• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed My Catgirl Maid Thinks She Runs the Place [v1.0] [Uncle Artie]

4.90 star(s) 13 Votes

The Freakiest

Apr 27, 2020
Have you ever thought about asking people to help with projects? Collaboration is very helpful, and particularly when the project in question is taking a long time. Honestly, it normally speeds up the process by 2.5x on average if you change from one editor to two editors.

The Freakiest

Apr 27, 2020
Also, it may be nice to have a set of extra hands to continue working on the project when you aren't. Small projects aren't the kind of thing you would think could be difficult, but they actually are. Most notably, when small corrections are made from someone else's view, it can really sharpen everything. Also, I am looking for someone who is willing to help me with a javascript game, featuring an enormous temple and a strict top-down view. I really need someone else on the team, it is a really big game, and its sequel is even more enormous, so it would be nice to have assistance.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Have you ever thought about asking people to help with projects? Collaboration is very helpful, and particularly when the project in question is taking a long time. Honestly, it normally speeds up the process by 2.5x on average if you change from one editor to two editors.
No worries there. I work with 3 other people on this project.

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
It looks like the folder name for Chapter 2 is the same as Chapter 1, does the Chapter 2 file contain Chapter 1 as well?

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
It looks like the folder name for Chapter 2 is the same as Chapter 1, does the Chapter 2 file contain Chapter 1 as well?
It should be two different folders. Chapter 1 should have Ch1 at the end of the folder name and Chapter 2 should have Ch2. I'll double check them again and make sure it all matches up

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
It should be two different folders. Chapter 1 should have Ch1 at the end of the folder name and Chapter 2 should have Ch2. I'll double check them again and make sure it all matches up
I'm seeing that both zip files have chapter names, but the folder in the archive is called "MyCatgirlMaidThinksSheRunsthePlace-1.0-pc". I downloaded from Mega if there's a difference.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
I'm seeing that both zip files have chapter names, but the folder in the archive is called "MyCatgirlMaidThinksSheRunsthePlace-1.0-pc". I downloaded from Mega if there's a difference.
I see what you mean. It's just the way the folders were named. Each chapter is it's own individual game so the chapter 2 download will only have chapter 2 in it.

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
Art is good. Story is decent so far but I would like to see a bit more direction. Day to day life is fine for now though.

reznar

Mar 14, 2018
Just saw that this was updated, downloaded and played once I could.

If we cannot have headpats while Cynthia is awake, head scratches and sleeping headpats are very good substitute.

Nicely done, I hope our main character learns how to appreciate the help and, maybe, help out Cynthia a bit? As a note, I hope we see some character deelopment beyond "let's not throw our dirty clothes everywhere?" out of MC, since they're starting to verge on the pathetic.

Either way, I'm still enjoying this, even if it is just a linear slice of life, it's a fun, linear, slice of life dammit!

(Also, the Pet the Kitty Moment = Chef Kiss, amazing; as someone with a Cat/Dog/Furry Animal allergy, that's almost exactly what the "inner dialog box" looks like)

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleArtie

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Just saw that this was updated, downloaded and played once I could.

If we cannot have headpats while Cynthia is awake, head scratches and sleeping headpats are very good substitute.

Nicely done, I hope our main character learns how to appreciate the help and, maybe, help out Cynthia a bit? As a note, I hope we see some character deelopment beyond "let's not throw our dirty clothes everywhere?" out of MC, since they're starting to verge on the pathetic.

Either way, I'm still enjoying this, even if it is just a linear slice of life, it's a fun, linear, slice of life dammit!

(Also, the Pet the Kitty Moment = Chef Kiss, amazing; as someone with a Cat/Dog/Furry Animal allergy, that's almost exactly what the "inner dialog box" looks like)
Ah anime protags, they're so...anime protag like haha

It does serve a purpose in these early chapters as the spotlight is on our girl, Cynthia, here. Our MC will develop on a more subtle note in comparison.

Their biggest hurdle right now is just becoming comfortable with everything. They went from being depressed with their job and life to living with a half naked fantasy creature haha A switch so sudden like that can leave you completely frozen. Especially if they're as energetic and positive as Cynthia haha

You'll notice the MC "waking up" a bit more in the next couple of chapters as they start contributing and even creating some scenes.

(I have to resist the urge sometimes to planning an entire chapter for petting the kitties. I know that allergy well haha)

Reactions: ArbitraryUsername
4.90 star(s) 13 Votes