JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Latest news.

Hello everyone!
Time to update to you on the update development. I have things which I want and must tell you. And I'll say this right away, that post will be controversial, like everything that's related to the remake. And this post will be big...

But let's start easy.
Somewhere at the start of June, I was finished with the prologue, and its long animation. From where until today I was rewriting 0.1 script, rendering it and for the last week I've also rewritten 0.2 script too at a fast pace. To get this progress update out to you. I'll explain why I wanted to finish 0.2 first in a minute.

Most time of this development time was on 0.1 rewrite and it's renders, along with figuring out how I want this remake to feel gameplay wise.

Before the remake, it was a new render for almost each new line of text, especially in dialogues. It was beautiful, and I wished to keep it as it was. But the further I worked, the more I realized it's not possible for me to do this. Each time when I was getting to work with renders, I felt forced and wanting less and less to work on them because it was no fun. To just think about that I need 3k renders per update. So, here we are.

Now, it will be fewer renders per dialogue between just two characters. For example, if it's dialogue between MC and a girl, there will be one render for girl talking and one for MC talking, for 3-4 or more lines of text. So, the number of renders won't be that huge, but they still will be changing along the conversation, with emotional change of it.

About updating 0.1 content. This part of the remake is done, and it will be probably most changed text wise and structural wise. 0.1 needed that change. I don't like to brag, but speaking objectively, over the development time my writing skills have improved, and all character got their development and were established. Since then, I've also figured out how I want to end this story. So, it was a good chance to tie ends up.

Helen and Liz's parts in the 0.1 will differ more than others from what it was. Now they are more spicy for the start of the game.

Now to the complicated things. At first, when me and Axsens started this remake, we were joking about how quality has jumped, and so we will need to remake the whole game like this. Little did we know that it was almost like this. Not the whole game, but the first part of the game will need to be redone further than I've anticipated.

At first, I wanted to remake the whole 0.1 and half of the 0.2. But we've gone through the game again after making 0.1 and figured that second half of the 0.2, first half of the 0.3, some individual scenes and animations would also need to be redone.

So, here is the updated progress bar after all these calculations:

I've changed each bar to the parts content for easier understanding. It's more vague, but that's the best we could come up with not to make it overcomplicated.

That's why I wanted to finish with the 0.2 script first, to see the scope of work.

I don't want to split the work on the remake and to make rework after rework, but make it once and go further. As I said before, I can't wait to finish this remake, and go to making 0.7 update, continue the story. But I don't want to half-ass things either. This update is needed for me to work better in the future, even if it is like that.

While the amount of work got bigger, while working on 0.1 I figured the best way to optimize the work on the remake of the scenes that were already done. So if I don't stumble upon different pitfalls, it should be easier to do other parts further.
Thank you for reading through this post, and being here for the game or me. Lately, I see a lot of support which helps me mentally, and I feel a lot more stable. Thank you, everyone!

Your DD

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
For which points should I go for Love or Lewd?
For individual choices, it's usually only a minor variation for either one. There's usually not a huge difference between any given set of choices.

It mainly only matters for certain choices, where your accumulation of points becomes important. Romance a girl so she has a ton of Love points and no Lewd points, and you may lose the option to throw her on the couch and fuck her instead of pulling her in to a loving embrace and just making out with her for a bit. But in the same way, if you wind up with a ton of Lewd points and not much love, you're going to get locked into the more sexually aggressive scenes rather than the more romantic ones.

Basically, it's up to you - are you trying to love these girls, or fuck them? What does your heart (or dick) tell you?

If you're going for mostly Love points, you're going to come across a bit like the Manic Pixie Dream Boy who exists solely to solve all these girls problems. Whether or not that's something that appeals to you, or you're mostly just looking to get your wick wet, should probably color the choices you're making.

MagnusAxess

Jan 9, 2022
Latest news.

Hello everyone!
Time to update to you on the update development. I have things which I want and must tell you. And I'll say this right away, that post will be controversial, like everything that's related to the remake. And this post will be big...

