something like that. Sunrise or sunset, beach, city or landscape panorama, the possibilities are endless. Dresses, jeans, shirts, they look great no matter what.
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Old Sea Dog

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
Me too. I change render settings all the time.
Basically I change the rendering resolution and the max samples and max time settings.

Sometimes I change the render quality, but render engine start using CPU instead of GPU o_O

Krull you postworking is insane, so beautifully and charming :love:
I'm trying to work in PhotoShop, but only through online tutorials :D
The best approach here is like studio photography, have the raw image set from the start in accordance with what you are after so will require less post work.
As for photoshop or in general better said, learn the basics of colors Hue-Saturation-Lightness and exposure + curves for an overall mood setting.
And the interaction between colors, how they neutralize, boost each other.
Black - darker , grey - neutral, White - brighter it all starts from here by adding hues values into the mix.

Here's a psd to help you understand better, i'm not much of writer, in short luminance\lightness is more than light it affects colors tone too and opens new paths and you can add color mix, blending, etc... in it.

That's very useful to know, thanks, m4dsk1llz .

Reactions: Lanxorn

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
The best approach here is like studio photography, have the raw image set from the start in accordance with what you are after so will require less post work.
As for photoshop or in general better said, learn the basics of colors Hue-Saturation-Lightness and exposure + curves for an overall mood setting.
And the interaction between colors, how they neutralize, boost each other.
Black - darker , grey - neutral, White - brighter it all starts from here by adding hues values into the mix.

Here's a psd to help you understand better, i'm not much of writer, in short luminance\lightness is more than light it affects colors tone too and opens new paths and you can add color mix, blending, etc... in it.
Thank you alot!

Reactions: Krull

Old Sea Dog

Formerly 'Old Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
You can package those layers in a LuT, have it nice and tidy, thou there exceptions on which type of layers can contain.
I use LuT and sometimes RAW on my renders but at the moment I am trying to remember who make Cigs as it has been a long long time since I have made any.

Reactions: Krull

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
What do you think Wanda smoking a pipe :ROFLMAO:
To say I hate smoking is an understatement, but that's mostly cigarettes. I did like the smell of my father's pipe. And his side is from Quebec where the older women especially used to smoke pipes. So... maybe she has a French heritage? ;)

Old Sea Dog

Formerly 'Old Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I think Wanda doesn't smoke. As a principal, she should be an example for kids... but this is fan art :)
Pipe sounds not bad unlike vape tube :sick:
Nicole smoking a pipe while enjoying a glass of whisky while taking a bath

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
Nicole smoking a pipe while enjoying a glass of whisky while taking a bath
Sounds weird but I wana see this :ROFLMAO:

How about Nicole, Janet and Wanda in tuxedos smoking cigars while sipping whiskey, like in men's clubs?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes