SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
This thread has definitely been giving me some good chuckles today, I love the passion for Erika, she's amazing after all. :love:

I'm really looking forward to this update, especially knowing that Martha is a big part of it, and that we finally get to have a long awaited discussion. :giggle:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
In v.0.10B, going public in 3 days, the LIs who appear (current and future, in approximate order of appearance):
* Meemaw
* Martha
* Aunt Betty
* Emma
* Erika
* Daphne
* Norah
* Kim
* Lisa
* Scarlett
* Debbie
* Kate
* Megan
You're just trying to trigger me now, aren't you ...

But putting that aside, I have a side question that has nothing to do with anything important, but continues to scratch at my proverbial brow every time I'm about to start your game ...

... Why is there an ico file of Samantha in the main folder, which isn't the icon of the game, and doesn't seem to be attached to anything, and makes me do a double-take before I start the game every time ('cause it's called "My Dorm" and the game is "MyDorm" so it's right above the exe file)?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SlapE

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
This thread has definitely been giving me some good chuckles today, I love the passion for Erika, she's amazing after all. :love:

I'm really looking forward to this update, especially knowing that Martha is a big part of it, and that we finally get to have a long awaited discussion. :giggle:
The best community provides the best chuckles!
Martha is a so big part of the update that I needed to read my notes to not forget any of the other girls showing up!!

You're just trying to trigger me now, aren't you ...

But putting that aside, I have a side question that has nothing to do with anything important, but continues to scratch at my proverbial brow every time I'm about to start your game ...

... Why is there an ico file of Samantha in the main folder, which isn't the icon of the game, and doesn't seem to be attached to anything, and makes me do a double-take before I start the game every time ('cause it's called "My Dorm" and the game is "MyDorm" so it's right above the exe file)?
Trigger you??? Me??? I'm a good guy needing an angel emoji, so he's a screenshot of one 1685949017941.png

The Samantha icon is there because when 0.7B was published the game didn't have an icon yet (it used Ren'py default one). 0.7B gave some false positives with some antivirus because the .exe was the Ren'py standard one and it was tagged as a virus. I tried to change the exe's hashtag including a custom icon (Samantha's) to avoid that, but it didn't work, still false positives. I haven't removed it because... I'm an old man and I forgot about it.
Why Samantha's icon? Because I was working on her date when the antivirus thing happened and I just made her sticker for the Discord server, so it served also for the test.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
You are a heretic who renamed Martha??? :ROFLMAO:
Honestly, I renamed all the renamable characters. I love the girls, but the default names range from "actively a turnoff" (Martha, Norah) through "too generic" (Emma, Erika) to "eh, don't care much, but not a fan" (Daphne). Luckily, almost all the non-renamable girls' names are fine except one (Patty), and I'll just use URM to change that one. There's another non-renamable I changed via URM, too (Debbie), but that one's not your fault; my stepmom's name is Debbie, and I don't ever want to romance someone in an AVN with that name.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, all not-Martha's aside, that was a fun update. The overuse of Westley quotes and side-eyes was hilarious, not to mention the progress made on the harem formation was fun.

I still feel like I should get some inspiration credit or something ... :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: TropecitaGames

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
There's another non-renamable I changed via URM, too (Debbie), but that one's not your fault; my stepmom's name is Debbie, and I don't ever want to romance someone in an AVN with that name.
I get you, but considering the game you're playing, I still had to chuckle at that ... That said, I wouldn't choose any name of someone I know well enough to have to look at them side-eye the day after a game session (at least not consciously ...)

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I get you, but considering the game you're playing, I still had to chuckle at that ... That said, I wouldn't choose any name of someone I know well enough to have to look at them side-eye the day after a game session (at least not consciously ...)
I mean, I've got relatives whose names I wouldn't change in AVNs. :D

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Honestly, I renamed all the renamable characters. I love the girls, but the default names range from "actively a turnoff" (Martha, Norah) through "too generic" (Emma, Erika) to "eh, don't care much, but not a fan" (Daphne). Luckily, almost all the non-renamable girls' names are fine except one (Patty), and I'll just use URM to change that one. There's another non-renamable I changed via URM, too (Debbie), but that one's not your fault; my stepmom's name is Debbie, and I don't ever want to romance someone in an AVN with that name.
Except for Saira, Eileen, Kiara, Kalyani, Norah, Kate, and Erika, the rest of the names are more or less random or directly the name of the Daz3D base model (Emma, Scarlett).
I usually like two (phonetic) syllable names for girls and one-syllable names for guys when I write in English or names that can be reduced/contracted (Samantha <> Sam, Erika <> Eri). Patty will be called Patricia more often than Patty, since the second was how she was called as a teenager.

Okay, all not-Martha's aside, that was a fun update. The overuse of Westley quotes and side-eyes was hilarious, not to mention the progress made on the harem formation was fun.

I still feel like I should get some inspiration credit or something ... :cautious:
The only Westley quote used on purpose was "As you wish" and I don't remember in what update I used "inconceivable", but I love that movie, so perhaps some unconscious use of quotes may have slipped.

Yeah, the inspiration credit is yours (among others)! :ROFLMAO: A great community like this one provide a lot of ideas.

Imagine playing Erika's beach scene with RL Erica proofreading it by my side. Erika is loosely based on Erica, and the MC uses a lot of my sentences... awkward but hilarious.

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Are you Assman or Boobman ? (depending on the answer we can share) let's hope they cut her Horizontal not Vertical :unsure:
(At the risk of opening myself up to ridicule...) Seriously??!! Think about my signature graphic, and the other (primary) "lewd-iverse*" you know me from (yes, I know there's more than one other one)... Obviously a boob-man... boobjobs (& deepthroats) FTW!!

* I'm pretty sure I just invented the term lewd-iverse, so I'm claiming the copyright for it right now!

4.00 star(s) 88 Votes