4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Well I finally finished and I think this might be your best update ever Killer. Everything is moving forward at pretty much lightspeed but it doesn't feel at all rushed. Very wholesome even by your standards but you still managed to balance the suspense really well. To me the real stars of the update were Lina and Olivia. Pebbles stole every scene she was in and Olivia really came out into her own. Can't wait to see a lot more of both of them.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
German pronunciation / .
Understandable that in German its a bit of a different pronunciation, but as the majority audience will play in English, for the love of gods please stop naming characters so similarly. The Lina/Lena is the prime example. There are PLENTY of great German names, we don't need ones that look nearly identical.

A quick way to fix this, can we get a way to rename side characters like Lina/Lena? I know we can rename the core family (MC/Sis/Mom/Daughters) but no way to rename side characters I've found.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Excellent update, I really enjoyed it. I would love to see a character info page, it took me a bit to remember who everyone was (just like MC, I guess :D).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Killer7

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
It isn't even their height. They have childish faces and act rather immature. Wether they say they're in college or not, I've never met an 18 year old who would tell their mother that their sister used "the bad word". Or parents who tip toe around curse words infront of their now adult daughters.
HarveyD
Do you actually realize that you are completely serious about the appearance of drawn characters, fictional images, pixel dolls, in which we all play here?
Even if Keller drew babies and called them old women, what difference does it make to you?
He doesn’t stand over you with a gun at your head and doesn’t force you to believe what he’s drawn?

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
Understandable that in German its a bit of a different pronunciation, but as the majority audience will play in English, for the love of gods please stop naming characters so similarly. The Lina/Lena is the prime example. There are PLENTY of great German names, we don't need ones that look nearly identical.

A quick way to fix this, can we get a way to rename side characters like Lina/Lena? I know we can rename the core family (MC/Sis/Mom/Daughters) but no way to rename side characters I've found.
For me personally, the name Lena, short for Elena, and Lina are two completely different names that belong to two characters that are completely different in appearance and character.
In general, I do not feel at all any problems with this.
And it also seems to me that it is not too polite on your part to demand the expansion of the game's functionality, despite the fact that Killer has already worked very hard to give us such a wonderful game.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Kind feel during v0.2 that the Dev is making 100% sure everyone knows the MC's kids are ALL ADULTS.
It's mentioned so often in the dialogues, from stuff they do, how they drive, how they live etc etc etc

I'm only half way into 0.2 at time of writting this and it's getting a bit 'facepalm' tbh - i mean ok we get it. You clearly want it established.

I just don't understand, why use two "petite" models if you wanted them to be adults, it just not immersive that way imho.
The way I understand it from the last couple days of discussion, killer wanted to stay more ambiguous on this point back when he started 0.1 but then pivoted to solidly writing everyone as adult for 0.2+ so that should explain both the choice of models and why 0.2 may feel like it tries to 'make up for lost time' in those characterizations.

• Red Heart

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'm finally able to go through the Anna scenes, hearing that song that it almost, but not quite Unchained Melody.
I just lost it in the waiting room with Morgan. The look on her face just melted my heart, and the tears started flowing.
You know how to do this, Killer!

• Red Heart

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
HarveyD
Do you actually realize that you are completely serious about the appearance of drawn characters, fictional images, pixel dolls, in which we all play here?
Even if Keller drew babies and called them old women, what difference does it make to you?
He doesn’t stand over you with a gun at your head and doesn’t force you to believe what he’s drawn?
Do you actually realise this is a forum where I can post my views on the game?
What difference does my opinion make to you?
I'm not standing over him, with a gun to his head, trying to force him to change anything.

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018
Was playing through this again and got to this point:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Was just wondering how different devs would continue this. Please don't ask me why I spent 30 mins doing this, but I'm bored on a Saturday. Also apologies to NLT fans, but I've never played any of their games. Here we go:

Moral of the story, K7 writing style is the most suited for me. Banzai for wholesome stories.
Edit: Can't wait to go through this again and excited for 0.2.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Ok, in 3 days, I've found several of these visual adult novels I've enjoyed. Not cuz of the kinks, but actual emotions and story.

But you sir, by far have taken the cake with this particular one. I was up till 2am and had to sleep and finish it when I woke up. It has been a very long time since I actually was that engrossed in reading any kind of book(20yrs of really not reading actual novels of any kind).

I take my hat off to you sir. I was not even engaged in the kink aspect of it, I was engaged with the story and emotional aspect of it. You did a fine job. I will say after reading your steam stuff. I am happy about one thing, but I also hope MC and his younger sister truly patch things up and can be happy with each other again, I don't if it is physical or not. That is one thing I would love to see.

Last edited:

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
Just got done with the update as well and I have to say there is nothing to complain about. Jessica's part was a heart tugger considering she had to learn to change herself on the inside so she would no longer beat herself up over trying to push others away from MC. I hope she finds a way to accept everyone the MC loves so she can finally feel love again. I'm also weak to tears from someone I care about. And the part with the twin was very moving as it reminded me of MNF when that MC and his first sister admitted their love for each other the first time. This update gave me more than I hoped for. Thank you K7.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Can say as an older generation person, not looking for the quick pull and tug any longer, but this story in particular is a great story for me.