But let's start easy.
Somewhere at the start of June, I was finished with the prologue, and its long animation. From where until today I was rewriting 0.1 script, rendering it and for the last week I've also rewritten 0.2 script too at a fast pace. To get this progress update out to you. I'll explain why I wanted to finish 0.2 first in a minute.

Most time of this development time was on 0.1 rewrite and it's renders, along with figuring out how I want this remake to feel gameplay wise.

Before the remake, it was a new render for almost each new line of text, especially in dialogues. It was beautiful, and I wished to keep it as it was. But the further I worked, the more I realized it's not possible for me to do this. Each time when I was getting to work with renders, I felt forced and wanting less and less to work on them because it was no fun. To just think about that I need 3k renders per update. So, here we are.

Now, it will be fewer renders per dialogue between just two characters. For example, if it's dialogue between MC and a girl, there will be one render for girl talking and one for MC talking, for 3-4 or more lines of text. So, the number of renders won't be that huge, but they still will be changing along the conversation, with emotional change of it.

About updating 0.1 content. This part of the remake is done, and it will be probably most changed text wise and structural wise. 0.1 needed that change. I don't like to brag, but speaking objectively, over the development time my writing skills have improved, and all character got their development and were established. Since then, I've also figured out how I want to end this story. So, it was a good chance to tie ends up.

Helen and Liz's parts in the 0.1 will differ more than others from what it was. Now they are more spicy for the start of the game.

Now to the complicated things. At first, when me and Axsens started this remake, we were joking about how quality has jumped, and so we will need to remake the whole game like this. Little did we know that it was almost like this. Not the whole game, but the first part of the game will need to be redone further than I've anticipated.

At first, I wanted to remake the whole 0.1 and half of the 0.2. But we've gone through the game again after making 0.1 and figured that second half of the 0.2, first half of the 0.3, some individual scenes and animations would also need to be redone.

So, here is the updated progress bar after all these calculations:

I've changed each bar to the parts content for easier understanding. It's more vague, but that's the best we could come up with not to make it overcomplicated.

That's why I wanted to finish with the 0.2 script first, to see the scope of work.

I don't want to split the work on the remake and to make rework after rework, but make it once and go further. As I said before, I can't wait to finish this remake, and go to making 0.7 update, continue the story. But I don't want to half-ass things either. This update is needed for me to work better in the future, even if it is like that.

While the amount of work got bigger, while working on 0.1 I figured the best way to optimize the work on the remake of the scenes that were already done. So if I don't stumble upon different pitfalls, it should be easier to do other parts further.
Thank you for reading through this post, and being here for the game or me. Lately, I see a lot of support which helps me mentally, and I feel a lot more stable. Thank you, everyone!

Your DD
DD working so hard they accidentally made a time machine and went back in time? May 29th?

Reactions: Devil'sDad

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
screenshot0009.png
Also has she just been holding onto that gun the entire time that conversation happened? Jesus christ those things can still hurt people

Whatamidooing

Apr 22, 2019
View attachment 1972470
Also has she just been holding onto that gun the entire time that conversation happened? Jesus christ those things can still hurt people
The real bitch is the apparent lack of ear pro but you don't need over ears for most subsonic cartridges. (it's a single to double action revolver, which is hammer-fired...... that thing isn't going to fire unless a mechanical failure or deliberate action by the shooter not only that it's firing blanks which could still kill at point-blank range or if there was a barrel obstruction).

Also props to the dev for that trigger discipline. I don't remember if she flagged anyone tho.

P.S. I like guns... and you said a dumb thing likely out of ignorance.

• Haha
Reactions: JoeTheMC84

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
The real bitch is the apparent lack of ear pro but you don't need over ears for most subsonic cartridges. (it's a single to double action revolver, which is hammer-fired...... that thing isn't going to fire unless a mechanical failure or deliberate action by the shooter not only that it's firing blanks which could still kill at point-blank range or if there was a barrel obstruction).

Also props to the dev for that trigger discipline. I don't remember if she flagged anyone tho.

