Ren'Py My First Game "The Collector" - In Development

Nov 7, 2017
The Collector - Title Poster.png

I want to discuss about a game I'm working on while I don't have any updates or much info for it yet. I would be happy anyone to give me some suggestions or ideas for it. I'm going make my game dark, well it won't be too dark though like some other games on here. I definitely want to add some male domination, blackmail, corruption, submission, obedience, punishment and spanking to it though. I don't have a exact release date or when to release the first beta version of it.

I honestly never made a game before. I sort of figured out how to use DAZ 3D Studio and I'm also happy for anyone to help me find more assets and models for my game. I'm plan to make the actual game on Ren'Py with render scenes from DAZ 3D.

I'm still figuring out Ren'Py and watching tutorials while I make it. I think I want to make it a little bit as a sandbox and a trainer game or at least something simple where you can have multiple options, choices even replay options and hopefully no grinding or no cheats or a walkthrough required even come up with a good story. Well it will be like an interactive visual novel with a little sandbox to it like some of my favorite games on here.

I thought using Honey Select 2 to make my game while there are some great female models on there I found and not really a fan of anime but DAZ 3D has so better and realistic female models I found personally.

My main protagonist will be a male who you will be playing as, and you can name him whoever you want (well the default name will be "Nova Dark") and maybe the women/girls you capture, you can name them too or at least give them a nickname/pet/slave name while I might add some lesbian elements to my game too even maybe some horror elements.

My MC certainly won't be hideous unlike the one from the original Personal Assistant by JL Creation but a little bit creepy and suspicious like I got him here. I thought I would made him a little older. I'm still figuring out how I want the girls to look or which model sets I want.

Last edited:

KleptoLizard

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2018
If it's your first game my first bit of advice is to keep it as simple and small-scale as possible.
As Nutluck said, you might want to first practice how you format and present text.
Reading an adult VN shouldn't feel like a German philosophy treatise.

The DAZ store has daily freebies on rotation.
By just checking into the site each day you can snag more mesh assets.
Plus there's a ton of old stuff that's dirt cheap or just given away.
I would recommend using one of the older models in the short term since they have their corresponding clothing items at the heaviest discounts in the largest quantities.

Reactions: Dark Lord Nova
Nov 7, 2017
Sounds like you need to flesh it out a bit more.
Yeah it still needs work. I wanted to share what I want my MC to look and where I want my scenes take place.

I don't have advice for your game but I would say, break up the first post into paragraphs. Walls of text are hard to read and it will discourage people from bothering to read it that might otherwise give you some advice.
I appreciate for the advice about my first post. Writing wasn't always my strong suit but it has gotten better over the years and I have people and friends who has really like some of my writing especially some reviews I've wrote online.

There's nothing simple about this for a first time dev, so either find yourself a programmer or go simpler with a linear game.
If it's your first game my first bit of advice is to keep it as simple and small-scale as possible.
As Nutluck said, you might want to first practice how you format and present text.
Reading an adult VN shouldn't feel like a German philosophy treatise.

The DAZ store has daily freebies on rotation.
By just checking into the site each day you can snag more mesh assets.
Plus there's a ton of old stuff that's dirt cheap or just given away.
I would recommend using one of the older models in the short term since they have their corresponding clothing items at the heaviest discounts in the largest quantities.
Well this is my first time as a dev. I'm definitely making my game simple and take some inspiration from other games here.

Well my basic premise I have in mind you play a kidnapper, where you go around kidnap girls, women off the streets, dark alleys or dark woods, turn them your personal slaves and do whatever you want with them, make them dance, crawl, kneel and strip for you even spank them and I still want to come up with a good story besides making it as a sandbox and possibly some horror and super natural elements too, just make it more interesting.

I want something like between the Personal Assistant, Raptus, Friends in Need and particularly like the Point of No Return, Lust and Power or Bloodshift but of course something original and has more options and choices.

I might eventually let someone else take over my game and hoping they would make it better who has more experience. I have a good concept in my head which it may not transition well but I want to try.

Reason I want to make a game because there haven't been many games here that really close to my liking or interest while there are a few that have been pretty close like the ones I mentioned above.

Yeah I like some of the things from the DAZ 3D store but I like what Render HUD and other websites also have.

Last edited:

KleptoLizard

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2018
Well my basic premise I have in mind you play a kidnapper, where you go around kidnap girls, women off the streets, dark alleys or dark woods, turn them your personal slaves and do whatever you want with them, make them dance, crawl, kneel and strip for you even spank them and I still want to come up with a good story besides making it as a sandbox and possibly some horror and super natural elements too, just make it more interesting.
If you want a non-linear gameflow where you kidnap them in any order, have training progress, or other sandbox elements then Ren'Py might not be the most suitable tool.
I'm not a Ren'Py expert but my understanding is that it is for either linear or semi-linear-branching.
Lots of people here use it or have played games using it so perhaps they could give a better estimate of its limitations.
But you might want to consider Unity if what you're doing becomes too complex for strictly VN-focused tools.

CardinalRed

Amazing Dev
Game Developer
Sep 8, 2021
If you want a non-linear gameflow where you kidnap them in any order, have training progress, or other sandbox elements then Ren'Py might not be the most suitable tool.
I'm not a Ren'Py expert but my understanding is that it is for either linear or semi-linear-branching.
Lots of people here use it or have played games using it so perhaps they could give a better estimate of its limitations.
But you might want to consider Unity if what you're doing becomes too complex for strictly VN-focused tools.
Renpy is absolutely possible to be used in sandbox and non-linear games, it's just not very easy to do so. Imo if you are not using 3d graphics or something very complicated I even prefer it over Unity.

Nov 7, 2017
January 8th, 2023 Update:

My first update, the first look of my game. Well I've done few renders with my open scene of my game. I think I found my girls, models and the assets I need. Here is what I got for a moment so far. And I got my story sort of going. I'm still writing it. I made my front cover for it which you can see in my first post.

Open Scene - The Alley - Render 1.png Open Scene - The Alley - Render 2.png Open Scene - The Alley - Render 3.png

Nov 7, 2017
This looks like it could be fun.
Kidnaping, enslavement and mind break?
Yes please.
Start small.
Plan ahead.
Research.
Learn.
Be creative.
Work hard as if your ass is on fire.
Be lucky.

:giggle::coffee:
Well I thought would sort of structure it similar to some of my favorite games here and start from there since it would be easier for me. I appreciate the help, suggestions, tips and I'm happy you guys willing to give me more. I might have to get a new computer to speed up my renders though. I thought would work on my renders first then work the rest of my game with Ren'Py. There will be certainly kidnapping, enslavement and discipline for sure and I'm planning add some pregnancy. :giggle: :devilish:

Another male protagonist game? Wht wrong with another 8000 similar games here?
I don't know what's wrong with that. Lol. I know there are plenty of female protagonist games here too. I played a few of them even a few where they dominated males. However I prefer a dominate male character though because I'm a guy for one thing. Lol. I thought adding some lesbian scenes too and I might add a second protagonist that's a female that helps out my main character even have her as the narrator.

Reactions: Highland_Hunter
Oct 14, 2022
I appreciate the help, suggestions, tips and I'm happy you guys willing to give me more.
1: Keep it simple.
While i hate stories protraying the cops as incompetent fools who never do anything right.
Spending to much time of outsmarting the police will just distract from that gameplay.
Instead have a few trow away lines about having studied your victem.
Give a short discription on who she is and how long you expect the police to look for her before other crimes demand there attention.
Making it clear he is a proffesional that does his homework.

2: Use starvasion, thirst, isolasion and pain to break the girls.
No magic dick making her love being raped.

3: Make use of normal tools.
No connection to the criminal underworld or black market.
Make him a solo operatator that uses tools you can buy in a store as torture tools.

4: Have a few scenes about how much money you spend to keep your slave's fed.

Basicly you want to avoid the she loves being raped and enslaved part many stories do.

5: Have her do stuff like give up her pincode.
Have her reavel secret of family and friends.
You never going to use any of it.
But it is all about getting her to fear you to the point she rather obey then risk your wraith.

6: Have her become used to being used.
Make it clear she would escape if she could but since she can not she is trying to make the best of it.

I think it is best if you keep the game small and focused.
Able to finesh in a few hours.