PAxej

Jan 7, 2021
So I'm confused

Was the original download of the 1.1 files from mega all RUS only or if I reinstall without your mod will it work in eng?

STJay

Jan 12, 2020
So I'm confused

Was the original download of the 1.1 files from mega all RUS only or if I reinstall without your mod will it work in eng?
The original game you downloaded on MEGA will also have the main scripts in RUS, but theoretically the dialogue in-game should be ENG if you set it to be that way. Although some people have had issues with it reverting back to RUS.

My mod on the other hand seems to mainly keep the game in RUS (other than the parts I manually edited to ENG). Unless you install my mod after using unren on the rpa. If you use unren to extract the files, and then install my mod, then everything should be in ENG.

At least that's what I believe.

PAxej

Jan 7, 2021
It starts on ENG, so I leave it on ENG: game in russian
It starts on ENG, so I click RUS, then POL, then ENG, game is still in russian.

Without re-downloading the unmodded version to fully reinstall to test, I think you might be right.

I have absolutely no idea how to "unren" something to get it to be english again, any guide you could link?

STJay

Jan 12, 2020
For anybody who tried using my wt-mod and noticed that the text was in RUS, I uploaded a new attachment that hopefully fixes that.

Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I very much like this game and am looking forward to it's development. I thought it'd be a shame if people just gave up on it because of saves or a walkthrough. So I made a basic in-game walkthrough that people could use.

Notes:
  • While some answers seem color-coded, take them all with a grain of salt. Just because an answer choice is red, green, etc, don't immediately think it's a bad choice.
  • For some of the answer choices I listed them as "Fastest". I did this because the other answers don't lead to any impactful variables. This was mainly just for people who wanted to easily skip through the dialogue if they had to start over or something.
  • I added some QoL changes to see more scenes in one playthrough. I wasn't very consistent and did some scenes while leaving others alone.
    • Main reason for this is that I kept having issues with the translations. So for every scene where I let you see multiple at once, I had to manually translate the script. I'm a very green modder, and I didn't know whether there was an easier way to do it.
    • While anybody can use the walkthrough just fine, the QoL changes to see multiple scenes is in English. So apologies to those who want to use those aspects of the mod but read in a different language.
  • I added a way to toggle incest at the start of a new game if it's not already toggled.
  • If answer choices are left untouched, it generally means you can choose whichever you want.
    • Some answers actually triggered variables that may or may not become important in the future. So don't be surprised if I recommend an answer that seemingly does nothing.
5/12/2021
I got some reports of my older mod not translating the RUS into ENG so I changed some of the zip files, and got the mod to work without having to use UnRen. I attached the new zip that should now work. If it still doesn't, please let me know.
Added a link to your Mod on the OP.
Thanks STJay (y)

Reactions: Wyrme and STJay

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so far wt-mod has worked nicely (i'm up to mc telling to lin that rin loves her) and no language changes.

Reactions: STJay

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
quite a short update (if doesn't count replaying from beginning), prev. update ended when mc was gonna enter lin's dream and even with wandering around that mansion there wasn't much to do.

leva228

Aug 13, 2017

About saves
Hi, guys. We've faced some save problems in MBD v1.1, most of saves simply stopped working, though some people reported that they had no problems. Either way, we'll try to tackle this problem in the next update, however, we can't give any guarantees but we'll try our best. If your last working save is too far from the place where you stopped playing or maybe you go for a new game, remember that you can skip text by pressing ctrl.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
skipping helps but still needs bit rollbacking to see what was text before choices and there are tons of choices so a lot pauses.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
  • While some answers seem color-coded, take them all with a grain of salt. Just because an answer choice is red, green, etc, don't immediately think it's a bad choice.
kinda defeats the purpose of a walkthrough

STJay

Jan 12, 2020
kinda defeats the purpose of a walkthrough
I mean, let's say one answer choice leads to Femdom content while the other one leads to avoiding it. In the mod I might have color-coded that as red. For that example specifically I just felt at the time that red would be a more fitting color. I don't want users to think along the lines of, "Oh, the femdom route is the 'wrong' route."

Technically I could have just left that answer choice color blank as to not induce bias, but I had already been using colors for every other choice with impact so it felt like I should just keep it going.

Besides, color isn't the sole way the walkthrough guides players. I also included these things called 'words' that tell you what the answer choice will do in that given moment. And since there's quite a bit of reading in this game/novel I thought that'd be a concept you'd readily understand ;).

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
v1.1 Old saves don't work

you lost me - I wont start from the beginning again

I don`t understand whats so hard about patching the Save-Files, so we are able to use them from older versions of the game.

i dont know. i haven not heart of any auto translators for renpy yet. unity, yes. but python engine? hmm.

because renpy is a frame-by-frame script that builds like a card house. if the foundation is changed, the rest cant be supported and it topples. well written saves can recover from such a change if it can locate its own position in the script, but if the last :jump point is changed too much they too crash and burn.
Pirot King

It has to do with the fact the dev deleted the .rpycs in this release, they hold all the info for a save file loading correctly. Zero changes in the script from d9 from the last release to this one, only one line in d10 ( end of last update ), this was to jump to the script in d11. In order for save files to work, you have to use the same .rpycs from one release to another, you can go back and change things in previous releases, but the .rpycs have to stay the same, or saves will break. If you change too much, saves will also break too, minor changes don't hurt anything.

I fixed my save from the last update by placing the attached .rpyc in the game folder of the new release, it is the .rpyc from the previous update, with one line changed, the jump at the end to send me to the d11 script file. That is all it took to make my save work in this update. If I didn't change that one line, it would send me to the ending screen, more than likely it has to do with the other files still packed into the .rpa.

The dev doesn't place the .rpy files in the game, only the .rpyc files. In order for a change to happen in a .rpyc file, it has to be changed in the .rpy file first, then the game has to be launched pushing the changes into the .rpyc file. Beings there is no .rpy files in the .rpa package, it would not change the new .rpyc I put in the game outside of the .rpa, sending me to the end screen, instead of the start of the new update. Basically, any changes the dev made to the d10 file would not translate over to the old .rpyc file I placed into the game because there is no .rpy file with the same name in the .rpa package.

You can try it out if you want, it should load your save from the end of the last update, just place it inside the "game" folder.

Last edited:

Pirot King

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2018
Pirot King

It has to do with the fact the dev deleted the .rpycs in this release, they hold all the info for a save file loading correctly. Zero changes in the script from d9 from the last release to this one, only one line in d10 ( end of last update ), this was to jump to the script in d11. In order for save files to work, you have to use the same .rpycs from one release to another, you can go back and change things in previous releases, but the .rpycs have to stay the same, or saves will break. If you change too much, saves will also break too, minor changes don't hurt anything.

I fixed my save from the last update by placing the attached .rpyc in the game folder of the new release, it is the .rpyc from the previous update, with one line changed, the jump at the end to send me to the d11 script file. That is all it took to make my save work in this update. If I didn't change that one line, it would send me to the ending screen, more than likely it has to do with the other files still packed into the .rpa.

The dev doesn't place the .rpy files in the game, only the .rpyc files. In order for a change to happen in a .rpyc file, it has to be changed in the .rpy file first, then the game has to be launched pushing the changes into the .rpyc file. Beings there is no .rpy files in the .rpa package, it would not change the new .rpyc I put in the game outside of the .rpa, sending me to the end screen, instead of the start of the new update. Basically, any changes the dev made to the d10 file would not translate over to the old .rpyc file I placed into the game because there is no .rpy file with the same name in the .rpa package.

You can try it out if you want, it should load your save from the end of the last update, just place it inside the "game" folder.

Thanks! I already realized that all the problems with saves arose due to the fact that I created new rpyc files. But I did not know how to correctly fix this, so that people who only played the new update would not have problems with the game. You helped me a lot!

van321

Jan 7, 2021
Enjoyable game. The plot mystery surrounding the MC and why he has these contracts with these two goddesses, and the game mechanics of those two goddesses (one to trigger love paths, one to trigger corruption paths), make it pretty unique as far as school-set incest AVNs go. The mother and sisters are okay, writing wise, if a bit standard fare. I do kind of wish the powers had negative consequences, even the love power, in order to give the story a bit more weight.

Annie is my girl, so once her love path gets more fleshed out there's a lot more meat for me to sink into. Her rendered model is cute as hell; reminds me of a curly blonde Layla from Intertwined.

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
Enjoyable game. The plot mystery surrounding the MC and why he has these contracts with these two goddesses, and the game mechanics of those two goddesses (one to trigger love paths, one to trigger corruption paths), make it pretty unique as far as school-set incest AVNs go. The mother and sisters are okay, writing wise, if a bit standard fare. I do kind of wish the powers had negative consequences, even the love power, in order to give the story a bit more weight.

Annie is my girl, so once her love path gets more fleshed out there's a lot more meat for me to sink into. Her rendered model is cute as hell; reminds me of a curly blonde Layla from Intertwined.
See, Annie is a sweet cinnamon roll who definitely deserves tender loving care and should be treasured...which is exactly why I'm going corrupt path with her lol

• Haha
Reactions: Wyrme
3.80 star(s) 109 Votes