• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed My Catgirl Maid Thinks She Runs the Place [v1.0] [Uncle Artie]

4.90 star(s) 13 Votes

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
Finished chapters one and two, going to save the third for when there's more content. For those wondering they're short and sweet, each chapter takes ~20-30 minutes in a single sitting. It's really jarring when Cynthia refers to MC as they though, guess he's got moobs and she's not sure what he is.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Finished chapters one and two, going to save the third for when there's more content. For those wondering they're short and sweet, each chapter takes ~20-30 minutes in a single sitting. It's really jarring when Cynthia refers to MC as they though, guess he's got moobs and she's not sure what he is.
The plan for the final game is you'll be able to choose male or female depending if you wanted to play it straight or as a yuri. Male will be the default for now for budget reasons, but the "theys" are there so I don't have to change everything when I put the second gender in at the end of the game.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
The ket can open fridges and tins herself anyway (yay for opposable thumbs) so the servant has even less significance than usual; indifference to minor details is to be expected. /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\

Dunfred

Mar 22, 2018
It may be easier for you for when you add the second gender, but it really reads bad when "she rested a hand on their shoulder".
Are the They's, Their, and other gender bender crap going to stay after you add the other gender?
If i were to buy a book and the author used "they" instead of him/her/his/hers etc, i would take it back and get my money back with the book unread. Its poor writing meant to appease a few vocal idiots that want to ruin everything for everyone else.

Smol Dragon

Jan 17, 2020
Not sure your inspiration for the game, it reminds me a bit of Miss Kobayoshi's Dragon Made and Helpful Fox Senko-san with a little My Roommate is a cat thrown in. I agree with the wholesomeness, looking forward to how their relationship grows.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Are the They's, Their, and other gender bender crap going to stay after you add the other gender?
Yes.

Not sure your inspiration for the game, it reminds me a bit of Miss Kobayoshi's Dragon Made and Helpful Fox Senko-san with a little My Roommate is a cat thrown in. I agree with the wholesomeness, looking forward to how their relationship grows.
Miss Kobayoshi's Dragon Maid and Helpful Fox Senko-San were the inspirations. I'll have to check out My Roommate is a Cat. Sounds like it could be fun.

Reactions: Smol Dragon

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
I uploaded a small hotfix for Chapter 3 to fix the reported spelling mistakes and to try and smooth out the klunkiness of the "they" pronouns for the player character. It should be a lot smoother to read through now.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Its poor writing meant to appease a few vocal idiots that want to ruin everything for everyone else.
Serves a real purpose when translating from languages with gender-neutral pronouns (Japanese being a notable example), particularly in contexts where the ambiguity is a plot point, tho.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Small update: The UI has been upgraded and I went through Ch1-3 and cleaned up a lot of the spelling and grammar errors.

• Red Heart

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Chapter 4 is up.

A quick message to anyone that was playing a female MC up to this point, it's going to be a bit of a wait before we can get the art together for the yuri h-scenes. We needed to focus on one while we put out the chapters and just based on popular comments, it made more sense to start with the male MC's route. I'm sorry it will take a little bit, but please bear with us.

reznar

Mar 14, 2018
Whoa, looks like Generic Anime Male may start to have some.... character growth!?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The plot is developing and I'm all sorts of ready for Chapter 5!

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 13 Votes