jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I feel I haven't done a lot of work, because I haven't done a lot of work.
Well, at least the meds aren't altering your perception of reality. :LOL:

*In the real world* Once is more than enough
Someone has quite hatred for hearing things more than once, eh? We can rest easy knowing that this guy will never post in this thread again, because that would be very repetitive and he would prove himself to be an utter hypocrite who would deserve an instant Ignore. (y) I'm rooting for you, buddy! Stay true to your principles and prove your superiority to all us bootlickers by never posting here again! :cool:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
*In the real world* I came to hate this very quickly.
*In the real world* Once is more than enough, and it would probably be better to switch to a picture of the player, even a static one and then back to the character.
*In the real world* Some things look very much good in your head, but you just gave anyone with OCD/ADHD an aneurism.
*In the real world* Please never do this again.

It's a minor but consistent annoyance in a very much good story you're building here, one I have enjoyed up until this point.

*In the real world* I turn off all music and most sounds in games because repetition like this grates on my nerves and tears me away from any semblance of a story.
*In the real world* Once was enough, you hit overkill very quickly and if you run a dnd campaign like this, I would feel very sorry for your players.
*In the real world* If you ever feel like rewriting anything, I suggest this very phrasing. Take it out and please use the aforementioned way to make it more dynamic if you really have to, but this phrase turns your ingame story into a slog, and make it complete nonsense.
*In the real world* I'm not trying to be mean, but I really do hope I am making my point clearly.
I get that OCD is a real thing, and that triggers can be overwhelming to some people with OCD, but most people with OCD understand that the world isn't going to conform to their ideal and consequently have developed or learned means of effectively dealing with their triggers. That might be something to work on...

elbo911

Dec 1, 2018
I love this game, but I didn't like that constantly repeating 'in the real world' either. Everyone's mileage may differ obviously.

That guy just pointed out his grief (that I share) in an honest and quite visual way. I don't see anything rude there. So please stop being condescending douches just because someone dared to criticize your precious - again, in an absolutely non-rude way. Spamming offtopic here all day every day doesn't make you the end-all-be-all of everything. /rude

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I love this game, but I didn't like that constantly repeating 'in the real world' either. Everyone's mileage may differ obviously.

That guy just pointed out his grief (that I share) in an honest and quite visual way. I don't see anything rude there. So please stop being condescending douches just because someone dared to criticize your precious - again, in an absolutely non-rude way. Spamming offtopic here all day every day doesn't make you the end-all-be-all of everything. /rude
Maybe rude wasn't the right word, but it was certainly obnoxious.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022

Didn't realize you were the arbiter of rudeness...

• Haha
Reactions: HornyyPussy

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
Maybe rude wasn't the right word, but it was certainly obnoxious.
Thank you for the word I kept trying to think of when I ended up having to skip that enire "game" section. It truly was obnoxious, and if it was that bad when I typed it a few times, then the way more times it was typed in game was just as much if not more obnoxious.

Reactions: elbo911

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Thank you for the word I kept trying to think of when I ended up having to skip that enire "game" section. It truly was obnoxious, and if it was that bad when I typed it a few times, then the way more times it was typed in game was just as much if not more obnoxious.
But in the game it made sense in context. Even varying the words used wouldn't have helped because it was the sentiment that annoyed you and those like you, more than the words themselves used to express the sentiment.

Your repeated use of those words were simply spiteful. You'd already gotten your message across in your post, but kept doing it anyway. That's spite.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023

That's a pretty myopic way of looking at it (he agrees with me, QED his post can't possibly be rude) when his post is by his own definition rude.

A. He finds the repetition of the phrase** irritating.
B. He decides to make a post deliberately repeating the same phrase
C. His post is intentionally rude.

If A and B, then C. Basic logic.

His choice was to intentionally be irritating in his post (by his own definition of what is irritating). What else would any rational person call that but "rude"?? :unsure: And why would anyone be surprised to get irritated replies?? Smells more like a troll job than legitimate feedback anyway, since the **phrase wasn't dialogue or text as part of the story but simply a visual marker to differentiate between real dialogue and in-game DND character lines spoke by the MD characters. Maybe a graphic (icon) in the text box would have been "better" BUT (a) that would have been more technically tedious to set up, and (b) some clown would have bitched about that too, so why bother?

