VN - Ren'Py - My Brother's Wife [v0.10.1] [Beanie Guy Studio]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Maestro91

Edited for:
    v0.2 - v0.3 - v0.4

Complete waste of time.

Starts out as a choice-based VN with choices having no effect on the relationship points, after initial day is over and you're settled in you are treated to a lazy and empty openworld with no indication of what to do and where to go other than two locations that ends freeroam, after this we are back to the choicebased VN and points are finally rewarded, sorta..

Assets come across as underworked and even unfinished.
    As far as content there is none, apart from a tame voyeur scene containing a lukewarm handjob with no finish.

Characters are boring and nothing not seen before in a hundred other games like it before.
    -Asshole husband (with a magical beard)
    -Neglected wife
    -Cliché protagonist that is better than the husband (his brother) in every way 'cept for his wallet.
    On that note, MC seems to be more reserved with a bit of a perverse thought pattern but nothing that make it seem like the MC you see in the title screen. I've a feeling when more juicier scenes will be added it'll feel out of left field with how tame the first two updates are so far.

Writing and grammar is not great but notcompletely terrible as I've seen worse.
    As for story, it initially starts out like you'd think but never takes off. MC graduates, moves into his brothers house with him and his wife.
    If I read it right they've been married for two years... So how they would have meet and have even stayed together for so long with how they treat each other I certainly have no idea.
    MC and sister-in-law have apparantly never met but hits it off right away. (imo would have been much better if the marriage had started a long time ago so MC actually knows the wife and some longterm one-sided infatuation would be present instead)
    After this nothing of note happens and MC and wife is left alone and bond further, a nosy neighbor(cue slutty cougar) watches from afar andboth the day and game ends with even more nothing having happened.

Choices in 0.3 apparantly as I see it still doesn't matter as far as love/sub points go.

0.4 keep the boring-trend going, but at least there is an actual lewd scene this time, only a h**d-job and not that exciting tbh, but still something.
    Idk what it is, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get some of the choices to activate. Because of the terrible point system there is also no clear indication if I simply don't have enough dom/love Ps to see it.
    But I suspect its just badly coded and a bug probably.
    Bottom line: Literally still a waste of time.

I'll give it 2/5 since 1 star reviews are reserved for literally unplayable games.
    This one is just boring and uninspired.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

m0us3r

Basically, you live with your asshole brother, and you choose how much of an asshole to be to him and to his wife.

He is grumpy, busy and disregarding others. She is bored and disenchanted. The atmosphere in the game is boredom and uneasiness.

In the first two days all the erotic content was one brief voyer scene (she gives him a bit of a handjob).

Females aren't ugly, but not too attractive either.

There are silly errors in the game code and dialog, and the brother magically swaps between being shaved and having a beard.

Free roam is empty: you can't even use your laptop ("I don't see what I could do") or the gym, the pool etc. As of v0.2, it's still much like a sloppy demo. Playing it I feel wasting my time.

I fail to see anything interesting in this game, so I give it 2 stars. I wanted to be generous and give it 3, but some other guys have already been too generous, giving it 5.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

I like it, and I want to like it, but at the same time I'm also a bit disappointed.

The setup is very promising, the characters look good (although the MC is one of those standard guys) and the dialogue feels realistic. Overall I got the feeling that this could really become something special. That this game would be more original and realistic than many similar games. But in the end it contained the same generic bullshit as all the other ntr/cheating games.

The most annoying thing is the character of your brother. Apparently there's a standard rule in these games that the other male love interest(s) always has to be the biggest dickhead you can possibly imagine. I understand that the dev wants to create tension between the characters, but this is simply too much.

Your brother is a rude jackass who treats you and his wife like crap and has exactly zero positive qualities. Instead of wondering how you can 'steal' his wife you're just constantly asking yourself how those two ever got married in the first place. Seducing her doesn't feel like an achievement at all. Even a can of tomato soup is more charismatic than your brother.

Second are the choices and how they influence the story. Or rather, how they don't. On my first playhthrough I was super nice to my brother and his wife. On my second playthrough I acted like a complete asshole, and the story turned out to be exactly the same (with some small dialogue changes). I don't really care if the story is linear but if that's the case then I don't see why you get any choices to begin with.

Now, I see how this review may not seem to pair with a 4 star rating but I do think the game has potential. I like the setting and I like how the MC is not a complete sex-addicted monkey, in contrast to most of these games. It is still early and I hope the negative points will improve over time.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

weretiger

Really nice start for this game. The story beginns slowly and build up a nice tension. The graphic is not the best, but good. The female model is unique, the MC looks like often seen in other games, but that doesn´t disturb the gameplay. This game has from my point of view the chance to become a great one. I will try future updates too...
  5. 5.00 star(s)

oszapo25

The game has great possibilities to tell tales about fidelity, betrayal, conflicts, plots, alliance and fraternal collaboration, to tell stories about cheatings, cuckoldings and swingings, as about shaping a family with members sticking together. The first part is promising: the characters are hot, the story and, the animation and the voice effects are well done. I love the status point system as an immediate feedback after choosing : it is simple and spectacular.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

D Dog

For a demo, this game has an outstanding foundation in regards to the story, images, and character interaction with the MC. The story itself is interesting that can be played multiple ways, that makes you want to have multiple play throughs. I will be watching this game very closely, and can't wait for the next update. Keep up the good work.