A little back ground, in '81 I was in a bike car accident, one bad enough that I shouldn't have survived, I did, had to relearn English in the 8th grade. and most of my memories from that time before are out of context, they are there, but when I am visiting with my family and they bring up those memories I don't remember them that way, if that makes sense. sometimes it is a different year a different location. etc.

Guess the only thing in my favor is we moved a lot growing up. so my scrapbook of recovery ties down to a year or so, and some memories have context now.

then 3 years ago I had a Sudden Cardiac Arrest, waking up in a hospital losing 2 weeks of my life and a few days before and after. reading text messages I sent that I don't remember sending, still don't

So reading the story, is very therapeutic, with a fun side also, good build up, and realistic emotions around memory loss,

Thanks,
El

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
The way I understand it from the last couple days of discussion, killer wanted to stay more ambiguous on this point back when he started 0.1 but then pivoted to solidly writing everyone as adult for 0.2+ so that should explain both the choice of models and why 0.2 may feel like it tries to 'make up for lost time' in those characterizations.
It's just sad really, nothing else to say.

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
Can say as an older generation person, not looking for the quick pull and tug any longer, but this story in particular is a great story for me.

A little back ground, in '81 I was in a bike car accident, one bad enough that I shouldn't have survived, I did, had to relearn English in the 8th grade. and most of my memories from that time before are out of context, they are there, but when I am visiting with my family and they bring up those memories I don't remember them that way, if that makes sense. sometimes it is a different year a different location. etc.

Guess the only thing in my favor is we moved a lot growing up. so my scrapbook of recovery ties down to a year or so, and some memories have context now.

then 3 years ago I had a Sudden Cardiac Arrest, waking up in a hospital losing 2 weeks of my life and a few days before and after. reading text messages I sent that I don't remember sending, still don't

So reading the story, is very therapeutic, with a fun side also, good build up, and realistic emotions around memory loss,

Thanks,
El
I'm certain if I went through similar experiences to you I would have also used this game for therapeutic reasons since I rely on video games and animals such as cats for feeling at peace with the real world. Of course people like my sister help me through tough times as well, though I'm not talking about my relationship with her being like these games, she's my rock to continue feeling compassion for others despite some of the harsh realities of the world.

Reactions: eldoen

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
For me personally, the name Lena, short for Elena, and Lina are two completely different names that belong to two characters that are completely different in appearance and character.
In general, I do not feel at all any problems with this.
And it also seems to me that it is not too polite on your part to demand the expansion of the game's functionality, despite the fact that Killer has already worked very hard to give us such a wonderful game.
If the names appeared as Elena and Lina, I would 100% agree with you. The issue is that they do not, its Lena and Lina, and so can get a bit confusing when seeing it in a dialog box. Especially when story wise, Sarah and Lina got their last name from the Mueller family, Sarah was Anna's grandmother's name and Sarah just "Came up with" Lina's name for her.. its like Sarah went up to Lena and said "Can I copy your homework?" "Yeah, just make it slightly different" xD So while it maybe unpopular to voice the issue of these two names being too similar, it doesn't make it not an issue.

And I'm not demanding, I see an issue and put forth a reasonable way to fix it. All the core family members are renamable, why not just make a variable for the rest? Problem solved.
I'm not saying the story isn't heartgripping and wonderful, it is and I'm enjoying very much the story that K7 is putting out, that doesn't mean I'm not going to point out ways it could be improved in my opinion. Could I have phrased it in a more polite way? Yes. No but here, I'm sometimes too brash for my own good. Just an acknowledgement. :p

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
If the names appeared as Elena and Lina, I would 100% agree with you. The issue is that they do not, its Lena and Lina, and so can get a bit confusing when seeing it in a dialog box. Especially when story wise, Sarah and Lina got their last name from the Mueller family, Sarah was Anna's grandmother's name and Sarah just "Came up with" Lina's name for her.. its like Sarah went up to Lena and said "Can I copy your homework?" "Yeah, just make it slightly different" xD So while it maybe unpopular to voice the issue of these two names being too similar, it doesn't make it not an issue.

And I'm not demanding, I see an issue and put forth a reasonable way to fix it. All the core family members are renamable, why not just make a variable for the rest? Problem solved.
I'm not saying the story isn't heartgripping and wonderful, it is and I'm enjoying very much the story that K7 is putting out, that doesn't mean I'm not going to point out ways it could be improved in my opinion. Could I have phrased it in a more polite way? Yes. No but here, I'm sometimes too brash for my own good. Just an acknowledgement. :p
If I were you, I would have long ago simply admitted that I was wrong, instead of constructing complex explanations.
Believe me, no one would respect you less for that.

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes