VN - Ren'Py - My Brother's Wife [v0.10.1] [Beanie Guy Studio]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Azfar

While the characters is what brings me back to check once in a while...with how slow the story moves, I've given up on it. The brother is such a massive dick that I'm waiting for him to get f**ked but this is taking so long its infuriating.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Psykoman1978

slow burn game
    can´t read it cuz of the colour of the letters
    forced to get a bj from a granny without much choice
    like i said so often forced sucks
    deleted and ignored
    abandoned coming i can feel it
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Raziel_8

Review v.08

After nearly 2 years and 8 updates, nothing worth mentioning has happened.

The game started interesting, but it moves at an absolut glacial pace. Still at day8, still doing chores like laundry, pool cleaning or mowing the lawn...
    The high point in the relation with the 'wife' is making out shortly while she was drunk as a skunk, not sure if she even remembers any of that.

The last 2 updates spend a lot of time on side characters like the friend of the wife or the older neighbour in the current update, which slows down the already glacial progress even more.

There is no story, it's a slice of life which puts emphasis on all the mundane aspects, like doing chores, breakfast, watching tv etc...or in other words it's repetitive, boring and nothing interesting happens.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

wpeale71341

Well, visually this game looks fantastic. Writing wise I docked it a star although personally I felt i should have docked it 2. Why you ask? Well its quite obvious that English is not the dev's language. While you can get the gist of what is being written it does not always come through smoothly. The other thing I noted was in one conversation I was addressed as Cole by the wife. Later it ceased to be the chosen name and became strictly player this player that in every conversation.

I also see that this is going to be a slow burn game sexually as well. No sex in this version so far (0.7 at time of review) so give this one a pass for another 10 or so updates and then check back. So far the wife and her friend Bella are the only 2 females that come close to having any content. The one character that wants to do something with the player hasn't recieved any more content since she offered to make the player her personal cabana boy. Then there was the hotty on the roadside. That went flat quick. So as I said this needs a lot of updates before it gets sexual. This at this point is just a bunch of teasing with no real pleasing. Although I do find it to be a pleasing prospect of cucking that asshole of a brother.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Jnx

I usually wait for the "7th update" or whatever but I got bored and tried this out. Mostly knowing it wouldn't be my thing. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, per se, but I don't like it. And the rating would be a middle of the road three stars, but I've made the decision to deduct one star from my rating if they have the default RenPy UI. The funny thing is, not only is it default. But the Dev edited the UI a little bit only to break it? It's kinda hilarious, really. I do like the slow burn, and think the dream and strip club scenes were shoehorned in to keep the horny fans interested.

You play as MC, a kid just out of a high school(?) in Switzerland. Your parents died and your brother "takes care" of you. Sending you off to school somewhere else and is completely irked by your existence when you return. Then when you get back, you meet his wife that he neglects and is a general asshole to all the time. And the story is pretty much just that. I will say I'm glad it's a little different from the story every other game here has. But it's a lot of the boring day to day stuff with a wife who's slightly unhappy and you, the turbo virgin that, let's be honest, even if you do end up with the woman, you spirited her away from her marriage and that's not good for trust.

It's very short so far. And the writing is another thing that brings it down. There's a bunch of grammar errors but feels like they try to make it sound smarter with some sprinkled in 3 and 4 syllable Harvard "words of the day." Then act like they didn't completely bugger up that last sentence.

My two cents: Spend an hour or two to do SOMETHING with the UI. All it takes is replacing picture files. And get some proofreading done, or read the sentences aloud to yourself slowly. But the story's not my cup of tea so I don't know if I'll follow this one up later.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

BarbarrossaNA

There are some complaints that it's a slow burn.. but the title is 'My Brother's Wife' and unless you want the game to end quickly I think it kinda has to be that way. Good graphics and gotta say love the wife's model. Good story.. Maybe to satisfy the impatient early action should hit on brother's secretary.. MILF of the neighborhood.. and/or the brother's wife's best friend. But with that being said I really think as this one progresses it will continue to grow the fanbase it has. A 5 out of 5 from me due to the simple fact every time I see this one pop up on 'Latest Updates' I can't wait to see what's new.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Belzeebub$

It is an exciting game. The idea is really nice. But only problem is it is more of a "no sexual content" game as in till version 6. The dev is slowly bringing the mc and the sister in law closer with every update. I liked this type of game but if you are looking for fap items, donot play this game. You are warned
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Talmadge

Pretty good game so far. And it isn't rushed. I prefer a bit of a slow burn. Not too slow, but I don't like it when the MC and the object of his affection get it on in a very short time span. I, for one, like the build up as well as the follow through.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

BloodyRelight

Yeah, I think I am calling it here. I really liked the first two release of this project, but things have been stagnant since then with very little actual development in the main relationship and then worse a dream sequence. So, it can claim to have a sexual scene. I was willing to overlook even that however and keep up my patronage until 0.5 rolled out and most of the content including the sex scene involves a newly introduced and likely 1 off stripper character, instead of the female character we are supposed to be trying to seduce in the game who is supposedly the main focus.