And who freaking cares anyway? The DND scene is over, so complaining about it when it has no bearing on anything to come in future updates is a waste of everybody's time, no?

One last question: since you defend an intentionally annoying post, where do you draw the line? Would it be OK to complain that someone spit on you by spitting on other people to demonstrate that spitting is not nice?

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
*In the real world* I came to hate this very quickly.
*In the real world* Once is more than enough, and it would probably be better to switch to a picture of the player, even a static one and then back to the character.
*In the real world* Some things look very much good in your head, but you just gave anyone with OCD/ADHD an aneurism.
*In the real world* Please never do this again.

It's a minor but consistent annoyance in a very much good story you're building here, one I have enjoyed up until this point.

*In the real world* I turn off all music and most sounds in games because repetition like this grates on my nerves and tears me away from any semblance of a story.
*In the real world* Once was enough, you hit overkill very quickly and if you run a dnd campaign like this, I would feel very sorry for your players.
*In the real world* If you ever feel like rewriting anything, I suggest this very phrasing. Take it out and please use the aforementioned way to make it more dynamic if you really have to, but this phrase turns your ingame story into a slog, and make it complete nonsense.
*In the real world* I'm not trying to be mean, but I really do hope I am making my point clearly.
I have ADHD and some OCD, it didn't bother me.

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
I have ADHD and some OCD, it didn't bother me.
Hence my use of the word "anyone" rather than "everyone", it really does present different in most everyone. I use deliberate words for a reason, because as irritated as things can make me I realize it doesn't apply to all.

Sidenote, I am extremely old school, if you assault me in any way, it will be returned. I do not consider text assault, just insulting in some cases.

elbo911

Dec 1, 2018
That's a pretty myopic way of looking at it (he agrees with me, QED his post can't possibly be rude) when his post is by his own definition rude.

A. He finds the repetition of the phrase** irritating.
B. He decides to make a post deliberately repeating the same phrase
C. His post is intentionally rude.

If A and B, then C. Basic logic.

His choice was to intentionally be irritating in his post (by his own definition of what is irritating). What else would any rational person call that but "rude"?? :unsure: And why would anyone be surprised to get irritated replies?? Smells more like a troll job than legitimate feedback anyway, since the **phrase wasn't dialogue or text as part of the story but simply a visual marker to differentiate between real dialogue and in-game DND character lines spoke by the MD characters. Maybe a graphic (icon) in the text box would have been "better" BUT (a) that would have been more technically tedious to set up, and (b) some clown would have bitched about that too, so why bother?

And who freaking cares anyway? The DND scene is over, so complaining about it when it has no bearing on anything to come in future updates is a waste of everybody's time, no?

One last question: since you defend an intentionally annoying post, where do you draw the line? Would it be OK to complain that someone spit on you by spitting on other people to demonstrate that spitting is not nice?
I won't argue about the definition of rudeness now. And obviously I'm not the arbiter of rudeness or anything else, same as anyone here. Still, in my opinion, irritating doesn't equal rude. I saw it kinda as a stylistic device, if that's the correct expression.

Also, I never made a logical connection between 'I agree with him' and 'He can't be rude'. You're suggesting that and you are wrong.

By your logic, all feedback, be it positive or negative, is a waste of time - stuff did already happen, why talk about it? Why even have these forums? I don't share that sentiment.

All in all, I don't agree with most of what you write and it gets tedious to find single points that even make enough sense to discuss about, so I'll just stop now.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I won't argue about the definition of rudeness now. And obviously I'm not the arbiter of rudeness or anything else, same as anyone here. Still, in my opinion, irritating doesn't equal rude. I saw it kinda as a stylistic device, if that's the correct expression.

Also, I never made a logical connection between 'I agree with him' and 'He can't be rude'. You're suggesting that and you are wrong.

By your logic, all feedback, be it positive or negative, is a waste of time - stuff did already happen, why talk about it? Why even have these forums? I don't share that sentiment.

All in all, I don't agree with most of what you write and I don't think

All in all, I don't agree with most of what you write and it gets tedious to find single points that even make enough sense to discuss about, so I'll just stop now.
Psst...you doubled your Post...;)

4.00 star(s) 118 Votes