Unity Multiverse Tenants [v0.1] [CardinalRed & TiredTxxus]

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
They are not though. It's a nickname for the same person, because he didn't want to explain the curse to his mom, for ...reasons. The Kuno's even got mad because "both Ranma's" had the same name. 'Ranko' was used far more by the fans than the show, but either way, it's the same person.
I did not say they are different people. I said YOU should VIEW them as different people.

Although it is arguable that ranma was becoming genderfluid towards the end there. As ranko got ever more comfortable with her femininity. And eventually just gave up entirely on breaking the curse.

Reactions: CardinalRed

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I did not say they are different people. I said YOU should VIEW them as different people.

Although it is arguable that ranma was becoming genderfluid towards the end there. As ranko got ever more comfortable with her femininity. And eventually just gave up entirely on breaking the curse.
No, that is not something I could choose, even if I wanted to. After all these years of being a fan, and years of writing him in fics, I can't just change the way I view him, he is who he is. It could be an alternate version of him, like in Slave Maker 3, but I am not a fan of those versions (nothing against the people who are, if you can do that, more power to you). Ranma is an important character to a lot of people and their identities, and there is no wrong way to appreciate that.

While it is true that canon Ranma was becoming more gender fluid as he went and accepting of the curse, he was never attracted to guys in either form. He flirted to take advantage of rubes and get free stuff, but that was it. It was just part of his 'anything to win' mentality. The only time he ever was actually interested in being with a guy, was when he was suffering from brain trauma, magic, or some other thing that was out of his control.

Dec 27, 2021

I have no idea where you've gotten that idea from, but Ranma's main driving force was to cure himself of the curse even at the end of the series. He absolutely never gave up on breaking the curse, and he was never "genderfluid" nor did he become "more comfortable with his femininity" in the sense you're implying. He hated his curse, and even in the very final chapter he was striving towards getting the water that would cure him, and was pissed when it was wasted. The only reason he ever begrudgingly disregarded it was because he valued Akane's safety more than his own problems.

He used his female form to his advantage when it suited him, but that wasn't because he accepted the curse so much as he just used what he had on hand. He's not above using something he hates if he can get what he wants by doing so.