Fan Art Ms.Denvers Fan Art Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
There is a really good and easy-to-follow video on YouTube that shows you how to save a character for sharing so that all the morphs are combined into a single slider. It gets rid of the need for installing each individual morph required for a character.

And another that shows you how to package them for sharing.

There are some morph products that I could not find associated with the DUFs that were shared. The Wanda DUF I tried to use had about 100 morphs attached to it. Some are not essential and have been mentioned in previous posts (like the Z-Like A Muse). Others are essential for creating the character (like HD breast morphs, face and body morphs, and apparently, a couple of other character files).

I wonder, for those of you who have successfully created images that you have posted here, did you obtain all of those products or find another way around that?

Thanks for the shares!!!

Reactions: mrqwer

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
There is a really good and easy-to-follow video on YouTube that shows you how to save a character for sharing so that all the morphs are combined into a single slider. It gets rid of the need for installing each individual morph required for a character.

And another that shows you how to package them for sharing.

There are some morph products that I could not find associated with the DUFs that were shared. The Wanda DUF I tried to use had about 100 morphs attached to it. Some are not essential and have been mentioned in previous posts (like the Z-Like A Muse). Others are essential for creating the character (like HD breast morphs, face and body morphs, and apparently, a couple of other character files).

I wonder, for those of you who have successfully created images that you have posted here, did you obtain all of those products or find another way around that?

Thanks for the shares!!!
I ended up finding most of the files, and had some help finding the ones i couldn't.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I ended up finding most of the files, and had some help finding the ones i couldn't.
There are some crazy morphs in that file. My guess is that there were a bunch not set to zero when the character was saved.
Looks like a lot of the shaping came from the Zev 200 Plus Head and Face Morphs, GHD SomeBody Morphs, and a few more packs. There are nipple morphs from at least two packages. Two or three character files were used to some degree.

Fortunately, I own most of it. Even tried out the Teen Wanda, there were some interesting twists there. I'll try again a bit later.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
There are some crazy morphs in that file. My guess is that there were a bunch not set to zero when the character was saved.
Looks like a lot of the shaping came from the Zev 200 Plus Head and Face Morphs, GHD SomeBody Morphs, and a few more packs. There are nipple morphs from at least two packages. Two or three character files were used to some degree.

Fortunately, I own most of it. Even tried out the Teen Wanda, there were some interesting twists there. I'll try again a bit later.
Teen Wanda should be fairly clean, as I don't generally have a lot of parasitic morphs loaded in my DAZ library. The big differences are, first, I rescale all my models. Not all women are 180 cm (~ 6') tall. And I created a morph for it. The only real thing you need, is my morph and Victoria 8 as I use V8 HD Details. The rest of the stuff is standard DAZ.

Teen Wanda List.png

Reactions: mrqwer and Nurikabe

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Teen Wanda should be fairly clean, as I don't generally have a lot of parasitic morphs loaded in my DAZ library. The big differences are, first, I rescale all my models. Not all women are 180 cm (~ 6') tall. And I created a morph for it. The only real thing you need, is my morph and Victoria 8 as I use V8 HD Details. The rest of the stuff is standard DAZ.

View attachment 2718118
Wow! That is what I would expect to see.
Do you have your hidden files shown in this example?

The items of note in this missing list are the morphs, especially those associated with a character file.
This is the result I actually got:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Ellis Hair is the actual hairstyle my .duf file uses.
Mousso Raquel are the textures used.

All the rest are junk morphs and none of them are in use.
So technically none of them are 'missing'!

The list I showed is the actual list of my install. If I show 'Hidden" and 'Currently Used" only one other JCM morph is added. Please don't make this more complicated than it should be.

Reactions: Nurikabe

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Ellis Hair is the actual hairstyle my .duf file uses.
Mousso Raquel are the textures used.

All the rest are junk morphs and none of them are in use.
So technically none of them are 'missing'!

The list I showed is the actual list of my install. If I show 'Hidden" and 'Currently Used" only one other JCM morph is added. Please don't make this more complicated than it should be.
For whatever reason, whatever morph is used in the head, that is where I get the blocking issue. The character loads, with the aforementioned missing files, but the head loads with the blocks in place for missing pieces. I am still digging through to see what is up.

