Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
Yeah I agree. I've played around with MV, its fun but he's already pushed beyond the intended limits of the engine and it shows. Its fun to play around with without having to know too much about programming though.

The only part that would matter to the modder would be the sex events triggering. but you dont need to belong to each gang for that part. With book of faces not working well when it comes to non repeatable content we do need something thats better fit.

been a while since i played with the mod I think. I know someone made a mini version of the old game that just contained all the scenes in one room.
I believe the scene viewer mod covers all that, thats why I did not dive into it. As my mod is more about gameplay, not just seeing the scene. But I totally agree with you on the game engine aspect. It is a great limitation and mainly used by those who don't know programming or just want something quick quick. I preferably like Unity, renpy is okay just not a big fan of it. But there are so many game engines out there I love. To me, this engine is not even in the category of low tier, it is far lower. Not complaining, just when you can code, you can do far superior stuff and not dependent on plugins or drag and drop crap. The newer engine to this, MZ I believe, is a cash grab imo. Same old engine with just a spark of flash here and there to fool non-programmers. I really hope MNL 2 is not on MZ, but I believe/assume it will be on this game engine.

Im not bashing the game, the dev has done wonders with this engine; just to me, it reached its max push and is noticeable.

I just talking about game engine in general and hope MNL 2 is on Unity

Last edited:

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
I believe the scene viewer mod covers all that, thats why I did not dive into it. As my mod is more about gameplay, not just seeing the scene. But I totally agree with you on the game engine aspect. It is a great limitation and mainly used by those who don't know programming or just want something quick quick. I preferably like Unity, renpy is okay just not a big fan of it. But there are so many game engines out there I love. To me, this engine is not even in the category of low tier, it is far lower. Not complaining, just when you can code, you can do far superior stuff and not dependent on plugins or drag and drop crap.

Im not bashing the game, the dev has done wonders with this engine; just to me, it reached its max push and is noticeable.

I just talking about game engine in general and hope MNL 2 is on Unity
I'm with you on that. I played around in Unity and Renpy too. I'm better with Unity, but that doesn't really say anything. Sadly I don't think he has the programming chops or desire to use another engine. And if he is out to use his own art like he originally wanted for MNL2 it could go in any direction really. But I definately could see him custom making sprites and backgrounds for RPGMV instead.

Nepheus

Jan 6, 2020
If it goes to unity, we mobile friends are fucked cuz we know damn well BoN isn't doing a functional android port (OR maybe he shatters my low expectations and make us all happy :) )

12Oppaistle

Nov 4, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Honestly this update sounds too good to be true ALL these side girls including mafias and laura 3somes and jobs and lucy (finally) too? Plus i know he updated his art. So curious to see how this go down. If bon really comes thru with that much content would be sweet after such a long layoff. Particularly excited for isabella scenes been waiting for her since the beginning of the game. Lets just hope theres not another delay

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Honestly this update sounds too good to be true ALL these side girls including mafias and laura 3somes and jobs and lucy (finally) too? Plus i know he updated his art. So curious to see how this go down. If bon really comes thru with that much content would be sweet after such a long layoff. Particularly excited for isabella scenes been waiting for her since the beginning of the game. Lets just hope theres not another delay
not sure to what extent he could update his art. I've seen some good models come from TK17, Redapple2's work comes to mind, but I dont think it's dramatic in any way.

I agree that this seems to be a lot for one update compared to the updates we've been getting for a long time now.

Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
anyone have the v0.89 MAC version?
You can update it yourself using the windows version. I posted instructions in the PC Cheat Mod section how this can be done: LINK

Can i play this game on joiplay , cant find android version
Works fine on Joiplay. I know the new version of Joiplay has some issues with some games. Not sure about this one, but with the older version of Joiplay it worked just fine

Last edited:

jhose15xs

Sep 1, 2017
not sure to what extent he could update his art. I've seen some good models come from TK17, Redapple2's work comes to mind, but I dont think it's dramatic in any way.

I agree that this seems to be a lot for one update compared to the updates we've been getting for a long time now.
jared999 use tk17 i think

Reactions: Paitryn

SADlax

May 4, 2021
i need help
I'm stuck after the moment when lucy tells the story of jack, I can visit all the rooms but when I go to the shower that in the guide says it was for lucy to separate from me does not appear for me to use, and I can't get out of the second house.

3.00 star(s) 140 Votes