Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 9] [CeLaVie Group]

3.30 star(s) 35 Votes

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Does anyone have a save available for the end of ep7 or start of ep8? Mine is stuck at ep8 first night, i can't sleep. Endless loop "This is my room"
Go to stat in upper left corner and skip to next episode. Money will remain

Minnimix

Jun 18, 2020
how do you trigger the 16:00 at the pool event in episode 1
u can trigger it at 10:00 in bobs room ... give Lynn money and use then "I would like to have 5 pictures of you in the pool"

P:S. info say Lynn is in school , but she is in bobs room

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
I got stuck in Chapter 2 repeating the same actions with Lynn for eight in-game months and it never completed, so I skipped the chapter and now everyone hates the MC forever and it became really annoying. :rolleyes:

i99ddiggler

Aug 3, 2017
Hi, I get this error when at the beginning of Ep7 17:00 pool event. Anybody knows how to fix this? ignore does not help.

Minnimix

Jun 18, 2020
Hi, I get this error when at the beginning of Ep7 17:00 pool event. Anybody knows how to fix this? ignore does not help.
it's an bug , but u can evade them.

- You have to have twice as much money as you offer ... bob money = min. 600$ , and offer 300$ .... so both win and u get in next step

Reactions: i99ddiggler

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
This is a good game, I'm enjoying it, and don't mind grindy games, as long as the reward is worth the grind. The story is good, the graphics are great, and the characters are fun.

My biggest issues are as follows:
* The hint system needs an improvement, as it tells me there's no more events, even though I might still have 10 events not found, and finding them is near impossible without the hints, so I end up skipping the remaining events in that chapter, which is a shame, simply because there's not enough active content remaining, to keep me interested enough to find the last few. So this is a balance issue more than anything, as those last few events seem to be too difficult compared to the rest - eg. you get events 10, 20, 30, 40, in quick succession at the start of the chapter, then mid-way through the chapter you get 50......60......70....., then at the end of the chapter, when you think you're finally about done, you get 80................................................................................................................90, etc. This massive gap in events, and lack of hints, can also lead to wondering if the GUI is bugged, or the events are bugged, causing me to oft check the decompiled data, which is just a silly thing to need to do, especially difficult for first-time players.

* Next would be that the 'skip seen dialogue' feature is missing in the later chapters, and this feature is essential in this type of game, to prevent boredom from repetitive event grind, as it's still a grind with skip enabled, but also to prevent actual physical injury in the form of Repetitive Strain Injury.

* I noticed the arousal stat didn't seem to be really a functional mechanic in the early chapters, and only really came into play in the last part. This is confusing, so needs to be throughout (as painful as that is to retroactively do), or not at all. Considering the grind already, this can make the game considerably harder, considerably increasing the amount of repetitions, especially as it comes about without much fanfare, and event progression can be locked behind it.

* Money. I understand why it is there, but the system needs a rebalance, so we're not paying $3k for a dick kiss. The MC is essentially burying himself in a hole he won't be able to sustain, as he's training the girls to be paid massive dollars to receive pleasure from the MC, instead of give it. The money should be a bypass for giving the girl's physical attention, like when you're lacking arousal; not a requirement on top. No one in their right mind would train someone that way. If arousal is high, and the girl is getting pleasured, then that should negate the payment, and payments should all be, at most, in the hundreds of dollars for maybe actual sex, not thousands of dollars for a kiss. There needs to be logical incentive for the girl to do more; if she's only getting $5 for a kiss, then maybe she'll push herself to do more, even if she doesn't want to, because she really likes the money. However, what are they spending it on, because the MC is buying their clothes and such. Giving them too much money would give them too much freedom and zero incentive to do stuff. This needs a logical overall, as well as interface overhaull. For starters, we shouldnt need to enter the value every time, if the incentive amount hasn't changed, and some simple preset buttons would be far more user friendly, as would automatic bank deduction, as who uses cash these days?

* The biggest issue, overall, would be that the grind is a little menacing, and will result in most people using cheats. I am using cheats myself, and even so, the grind is still massive. However, the cheats I use are for specific reasons, that are mostly annoyances. First, the money management is annoying, as we're constantly depositing and withdrawing money manually, through a terrible GUI, which is frustrating, so even if I have the money in the bank, it's easier to cheat, and ignore the banking mechanic, as it saves unnecessary clicking, and going back to the bedroom, adding to the grind duration. It's just unnecessary annoyance, especially considering the costs of the girls and how frequent we need big sums of cash. The second cheat, is for the already mentioned arousal system, which just piles on grind on top of the multiple grinds we have already, with the repeating events, and money earning system.

* The camera system is fairly inconsistent, sometimes when I think it will be there, it isn't, and sometimes when it shouldn't be there, it is. The icon is too hard to see, as it's dark and tucked away; considering it's a core mechanic, maybe there should be a camera overlay for the entire screen, when there's an active camera, as though you're looking through the view finder, but nothing that blocks the view; just so we know it's camera time.

* Studying, well, it's there to slow the game down, but the game is already very slow, without additional invisible study slowing down the game. It's not integrated into the story at all, the MC's bedroom isn't even the main exit point for events (The hallway is); this goes back to the annoyance of fund management; study is in the same category there. Study needs to be integrated to boost stats, like hacking, massage, etc are. Make it a continuous thing, beyond simply 'study', make it an integral part of stat boosting, allow us to use it to study business to increase profits, or study manipulation to reduce costs. This massively helps the player remember to do it (It would help to have stats displayed at all times). There are many other ways to add something like this, but first and foremost, make the MC's bedroom, the central location, the hallway is entirely unnecessary additional clicks, and reducing clicks is important for health and enjoyment.

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
How do you trigger the Linn-Eve photo shoot in episode 8?

billegacy

Mar 15, 2019
Stuck on episode 6, 94/95 events.
Missing 7:00 Eve's room.

I really don't know how to end this chapter...
I think you have to sleep in her Bed for some times but I don't know how many.I'm sorry.
Could you please help me with these 2 which I can't find?
09 00 at MC's room.Nothing happens.
13 00 at Boutique.Same here.
Many thanks!

Last edited:

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
This is a good game, I'm enjoying it, and don't mind grindy games, as long as the reward is worth the grind. The story is good, the graphics are great, and the characters are fun.

My biggest issues are as follows:
* The hint system needs an improvement, as it tells me there's no more events, even though I might still have 10 events not found, and finding them is near impossible without the hints, so I end up skipping the remaining events in that chapter, which is a shame, simply because there's not enough active content remaining, to keep me interested enough to find the last few. So this is a balance issue more than anything, as those last few events seem to be too difficult compared to the rest - eg. you get events 10, 20, 30, 40, in quick succession at the start of the chapter, then mid-way through the chapter you get 50......60......70....., then at the end of the chapter, when you think you're finally about done, you get 80................................................................................................................90, etc. This massive gap in events, and lack of hints, can also lead to wondering if the GUI is bugged, or the events are bugged, causing me to oft check the decompiled data, which is just a silly thing to need to do, especially difficult for first-time players.

* Next would be that the 'skip seen dialogue' feature is missing in the later chapters, and this feature is essential in this type of game, to prevent boredom from repetitive event grind, as it's still a grind with skip enabled, but also to prevent actual physical injury in the form of Repetitive Strain Injury.

* I noticed the arousal stat didn't seem to be really a functional mechanic in the early chapters, and only really came into play in the last part. This is confusing, so needs to be throughout (as painful as that is to retroactively do), or not at all. Considering the grind already, this can make the game considerably harder, considerably increasing the amount of repetitions, especially as it comes about without much fanfare, and event progression can be locked behind it.

* Money. I understand why it is there, but the system needs a rebalance, so we're not paying $3k for a dick kiss. The MC is essentially burying himself in a hole he won't be able to sustain, as he's training the girls to be paid massive dollars to receive pleasure from the MC, instead of give it. The money should be a bypass for giving the girl's physical attention, like when you're lacking arousal; not a requirement on top. No one in their right mind would train someone that way. If arousal is high, and the girl is getting pleasured, then that should negate the payment, and payments should all be, at most, in the hundreds of dollars for maybe actual sex, not thousands of dollars for a kiss. There needs to be logical incentive for the girl to do more; if she's only getting $5 for a kiss, then maybe she'll push herself to do more, even if she doesn't want to, because she really likes the money. However, what are they spending it on, because the MC is buying their clothes and such. Giving them too much money would give them too much freedom and zero incentive to do stuff. This needs a logical overall, as well as interface overhaull. For starters, we shouldnt need to enter the value every time, if the incentive amount hasn't changed, and some simple preset buttons would be far more user friendly, as would automatic bank deduction, as who uses cash these days?

* The biggest issue, overall, would be that the grind is a little menacing, and will result in most people using cheats. I am using cheats myself, and even so, the grind is still massive. However, the cheats I use are for specific reasons, that are mostly annoyances. First, the money management is annoying, as we're constantly depositing and withdrawing money manually, through a terrible GUI, which is frustrating, so even if I have the money in the bank, it's easier to cheat, and ignore the banking mechanic, as it saves unnecessary clicking, and going back to the bedroom, adding to the grind duration. It's just unnecessary annoyance, especially considering the costs of the girls and how frequent we need big sums of cash. The second cheat, is for the already mentioned arousal system, which just piles on grind on top of the multiple grinds we have already, with the repeating events, and money earning system.

* The camera system is fairly inconsistent, sometimes when I think it will be there, it isn't, and sometimes when it shouldn't be there, it is. The icon is too hard to see, as it's dark and tucked away; considering it's a core mechanic, maybe there should be a camera overlay for the entire screen, when there's an active camera, as though you're looking through the view finder, but nothing that blocks the view; just so we know it's camera time.

* Studying, well, it's there to slow the game down, but the game is already very slow, without additional invisible study slowing down the game. It's not integrated into the story at all, the MC's bedroom isn't even the main exit point for events (The hallway is); this goes back to the annoyance of fund management; study is in the same category there. Study needs to be integrated to boost stats, like hacking, massage, etc are. Make it a continuous thing, beyond simply 'study', make it an integral part of stat boosting, allow us to use it to study business to increase profits, or study manipulation to reduce costs. This massively helps the player remember to do it (It would help to have stats displayed at all times). There are many other ways to add something like this, but first and foremost, make the MC's bedroom, the central location, the hallway is entirely unnecessary additional clicks, and reducing clicks is important for health and enjoyment.
Thanks for your input.
Concerning the gameplay and spending money - please keep in mind that this is a full story - not a story that ends after each episode. Things that is said in episode 1 can have major effect in chapter 10 etc. Concerning money and how they are spend are in episode 10 already so you need to be patient.
If camera system fails - please let me know where it is and I'll fix it. Keep in mind that camera is present for 5 sec. If you don't click within 5 seconds the camera disappear. In the next episodes you'll find out that you need to handle your money in the right way - pictures to upload, withdraw etc - that's why I made it this way. The Hallway doesn't give you more clicks??
Grind! - Indeed and espeically if you don't read the dialogues and only want to skip to next option.
Celavie $ is not equivalent to USD so don't care about exchange rate as I don't know it :)
Anyhow - thank you for your input - I can for sure use some of them.
Have a great day

Reactions: Anakai Tenshi

SerhioXIX

Jan 11, 2021
Good day. I would like to add:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In general, I like your games, that's why I play them. Thanks for your hard work.

PS: I hope you can still hear us. Because in the same finished game, My First Love, I had a lot of errors, BUT fortunately, there was an open source and saves. Thanks again!

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Good day. I would like to add:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In general, I like your games, that's why I play them. Thanks for your hard work.

PS: I hope you can still hear us. Because in the same finished game, My First Love, I had a lot of errors, BUT fortunately, there was an open source and saves. Thanks again!
I'm aware about My First Love. Unfortunately I haven't had time to fix all the bugs yet.
In MEL I changed the engine to meet many players request for various indictions and smoother gameplay. It's tough to change anything in the new engine and I don't recommend it.
It's mentioned almost everywhere that you need to keep the girls arousal high if you want any progress so you'll know if you don't progress you might need to have a look at her arousal.
At home - sometimes I have to cleanmy house and cut my grass - at least 1 time per month eq to the release time of this game :)
If you're almost at the end of an episode you can always skip to next episode - just go to stat in upper left corner.

onitosan

Nov 20, 2021
This is a stupid ass response! Your game has a unrealistic massive over exaggerated grind system for every damn detail money+grind actions progression+grind reaching any real adult content=massive grind and then you throw in stupid ass unexplained secrets like chaining a needed event to a early required event like anyone can guess that shit. You miss the point of a "GAME" it to entertain and enjoy playing through a story lol if I want to solve puzzles and shit I would play a puzzle game not an adult game duh.
Maybe think more about doing something creative and better then previous improve the game from your previous trash don't repeat the same mistakes.
Make shyness drop as the girls do more stuff not just stay the same, Implement arousal stat into ep.1 and make it effect choices and give more messages in the room text from day 1 to send out to them to improve it. You could make feeling go above small from ep.1 as you unlock scenes the more you get the more it rises from 0-10 maybe none-love.
also don't need a scene to repeat 2-4 times before moving on would save a lot of work and time on renders if a bit of realness was used no girl lets you start doing oral then stops you that is just ridiculous if she was into to start you have to really suck for her not to want to finish and cum.
Don't get me wrong I like the concept and so far its a 3 star game just brutal honest and harsh fact you could make it a 10 star game easy as shit if you tried.
If you can't use your mind, go to pronhab and there, after one click, you don't have to do anything except look and move your hand. And don't bother people.

2010w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 87Gamer

jojotaro88

Mar 23, 2021
This is a stupid ass response! Your game has a unrealistic massive over exaggerated grind system for every damn detail money+grind actions progression+grind reaching any real adult content=massive grind and then you throw in stupid ass unexplained secrets like chaining a needed event to a early required event like anyone can guess that shit. You miss the point of a "GAME" it to entertain and enjoy playing through a story lol if I want to solve puzzles and shit I would play a puzzle game not an adult game duh.
Maybe think more about doing something creative and better then previous improve the game from your previous trash don't repeat the same mistakes.
Make shyness drop as the girls do more stuff not just stay the same, Implement arousal stat into ep.1 and make it effect choices and give more messages in the room text from day 1 to send out to them to improve it. You could make feeling go above small from ep.1 as you unlock scenes the more you get the more it rises from 0-10 maybe none-love.
also don't need a scene to repeat 2-4 times before moving on would save a lot of work and time on renders if a bit of realness was used no girl lets you start doing oral then stops you that is just ridiculous if she was into to start you have to really suck for her not to want to finish and cum.
Don't get me wrong I like the concept and so far its a 3 star game just brutal honest and harsh fact you could make it a 10 star game easy as shit if you tried.
DONT LIKE IT JUST FUCK OFF DUMBARSE

Reactions: 87Gamer
3.30 star(s) 35 Votes