Thank you for looking through that. I appreciate you taking the time. Yep, I am getting the hair. Also getting the Raquel character because I love it. Thanks again!

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
For whatever reason, whatever morph is used in the head, that is where I get the blocking issue. The character loads, with the aforementioned missing files, but the head loads with the blocks in place for missing pieces. I am still digging through to see what is up.

Thank you for looking through that. I appreciate you taking the time. Yep, I am getting the hair. Also getting the Raquel character because I love it. Thanks again!
If you don't have the hair asset your will get blocks instead.

T-oxygen

Jun 18, 2020
I cannot remember the asset but if you can post the errors list that you get off daz I can tell you.
Also if I did give you the Wanda asset you would still have to find the assets
Just Wanda Error list

I really loved this game. But all shared characters have too many morphs and too many missing. That's why I don't want to render. So I just follow. Finding and installing missing files is harder than going to the moon

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Zeddicuss and image studio I left out as I was getting errors and 3feetwolf stuff I also didn't install.
Fashion Kimono Lingerie Set you don't really need and Zevo I did not install either.
My version of Wanda has alot of stuff not installed from the original

Last edited:

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Just Wanda Error list

I really loved this game. But all shared characters have too many morphs and too many missing. That's why I don't want to render. So I just follow. Finding and installing missing files is harder than going to the moon
Yes, I have had to purchase A LOT of morphs. Fortunately, there have been amazing sales.

There are ways to package the character file so that the morphs are not needed by other users (How to Save Characters for Sharing). But people tend not to save them that way. I save ALL my character files that way so that they take less time to load and are easier to manipulate in the future.

Orimal

Dec 1, 2021
Yes, I have had to purchase A LOT of morphs. Fortunately, there have been amazing sales.

There are ways to package the character file so that the morphs are not needed by other users (How to Save Characters for Sharing). But people tend not to save them that way. I save ALL my character files that way so that they take less time to load and are easier to manipulate in the future.

use this

• Thinking Face

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
What that does is basically create a new morph that combines all the morphs that were currently applied to your model. While it is a 'single slider' it is not the normal way to make a 'single slider morph'. There are also limitations, and I should know, because I have been doing the single morph and conversions for quite some time.

First, the typical 'single slider' morph is not a morph at all, but rather a control morph. It does not do any morphing on its own but rather allows a single slider control over however many morphs you have used on the model. It still requires that all the morphs be installed on the system you are moving it to. And, it requires that you package the control morph with your character .duf file.

Second, the way ITRoy described how to do it actually came to him, via a third party, from me and what it does is create a new morph by exporting and reimporting an already morphed character. The issue with this approach is that unless you are a DAZ PA, you can only export and import base resolution characters. so not a single HD morph is exported into your model or imported as a morph when you bring it back to DAZ. The other issues deal with ERC freezing, which must be done to help mitigate posing issues. But not every part of the ERC freeze process is beneficial. When you have heavily morphed characters, and are only using the supplied DAZ internal tools, you can end up with a lot of odd results. The the last issues is a pet peeve of mine and sometimes in a rush I am guilty of the same thing. Since most of the time you are taking a complete character and exporting then importing, we forget to remove morphs such as fingernails, navels, nipples. This forces the new person receiving the morphed character to either figure out how to undo those options or be forced to live with them. That is almost as bad as leaving genitalia attached to the figure when you save your morph.

While using this second method would mean that your .duf file will have fewer entries in the modifiers section, that is not the major determining factor in how fast your character loads. DAZ is very bad with memory management and resource allocation. DAZ will load every single morph you have installed in your library for the generation of character you are loading. And, DAZ does not do any instancing of those morphs, so if you load a second character all of it's morphs are loaded based on generation. That means every slider, every icon for that slider, every character slider of that same generation.

The last issue is that someone somewhere in the chain of custody of that character has to have all the morphs required for that character installed. It could be the dev, but usually isn't, it might be the second, third or fourth person using that character .duf. That individual then has to want to go through all the work it takes to make a base resolution morph for that character .duf file and make sure it is included with all their copies of the character moving forward.

So, now we know that you do make your own morphs and I do the same, but do you actually share your versions with the morph you create included? Does it install with DIM or even manually and do you tell people where to install said morph? Since you want to keep you profile secret on this site and I can't see if you actually share your .duf file and the .dsf file you create, I am going to assume that you don't share. So telling others that they should do all the work and save it the way you want it saved seems a bit entitled, doesn't it?

