VN Ren'Py My New Girlfriend [v0.3 Ch. 1] [CircleGames]

4.60 star(s) 37 Votes

Sonicfanx1

Jun 16, 2017
-Man the art looks really nice, I wonder who drew this-
-AI CG
-oh ok

In all seriousness, the art does look really good. Though I do hope you get a human artist on board later to correct the AI or iterate on it.

AI Art tend to use the same perspective shots and is generally a homogenization of all the data it's trained on. Even if the prompts are very specific and fine tuned, the resulting images feel kinda soulless.

That's kinda my 2 cents on the topic before playing the game. I ctrl skip through most games so the 2D art being genuinely good is something I put more importance on.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Alternate title: The Literal Violation of Twitch Streamers (starring Alinity, Pokimane and Amouranth, the triumvirate of the Twitch cancer)

Sonicfanx1

Jun 16, 2017
Yeah, this isn't it chief.
Even if the art were good

Awesome, Melkor Mancin works on this game!

Oh, stolen art...
And it appears like it was stolen.

There's barely a game/VN here and from what I have read the writing quality isn't that great either. It also appears to be written by AI as well? Even if it wasn't, the writing is very muddy and unsophisticated. I'm not really expecting Shakespeare here, but some proofreading and better sentence flow would do you wonders.

That aside, I don't think I'm going to be commenting on this any further. I doubt I'm going to be following this either since this feels like it's going to get 2-3 updates and then the dev's gonna quit and I don't really like AI Art even if it's good.

If you do decide to continue, I'd suggest you plot out the story and scenes. Draw out a chart for conversation paths and their requirements etc. Basically plan out everything. You don't have to finish the chart, just get to a point where you can comfortably write (or fucking prompt, idk/idc) the story. This way shit will flow better, scenes will make sense, and development time will take SIGNFICANTLY less time because you won't be making shit up on the spot. Well you will, because it's a chart, but at least you'll have a frame to work with.

Other than that, good luck. I'll go check out Melkor Mancin and if this gets like 10 more updates, I might check it out again.

Reactions: massifteetees

seth23

Aug 12, 2020
Really? I think you mean that in a sneaky and self serving way.
No rly. You've spent so much time in fascist online circles that you think about race way too much. And it's ruining your life. Hopefully you can get out of there. Once you change how you think about race and women, you'll be able to find real love and real friends and you'll realize just how badly your current brainrot has affected you. Good luck.

Cedo0099

Jun 29, 2019
The real art is by an artist called Melkor Mancin, he took ages to develop his skill, but the dev of this game takes far less time to feed it to the AI. Check out his comics, I particularly like Spades and Breaking In Tim.
Yeah totally! I went for the tag first and then .... no download for me. As i respect a little the work of some dev because their AI is configurated to not steal only 1 author but this one is so wrong.

I know that's not gonna to happen but do people realize they do something illegal?

Reactions: massifteetees

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
Right now there will not be anything avoidable, as experience comes, maybe one day I can create something more complex, or hire someone, sorry.
But what about the pregnancy and breeding potential? He kinda bundled that question into one, and your answer kind of leads me to believe you only answered the first part.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Yeah totally! I went for the tag first and then .... no download for me. As i respect a little the work of some dev because their AI is configurated to not steal only 1 author but this one is so wrong.

I know that's not gonna to happen but do people realize they do something illegal?
Unfortunately, the rules regarding legality of AI "art" is not very secure at this point. It's a very new thing and it moves fast, so seemingly "illegal" trends move fast too, such as the rampant use of stolen art like we see here. There's nothing we can do other than having the common sense or decency to not support things like this, in solidarity with the actual artists. And support honest devs that put in their effort 100%.

Weirdly enough, this dev claimed he is actually an artist, look at his long explanation on the first few pages, but why he won't use his own art, and choose Melkor Mancin to feed his AI, take your guess.

Reactions: Lucas90251

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
so, we are in a pirate-site and people complaining about the pictures looks like another artist.
did Melkor draw it himself? No? how many hours did Melkor spend to do "THIS" game? 0?
sure we are in AI-times and this is how it works. AI works like that, it need to be fed something.
like any human take inspiration from other artists, is that stealing as well? theres plenty of artists that uses similar styles. are all this people stealing? come on!

I don't mind that at all. the importance here is:
- is the art good?
- are there any oddity with the graphics? (its AI)
- the VN itself, story, grammar?

as for me I will "ONLY" give my opinion on my first "thought".
yet another "western" made ntr and its about a GF getting blacked. quite tired of that.
but the DEV wrote its not. so we will see in future releases. as for now I will wait until next to give a proper review.

citrone

Jul 17, 2023
so, we are in a pirate-site and people complaining about the pictures looks like another artist.
did Melkor draw it himself? No? how many hours did Melkor spend to do "THIS" game? 0?
sure we are in AI-times and this is how it works. AI works like that, it need to be fed something.
like any human take inspiration from other artists, is that stealing as well? theres plenty of artists that uses similar styles. are all this people stealing? come on!

I don't mind that at all. the importance here is:
- is the art good?
- are there any oddity with the graphics? (its AI)
- the VN itself, story, grammar?

as for me I will "ONLY" give my opinion on my first "thought".
yet another "western" made ntr and its about a GF getting blacked. quite tired of that.
but the DEV wrote its not. so we will see in future releases. as for now I will wait until next to give a proper review.
pirates being on that moral high horse is something else lmao
as always, the golden rule is: don't like it? don' play it

lowtierntrgod

Nov 4, 2018
is it me or did this ai look almost exclusively at MelkorMancin pictures?
i can clearly see where it gets its inspiration from here

Sonicfanx1

Jun 16, 2017
pirates being on that moral high horse is something else lmao
as always, the golden rule is: don't like it? don' play it
I mean, to be fair, this isn't a pirated copy lmao. The dev themselves came here and posted the link and there's no paywall.

Vlbc

Jul 23, 2022
Not a fan of kinetic novels, but huge fan of netorase, so... that will be a difficult one.

Hope for a option to change Mc's name at least.

Reactions: Claudio83
4.60 star(s) 37 Votes