• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Others Completed Muv-Luv Photonmelodies♮ [Final] [5pb. Games]

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
a tentacle rape scene was actually plot relevant.
dude some people are smocking while reading comment T_T i nearly choke to death ><
does the game you're speacking about actually hve a readable tradution ? i only remember a cancer inducing mtl

edit : need a link if yes or i'll sue you for atempted murder ^^

• Haha
Reactions: Antonisimo

Dan Flashes

Mar 15, 2018
(I still want a full hardcore scene of Sumika X beta, not the little bits we got in alternative)
That's the future of sex right there. Fuck someone's actual brain out, then send electrical signals to the pleasure parts of the brain. All of that tits and ass stuff? It's antiquated.

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Muv Luv has always been story focused, sex was never the central part. Don't see where you got necessity from.
The original game is known to be mediocre in terms of the setting. Also my favourite Extra route was the Marimo route. So yes, it is a necessity.
The H-scenes weren't really important at all in the original. The only time in the series when they were was alternative somewhat. The Sumika tentacle part in Alternative was very important to the plot. It's hard to forget since that was probably the only time I read a VN where a tentacle rape scene was actually plot relevant.
You know.. They could've gone the route of maybe insinuating it indirectly, or maybe occasional PTSD flashbacks from Sumika? Not directly writing the most grotesque and disgusting scene I ever had the displeasure of listening to.
Not saying there was no relevance, but they took a number of extra steps beyond what they could've, so I am in the camp of it being unnecessary in Alternative, while in Extra they had the Marimo route, which was crucial to the success of the game.

Reactions: Marco110

Dan Flashes

Mar 15, 2018
while in Extra they had the Marimo route, which was crucial to the success of the game.
Mad Dog Marimo sure knew how to CRUNCH, youknowwhatimean?

But I agree that the beta fucking scene in alternative was kind of out of left field, but the game had already shit in my mouth so many times at this point that I just said, "this might as well happen too." Though I thought the scene with Sumika and Takeru after was alright, and made me feel a little better... but not really.

God this shit fucked me up...

Reactions: Marco110

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
dude muv luv was not a hentai game, it had that content but it was a story focused VN and all of Age-verse stuff is like that. Also its less of a return and more of an epilogue.
MLA? Do you mean to say alien rape wasn't main point? But, this was like the only good thing about this trash… First 2 games (extra and unlimited) were pure garbage.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
What's the point in uploading a game without sexual content HERE.

It's like entering a brothel and hearing that you can't have sex there.

Man, it feels quite weird, you know.

Liquidacid

Aug 16, 2017
You know.. They could've gone the route of maybe insinuating it indirectly, or maybe occasional PTSD flashbacks from Sumika? Not directly writing the most grotesque and disgusting scene I ever had the displeasure of listening to.
Not saying there was no relevance, but they took a number of extra steps beyond what they could've, so I am in the camp of it being unnecessary in Alternative, while in Extra they had the Marimo route, which was crucial to the success of the game.
Nah if they had just insinuated or told you it happened it wouldn't have had any real impact. Actually hammering in and slapping you in the face with how fucked up it was to illustrate how fucked up she was and support all the scenes and character development that came after was pretty important. If they hadn't shown it those things would have been just flat. It would have turned one of if not the most memorable parts of the story into something forgettable. A large part of MLA was how the characters were mentally screwed so the supporting scenes to get you to really understand why were important and needed to be in your face.

"Show, Don't tell" is a pretty basic rule that a lot more VNs could benefit from. At least if they are actually going for some type of emotional impact in the story.

Last edited:

MaChand

Aug 1, 2020
Normally I'm not a fan when a "no sexual content" pops up here, but considering it is muv luv I can't say no to this.

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Nah if they had just insinuated or told you it happened it wouldn't have had any real impact. Actually hammering in and slapping you in the face with how fucked up it was to illustrate how fucked up she was and support all the scenes and character development that came after was pretty important. If they hadn't shown it those things would have been just flat. It would have turned one of if not the most memorable parts of the story into something forgettable. A large part of MLA was how the characters were mentally screwed so the supporting scenes to get you to really understand why were important and needed to be in your face.

"Show, Don't tell" is a pretty basic rule that a lot more VNs could benefit from. At least if they are actually going for some type of emotional impact in the story.
Sure, insinuating and having prompt flashbacks, might've been less impactful, but you can't say that the 10 minutes of heartwrenching disgusting shit that almost makes you puke isn't too much.. Maybe 5 minutes less of that shit would've been slightly more sensible for me. As a momentary shock that tentacle scene was many times worse than Marimo, and I had literally nightmares for the next week after Marimo's scene. The tentacle was so disgusting that my brain literally zoned out by the end and the impact of the scene was actually reduced due to that (But at the moment it happened, I did feel like puking). The point when you literally felt your stomach turning and felt sick, that's the point when the scene should've ended, but it kept going, until my brain rejected that scene overall. The disgust factor was hammered on way too much, even though it had relevance, it could've been done better.
This talk is more subjective than objective though. What my brain did in relation to that scene will differ from what happened to yours.

Wingy windy

Sep 6, 2018
I've never understood what was the point of the tentacle rape scene in alternative.
I would have thought that being cut apart, without any anesthesia until the only thing that remains is your brain (and being conscious during the whole thing) would be horrible enough, and trauma inducing.
But no, here come a rape and tentacle scene.

But well, it's Japan so I guess the tentacle sex was mandatory.

Roosta

Oct 31, 2017
Im just thinking in buying this site to BAN all those no sexual content games...

Liquidacid

Aug 16, 2017
I've never understood what was the point of the tentacle rape scene in alternative.
I would have thought that being cut apart, without any anesthesia until the only thing that remains is your brain (and being conscious during the whole thing) would be horrible enough, and trauma inducing.
But no, here come a rape and tentacle scene.

But well, it's Japan so I guess the tentacle sex was mandatory.
Because it wasn't just supposed to be that she was traumatized. The sexual part of it is what specifically shaped her relationship after that with the MC. She was violated in such a horrible manner that she felt used, dirty and like she betrayed him so didn't want to get close or intimate with the MC fearing what would happen when he found out and thinking she didn't deserve it.

Hitaragi

Jun 11, 2017
People are fucking strange here... Saying some shit like "H-scenes weren't important at all in the original"
Original? You mean the game where the only headache for the mc is to choose one of the girls, start dating her and eventually fuck her at the end. Are we all talking about the same game?
Yeah, I perfectly understand that Alternative changed tone of the game, it's not just a dating sim anymore. But still, H-scenes there quite important. What about the development of relationships between the characters, is it not important anymore? I think that this is a natural development of the relationship between two people and at the same time a logical culmination.
All I wanted was for them to release 18+ version of Altered Fable, especially after that sadistic mind-fucking game like Alternative.

Wingy windy

Sep 6, 2018
Because it wasn't just supposed to be that she was traumatized. The sexual part of it is what specifically shaped her relationship after that with the MC. She was violated in such a horrible manner that she felt used, dirty and like she betrayed him so didn't want to get close or intimate with the MC fearing what would happen when he found out and thinking she didn't deserve it.
Thanks for the answer. It does make sense, but adding drama to more drama was a bit too much for me.
I remember that I just wanted to pass that and go to the fighting at that point. (I think I made a few month break before finishing the game after that so…my memory of that part is a bit fuzzy.)

kailius

Apr 21, 2017
Will this give me the feels because I don't want feel them feels again :cautious: By feels I mean people dying horribly :cry: