WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
So uh

It seems old saves don’t work for the newest version…and you have to start a new game. Is that still true?

Did he do anything to make the game less grindey or progression any less slow and indirect?

If not, anyone got saves to just the new content and then caught up to at least the Lucy quest?

HableesDonne

Jan 15, 2018
At this point he should just release the build as is and let modders fix it. He might as well just drop this whole sex game development thing while he is at it as he obviously cant do shit

Reactions: jaredforks

VixenByte

Apr 18, 2024
I got stuck on the "Go to School" part, so out of curiosity I tried to fix it myself (even though SotN is amazing) and I think I did. I'm putting it here in case anyone wants to try fixing it themselves if they find this post, and maybe take the heat off SotN a bit.

In Map028.json, in Event 51 (EV051), a set of instructions (called a page) is meant to trigger automatically when you enter the school, which would make a loudspeaker announcement telling you to go to the Principal's Office.

The way the code works is that it first checks that the SCHOOLQUEST variable (variable #18) is set to 601, then checks that the MAINQUEST variable (variable #13) is set to 755. If MAINQUEST is not 755 yet, it turns on Self-Switch C. (Events have four self-switches, A, B, C, D, each.)

Self-Switch C turns on a check that runs parallel, and seemingly instead, of that above code, which is basically waiting for you to get to MAINQUEST 755 before it shuts itself up and allows the previous code to run again.

Except, it's not checking for MAINQUEST to get to 755, it's checking for SCHOOLQUEST to get to 755 instead, which can't happen. So it never turns off Self-Switch C, and so it never allows you to trigger the loudspeaker announcement.

What this means is that if you get to SCHOOLQUEST 601 before you get to MAINQUEST 755, the game locks and it's impossible to continue.

TLDR: The original code checks the wrong variable and locks the game from progressing.

To fix this (at least, to do what I did which appears to have had an affect, or at the very least, makes the code what it probably should have been):

1: Go to folder 'www', then folder 'data'.
2: Copy 'Map028.json' and paste it somewhere as a backup.
3: Open the original file, search for: 1,18,0,755,1 (Specifically that, so you don't change anything else by accident)
4: Replace it with: 1,13,0,755,1
5: Save
6: Play
7: Refer to this post for how to proceed next in the game, because you'll need to know.

This was done with version 0953.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ctemp

MCBabyFace

Dec 3, 2017
'it's taking longer than expected'
View attachment 3564712
It still amazes me that this was supposed to be released in January, then went to 14 Feb, then he said that it would need ''a couple of days to fix the bugs'' and still not released to this day. It makes me think that he takes 2 months to add content (from November, the last update, to January) and then 4 months to fix the bugs. How does he expect us to believe that?

Reactions: MakronQ2

aager

May 3, 2022
I,m still half expecting to see a 'games gotten to buggey need to start again' post from BON the game is at about the same point as last time when he did it.

Reactions: Timiase

Acesaw

May 11, 2017
It still amazes me that this was supposed to be released in January, then went to 14 Feb, then he said that it would need ''a couple of days to fix the bugs'' and still not released to this day. It makes me think that he takes 2 months to add content (from November, the last update, to January) and then 4 months to fix the bugs. How does he expect us to believe that?
does he even fix bugs at all? So far all the bugs that are fixed are the effort of amazing modders! otherwise we won't even be able to play the game since its over run by damn bug!

3.00 star(s) 133 Votes