It feels to me the game is trying to be too much at once and is suffering as a result. What started out as a simple enough premise and character cast is I feel expanding too rapidly without being fleshed out, I started to see the writing on the wall of this when the horny neighbor lady was introduced but ignored it back then. In addition to this problem the male character we are playing as is starting to appear worse and worse especially in this update I was under the impression that you were at least on the love route supposed to be a better man than your brother, but I do not think that is the case you seem just as lecherous and manipulative as he is even in the love path.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

Besides the decent start (hence why i give 2 stars), there is nothing really good.
    Renders are average, the story is kind of basic - at least that part what you COULD call as "story".
    After 5 releases, there is not really any progression to the main girl at all.
    A game whith a slowly developing story can be called "slow burn" - but how should you call this one then? there is nothing moving forward at all.
    I would give stars for story content, but there is none - so sorry: no stars (except one for the promising basic setup as mentioned)
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Requiem131

My Brother's Wife (v 0.4) has some good ideas but I think missess on the execution. First of all, in the story. I like well developed characters, believable situations, and slowly evolving the relationships. But in this case, this all happens extremely slowly and in a lot of interactions that are too much slice-of-life for me, with little real interest. This makes the game feel like it's going nowhere or, at least, going there slower than I can handle. Second problem I have with the game is the (unfortunately common) connection between the love path being caring and nice, and the domination path being basically a jerk (when not directly outright toxic). I wanted to take the domination path, I always do, but I don't think it implies being a horrible human being and apparently in this game it kind of does.

Render quality is pretty decent and I like the look of the female models, which are hot but not in an unbelievable way. Animations are there, but some are better executed than others (the running animation was just off). And sound doesn't have much so far, just a few sound effects here and there.

All in all, I wanted to like the game but I just couldn't do it.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

clowns234

If slow burns aren't your thing, then I would suggest waiting until it's complete. As someone who only started playing with this update (0.4), I had no problem with the pacing. Had I waited seven months to get here? Who knows. A couple of hours of content can seem extremely long when spread out over seven months.

As the player, you choose between a corruption path or a love path. On the corruption path, you side with your brother. On the other, you side with his wife. I ended up siding with the wife.

For me, I like the character interactions. While the English could be better, I didn't have any problems figuring out the context.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

caravaggio

The cheating with your wife/gf sister or mother scenario is one of the most exciting for me, so I thought that even this one could be fun, with all the moral implications of betraying your own brother and stuff. Unfortunately every possible layer of conflict is stripped away by this game, 'cause the brother is just an unbelieavable character with no redeeming quality. Kind of boring. Graphics are ok, writing is not very good.
    Over and out.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Franchise18

Review of version 0.4

Graphics: 5/5. The characters look good and I especially enjoy Jennifer's look.

Animation: 5/5. The running animation scene seemed a bit jerky. However, do not know if this is due to my computer or the actual scene. Therefore, i will score it high.

Grammar: 3/5. The grammar wasn't bad, but there were a few mistakes. Use of double negatives and poor work choices or sentence arrangement. That may sound harsh but it isn't meant to be. After rereading the sentence, I could comprehend what was being said.

Overall, this game was very enjoyable. I'm interested to see how the MC and Jennifer's relationship develops. I look forward to the next update.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Dr Secz

Doing good with the story,keep it like that. Dont rush... Invest a bit in graphics,animations. Make us want more and more content. Surprise players.
    You are on a good way to make it excellent. I havent seen story like this in other games. Put in some more caracters in future,but not so soon. Make me want it to play every update.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

2382dudubes

v0.4
    Very noticeable that the developer is not fluent in English, pretty poor writing throughout. It's legible, but a bit annoying.

Models are mediocre and not very expressive (e.g. text will state (winks) but the model doesn't wink.) The golden rule of "Show, don't tell" is ignored.

Only some scenes in the beginning have any music/sound, most sequences are entirely silent.
    Some sound effects don't stop when they are supposed to if you are a fast reader, it will still make the noises from many frames ago that are no longer relevant.

Plot: you finish school and move to your brother, who is married to a young, hot, kind but air headed chick. Brother is a grumpy asshole and the marriage is already lame upon arrival.

There are no scenes except a short "handjob" (bare sliding loop), nothing else. No content yet, so wait.

Overall, barely average.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Gosamr

Very enjoyable thus far. The premise is solidly setup and nicely introduced. Getting an early read on the characters of brother and wife it is very difficult to believe the couple could ever have got as far as marriage, but the prospects the current situation offers are more than enough temptation for me to grant all the latitude in credibility the creator decides he/she needs to take in order to deliver his payload. So, with that in mind, there is in prospect a significant flow of warm and playful intimacy to come.

It does seem extremely likely (but I do hope we get actual proof in advance) that the mc's brother is already cheating on his wife Jennifer, which, having previously witnessed her no-nonsense ability for pin-point payback on her husband, will hopefully land her, in full-bloodedly righteous retaliation, in our lucky mc's welcoming bed.

So, I am really looking forward to developments between two very nice people whose easy going temperaments, reciprocal appreciation and, of course, mutual physical and emotional attraction are, despite their best efforts at restraint, forging an increasingly irresistible connection between them.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

privitude

Great premise. Decent renders. Horrible dialogue. It's clear that English is not the developer's first language, which is just fine, but for a project like this, recruiting an editor/proof-reader would improve the game by leaps and bounds. The broken dialogue is incredibly distracting.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

TheDwayneTrain

As of v.0.2, there's not much gameplay or progress, so to speak, but there's a really nice base that's being built to set up this romance. The love interest is very cute and sexy and the moments of flirting are well done. There's also some depth in the relationship with the brother that could make for intriguing plot strings, but I'm also a little confused as to what paths will eventually be laid out for the MC in regards to how he treats both other characters. Other than that, a superb start!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

usernombre89

I liked the story a lot; the game is in an early stage so i cannot say for sure if it's going to be end up good, but for what i've played (v0.2) it looks very promising.

The story is cliche that's for sure but I think for now it's been executed pretty well. The sister in law model looks good to me too.