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Old Dog, I hope I wasn't being too harsh, just trying to keep it real world here. I am having a bad day as my 3090 just took a shit and I have to RMA it back to Gigabyte. So I am out of commission for a while.

• Sad

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Old Dog, I hope I wasn't being too harsh, just trying to keep it real world here. I am having a bad day as my 3090 just took a shit and I have to RMA it back to Gigabyte. So I am out of commission for a while.
Erm to be perfectly honest with you I have no idea what you are going on about.
I hope that your RMA gets sorted out quickly

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
What that does is basically create a new morph that combines all the morphs that were currently applied to your model. While it is a 'single slider' it is not the normal way to make a 'single slider morph'. There are also limitations, and I should know, because I have been doing the single morph and conversions for quite some time.

First, the typical 'single slider' morph is not a morph at all, but rather a control morph. It does not do any morphing on its own but rather allows a single slider control over however many morphs you have used on the model. It still requires that all the morphs be installed on the system you are moving it to. And, it requires that you package the control morph with your character .duf file.

Second, the way ITRoy described how to do it actually came to him, via a third party, from me and what it does is create a new morph by exporting and reimporting an already morphed character. The issue with this approach is that unless you are a DAZ PA, you can only export and import base resolution characters. so not a single HD morph is exported into your model or imported as a morph when you bring it back to DAZ. The other issues deal with ERC freezing, which must be done to help mitigate posing issues. But not every part of the ERC freeze process is beneficial. When you have heavily morphed characters, and are only using the supplied DAZ internal tools, you can end up with a lot of odd results. The the last issues is a pet peeve of mine and sometimes in a rush I am guilty of the same thing. Since most of the time you are taking a complete character and exporting then importing, we forget to remove morphs such as fingernails, navels, nipples. This forces the new person receiving the morphed character to either figure out how to undo those options or be forced to live with them. That is almost as bad as leaving genitalia attached to the figure when you save your morph.

While using this second method would mean that your .duf file will have fewer entries in the modifiers section, that is not the major determining factor in how fast your character loads. DAZ is very bad with memory management and resource allocation. DAZ will load every single morph you have installed in your library for the generation of character you are loading. And, DAZ does not do any instancing of those morphs, so if you load a second character all of it's morphs are loaded based on generation. That means every slider, every icon for that slider, every character slider of that same generation.

The last issue is that someone somewhere in the chain of custody of that character has to have all the morphs required for that character installed. It could be the dev, but usually isn't, it might be the second, third or fourth person using that character .duf. That individual then has to want to go through all the work it takes to make a base resolution morph for that character .duf file and make sure it is included with all their copies of the character moving forward.

So, now we know that you do make your own morphs and I do the same, but do you actually share your versions with the morph you create included? Does it install with DIM or even manually and do you tell people where to install said morph? Since you want to keep you profile secret on this site and I can't see if you actually share your .duf file and the .dsf file you create, I am going to assume that you don't share. So telling others that they should do all the work and save it the way you want it saved seems a bit entitled, doesn't it?
You actually provided some excellent knowledge I have been trying to find information on. For example, the base resolution issue. No doubt this is to detour people from using this method to share the highest quality characters.

This is just a simple way to share morphs without some of the troublesome aspects. As you pointed out, there are still problems with this method. I do use this method to share items. In particular, when sharing with a collaborator to work on the same character. It allows the user to package items in the same way a PA would. Saves a lot of effort and time when attempting to organize and place the files in the folder structure. It would be fantastic if we used that feature alone. Hell, if Daz PAs would actually follow the folder structure, that would be amazing. ;)

You do have to include more files, making the overall size much larger than sharing a simple .duf. And you can install these files using DIM, which is an advantage. I am not a content creator. I am more of a content user and editor. I lack the skill and knowledge to create a character from scratch. At this point in my learning, I find great value in sharing files and learning how someone else has done something. I almost always learn something new.

BTW, it has nothing to do with "entitlement." There is no expectation on my part. Simply a hope that we can work together to share creations and learn from each other. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your card. I hope it is resolved quickly and painlessly. Cheers!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes