Mod Ren'Py My Dorm Multi-Mod [v0.12 + Part 2 fixes][RiamMar]

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Wait, just to clarify, if I have v0.9B, and I want to throw in v0.9B_fix2, do I need to first overwrite 9b with 9b_fix1?

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Wait, just to clarify, if I have v0.9B, and I want to throw in v0.9B_fix2, do I need to first overwrite 9b with 9b_fix1?
Not sure if :KEK: or :HideThePain:...

Installation steps for a new installation:
  1. Follow the games installation instructions
  2. Follow the mods installation instructions
  3. Overwrite the MyDorm/game folder with the game folder found in MultiMod v0.9B ModFix 2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ModFix 2 is, as the archives name and the description above the links says, a fix-only. It only contains the files for a "Martha bug" a certain someone found.

Installation steps for a game or mod update:
Because of some changes in the renaming mechanism, follow "Installation steps for a new installation".

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Not sure if :KEK: or :HideThePain:...

Installation steps for a new installation:
  1. Follow the games installation instructions
  2. Follow the mods installation instructions
  3. Overwrite the MyDorm/game folder with the game folder found in MultiMod v0.9B ModFix 2
ModFix 2 is, as the archives name and the description above the links says, a fix-only. It only contains the files for a "Martha bug" a certain someone found.

Installation steps for a game or mod update:
Because of some changes in the renaming mechanism, follow "Installation steps for a new installation".
So, to summarize: Yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
walktrough doesnt work
The walkthrough is part of the game itself.
Note that not all choices will have a walkthrough information added, especially in the beginning.
The first choice with a WT is, if I recall correctly, one of the movie nights with Martha where you can open/close her route.

kinghell

Jul 24, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name ('game/modules/decisions/styles/text.rpy', 1680185217, 62) is defined twice, at game/modules/decisions/styles/text.rpy:4 and game/modules/decisions/styles/text.rpy:4.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 487, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 463, in check_name
raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
ScriptError: Name ('game/modules/decisions/styles/text.rpy', 1680185217, 62) is defined twice, at game/modules/decisions/styles/text.rpy:4 and game/modules/decisions/styles/text.rpy:4.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

Fri Mar 31 01:30:50 2023

getting this error with both the fixes..

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 487, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "Q:\System\Games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2.75-pc\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 463, in check_name
raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

Fri Mar 31 01:30:50 2023

getting this error with both the fixes..
Hi, thanks for the report. It sounds like you have installed part of the mods styles in two different locations. Maybe there is an old installation still present?
Can you please navigate to the following folder: Path\To\MyDorm\game
and check if there is a "mods" or "game" folder in that "game" folder?

If there is a "mods" folder, delete it.
E.g: Path\To\MyDorm\game\mods

If there is a "game" folder, you have to move that into the root
E.g: Path\To\MyDorm\game\game

See this post and expand the spoiler in it, to see a screenshot of how the folder structure should look like.

Can you make a screenshot of your game directory?

Another try to fix this, if you overwrote an older version of the mod, to delete the modules folder and copy the new modules folder from the archive.

Edit: Corrected the link to the post with the screenshots of the folder structure.

Last edited:

kinghell

Jul 24, 2017
Hi, thanks for the report. It sounds like you have installed part of the mods styles in two different locations. Maybe there is an old installation still present?
Can you please navigate to the following folder: Path\To\MyDorm\game
and check if there is a "mods" or "game" folder in that "game" folder?

If there is a "mods" folder, delete it.
E.g: Path\To\MyDorm\game\mods

If there is a "game" folder, you have to move that into the root
E.g: Path\To\MyDorm\game\game

See this post and expand the spoiler in it, to see a screenshot of how the folder structure should look like.

Can you make a screenshot of your game directory?

Another try to fix this, if you overwrote an older version of the mod, to delete the modules folder and copy the new modules folder from the archive.
Thanks for the response. I just downloaded the latest version - 9B.2.95 and it works fine. My apologies if I confused you or wasted your time.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Thanks for the response. I just downloaded the latest version - 9B.2.95 and it works fine. My apologies if I confused you or wasted your time.
Confusion... yes... But that's probably my brains default state. Apologies accepted. :ROFLMAO:

In earnest, you're most welcome and no problem at all.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
You got an android version??
Modded? No, not currently. I will check with TropecitaGames and ask them if they modded the android port. Else, I'll try to make one when I get back home, if it's not too late, or on Monday.

Edit 1: Talked with Trope and they said, it will be pre-modded from v0.10A onward. So I'll make an APK and post it here later or tomorrow. (Dunno if I find a wifi to download the game here. Only got the mod repo on my laptop and can't "waste" my precious mobile quota to download the full game. :oops:)

Edit 2: Looks like Trope is a dear and while compiling a supporter release this night will also make the modded APK. Probably release in the games thread, maybe even linked here in a reply.

Last edited:

Rjwhite1227

Feb 14, 2021
Does the choices tab not work right away? I started a fresh install and mod and when I'm in the game and go to decisions and select choice I get this error.

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
[Previous line repeated 1 more time]
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 3, in execute
screen MyDormChoices ():
screen MyDormChoices ():
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 10, in execute
frame:
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 12, in execute
side "c r":
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 14, in execute
viewport id "MyDormMenuTabScroller":
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 17, in execute
hbox style "MyDormMenuContent":
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 18, in execute
if not main_menu: # we are in the game
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 20, in execute
for myDormCharacter, myDormChoices in sorted (myDormDecisionsSettings ["choices"].items ()):
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 24, in execute
hbox style "MyDormMenu_label":
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 25, in execute
textbutton myDormCharacter:
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 992, in _textbutton
text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1594, in __init__
self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1712, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 236, in __getitem__
raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'kat' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
My Dorm v0.9B.2
Sun Apr 9 12:40:54 2023
[/code]

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Does the choices tab not work right away? I started a fresh install and mod and when I'm in the game and go to decisions and select choice I get this error.

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
[Previous line repeated 1 more time]
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
screen MyDormChoices ():
screen MyDormChoices ():
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 10, in execute
frame:
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 12, in execute
side "c r":
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 14, in execute
viewport id "MyDormMenuTabScroller":
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 17, in execute
hbox style "MyDormMenuContent":
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 18, in execute
if not main_menu: # we are in the game
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 20, in execute
for myDormCharacter, myDormChoices in sorted (myDormDecisionsSettings ["choices"].items ()):
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 24, in execute
hbox style "MyDormMenu_label":
File "game/modules/decisions/screens/Choices.rpy", line 25, in execute
textbutton myDormCharacter:
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 992, in _textbutton
text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1594, in __init__
self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1712, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
File "D:\vn games\MyDorm-v0.9B.2-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 236, in __getitem__
raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'kat' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
My Dorm v0.9B.2
Sun Apr 9 12:40:54 2023
[/code]
That's probably Kat's tab, looking at the NameError at the end. I think that name is first defined in v0.9A.
I'll re-add the links for v0.9B. Check the OP in a few minutes, if the download says v0.9B download fix1 and fix2 and install them in that order. Fix 2 is only needed if you renamed Martha, since I hard coded her name at one or two points in her tab.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Added links to Mod v0.9B again. Also fixed and re-uploaded Mod v0.10A.

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
You got an android version??
I just compiled and uploaded both Android versions for v.0.9B.3 (the 3 at the end is exclusive of this version) with RiamMar's mod embedded.
Here you have the links. Please, download the same version you played previously (incest/no-incest) or the game won't recognize your saves:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
*Starts making bets on how many people will ask for the mod update when 10A drops ...*
I already planned on updating the thread, so that at least those that look at the "Thread updated: XXXX...." won't ask.
I still have to find a way to highlight the compatibility with bug fixes, without having the OP look as colourful as a chrismas tree. :censored:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I already planned on updating the thread, so that at least those that look at the "Thread updated: XXXX...." won't ask.
I still have to find a way to highlight the compatibility with bug fixes, without having the OP look as colourful as a chrismas tree. :censored:
hug-love-smaller.gif *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

• Red Heart

knight5946

Oct 20, 2017
I just compiled and uploaded both Android versions for v.0.9B.3 (the 3 at the end is exclusive of this version) with RiamMar's mod embedded.
Here you have the links. Please, download the same version you played previously (incest/no-incest) or the game won't recognize your saves:

Can you put this in the main posting links? So it can be found MUCH easier but thanks for making this :)

EDIT: oops I didnt,look back on the OP page to see if they were there

• Haha
Reactions: RiamMar and Trope95