P.S. I like guns... and you said a dumb thing likely out of ignorance.
The point is you shouldn't just be casually holding onto a gun like that, carrying on an entire conversation that spans over several minutes, especially like that. Can you imagine being a student at a school and your teacher is just nonchalantly carrying a gun around holding it in their hand as they're pacing back and forth carrying on a conversation? Do you think students would feel safe like that? Do you think the other teachers involved would feel safe? Do you think passerbyes would feel safe? One of the very first things your taught about guns, is to keep them holstered till you use them. For your protection, and everyone else involved as well.

Whatamidooing

Apr 22, 2019
The point is you shouldn't just be casually holding onto a gun like that, carrying on an entire conversation that spans over several minutes, especially like that. Can you imagine being a student at a school and your teacher is just nonchalantly carrying a gun around holding it in their hand as they're pacing back and forth carrying on a conversation? Do you think students would feel safe like that? Do you think the other teachers involved would feel safe? Do you think passerbyes would feel safe? One of the very first things your taught about guns, is to keep them holstered till you use them. For your protection, and everyone else involved as well.
As long as she's not flagging anyone yeah. no issue considering context of a starter pistol (although the render uses a snub-noze revolver context is key).

Other peoples emotions aren't your responsibility but their own at the end of the day without exception (not saying it's okay to be an asshole but you can bee an asshole by going with the flimsy at best arguments you've made). If your training is only pull it out if you use them, that's good for conceal carry circumstances or at a 2 gun match for example. In this instance it's fine.

But go ahead Safety Sally.......

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019
latest update when I try to load my save gives me an error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 37, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 129, in _invoke_game_menu
    renpy.call_in_new_context('_game_menu')
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 37, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 937, in input
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='prompt', type="input", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4100, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1062, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 472, in event
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/game.py", line 344, in call_in_new_context
    return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1252, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2173, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2005, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1923, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
MurMur 0.6
Tue Aug  9 21:45:57 2022

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
latest update when I try to load my save gives me an error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 37, in script
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 937, in input
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='prompt', type="input", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 472, in event
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/game.py", line 344, in call_in_new_context
    return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
    context.run()
    $ ui.interact()
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1252, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2173, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2005, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1923, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
MurMur 0.6
Tue Aug  9 21:45:57 2022
if you played with a mod previously, unless you install that mod, you have to start over again. you're gonna have to use the newest version of the mod you used last time.
that or the incest patch. it's one of the two.

Reactions: Dringar

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019
if you played with a mod previously, unless you install that mod, you have to start over again. you're gonna have to use the newest version of the mod you used last time.
that or the incest patch. it's one of the two.
Thanks
I honestly dont know if I had it modded as I hadnt played it since 2019 but I will look around anyway
Appreciate the assist!

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
question - what does this exactly entail?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
playing for first time and going for max love/zero corruption route (if it even a possible route? don't really care, just can't do that to these girls, even if "corruption" is not as hardcore in this game), suddenly - not only this "Care" stat pops up, but also conflicting with "Love"? how does it work?

w123t4

May 26, 2019
So we need to wait for another year to finish the remake of 0.2 and 0.3 then move on to the new content? I think we need to replay it after the remake?

Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So this game looks worth trying but as it's going through a remastering, i'd rather hold off. Do you have a rough ETA on when normal development will continue? 6 months? 1 year? Not looking for a set-in-stone date, just a rough idea.

Devil'sDad

Son of a...
Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
So this game looks worth trying but as it's going through a remastering, i'd rather hold off. Do you have a rough ETA on when normal development will continue? 6 months? 1 year? Not looking for a set-in-stone date, just a rough idea.
Can't really say, I hoped it was going to be faster, but I need to redo a lot of animations. And I'm really bad with dates, that's one of the reasons I don't set them. Because I want the game look and feel as good as possible, so I end up making more on top of what I wanted initially.

I would want to release as soon as possible, as always. For example aiming to release before the end of autumn, but would that happen? I honestly can't say.

I'm also working on something new for the game, that I can't announce for now ^^

4.50 star(s) 68 Votes