4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Yes, but that's what I'm saying - they are already established as a couple (MC with Lena and Sabrina) and that takes 95% of the fun out of it. We never actually have a normal conversation with them, half of the time it's filled with fodder (ex.: insults, jokes, quick mentions of things they did with the MC without elaborating). I really feel like Lena and Sabrina were robbed of a romance.

And the date with Yukiko was not enough at all. It lasted for less than 5 minutes and it was just her talking about how she talked to Anna about being with the MC, there was no real conversation between them just more "yeah, let's do this because we are a crazy family and Anna wants us to do this". You say "explore their feelings", but then they are constantly talking during side-conversations with each other how they want this and hinting at the player they want it. I think they already decided long ago.

And about MNF: I must've stopped playing well into the game, almost everyone was pregnant already and we went to the house on the snow. And I have to disagree with your perception about your own game, we do not spend time with Sandra at all, specially real time. Time with other girls talking about unimportant things, time sleeping, and time off-screen doesn't count. We spend a lot of time with Lucy on the beach, talking about each other, we do not do that with Sandra. She spends more time off-screen cooking and doing things (shopping or whatever) with the other girls.

I really wished we didn't have to talk with every girl, every day, for five minutes at most and just say nothing relevant.

I know almost nothing about these girls. And I binge played this game for the last 2-3 days, and I don't skip dialogue.

With the exception of Sarah, we don't have any real conversations with the girls.
I have to say that I don't agree with you about Lena and Sabrina being robbed of a romance. As Killer7 said, their "romance" was pre-accident... Just because you don't see it in the story, doesn't mean they didn't get one. That's kind of like saying that since your parents were already in a relationship before you were able to remember, and you didn't get to see it, then your mom was cheated out of a romance.
Or that since you don't remember your mother caring for you when you were a babe, she was robbed of that experience. Your perception of an event doesn't determine someone else's.

Both of those girls were already at specific points in their relationships with the MC when the accident occurred. Then suddenly they are back to square one. At this point, they have had their "romance" now what they are faced with is uncertainty and a lot of work to try and hope that they can get back what they lost.

They aren't treasure hunters setting out to uncover clues, decipher puzzles, and have the adventure of a lifetime as they find a long lost artifact of priceless worth, no they already completed their quest, found the treasure, and then had it stolen from them. Going back and redoing the treasure quest will just lead them to an empty hidden temple with no loot. What they have to do is go after the thief and try and get back what was taken.

It may not be the best analogy in the world, but it gets the point across.

They weren't robbed of a romance, they had their romance. Then the car wreck and the amnesia robbed them of a relationship. That's what they work to reclaim.

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
I both agree and disagree with Pervy to a point. In MNM, as of right now, I do feel like there is definitely less romance-centered content, especially compared to MNF. However, MNM is still in the very early stages. Plus, the current setting in MNM doesn't really allow for deep romantic development. MC's still suffering from partial amnesia, his wife is still in the hospital, and everyone are still worried about the MC, Anna, and the cause of the accident/current antagonist. They're not going to be talking super lovey-dovey stuff right now. I mean, I really like Sabrina and Lena, and I'd love it if they were more romantic and going on dates, but in the timeline as of right now, it would be awkward. I hope that later down the line with the AVN, once Anna is awake and the MC and Anna have finished reacquainting, things will get more romance driven with the other LIs.

I mean, it took a bit even in MNF for the MC to start taking all the girls on dates and getting into the real romantic stuff. A lot of the early game for that was establishing the harem, getting to know the LIs (since, you know, he didn't really know them), etc. Of course, some characters got more romance-driven content, of course, like Lucy, but all have some romance content.

I do agree a bit though that the jokes and playful insults can get kind of out of hand though at times. I understand it's to add some brevity and lightheartedness to really serious or romantic events, but it can be a bit much when it's all the time. Granted, some characters get more of the jokes/playful insults than others (like Fiona, Lena, Maddie, Yvonne, etc), so I can somewhat see your point there.

Also, I definitely disagree with the Sandra point. She does fall off a bit in screen time at the beginning, but later on she makes a resurgence and he spends a lot of time with her and takes her out on a lot of dates (especially when they visit the vacation house the first time).

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I figured out that Killer7 was having a conversation with someone I'd already given up paying attention to RIGHT before someone actually hit "reply" on their post. Everything makes sense now ... Also K7 has better things to do, but they're just too good for us.

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
I have to say that I don't agree with you about Lena and Sabrina being robbed of a romance. As Killer7 said, their "romance" was pre-accident... Just because you don't see it in the story, doesn't mean they didn't get one. That's kind of like saying that since your parents were already in a relationship before you were able to remember, and you didn't get to see it, then your mom was cheated out of a romance.
Or that since you don't remember your mother caring for you when you were a babe, she was robbed of that experience. Your perception of an event doesn't determine someone else's.

Both of those girls were already at specific points in their relationships with the MC when the accident occurred. Then suddenly they are back to square one. At this point, they have had their "romance" now what they are faced with is uncertainty and a lot of work to try and hope that they can get back what they lost.

They aren't treasure hunters setting out to uncover clues, decipher puzzles, and have the adventure of a lifetime as they find a long lost artifact of priceless worth, no they already completed their quest, found the treasure, and then had it stolen from them. Going back and redoing the treasure quest will just lead them to an empty hidden temple with no loot. What they have to do is go after the thief and try and get back what was taken.

It may not be the best analogy in the world, but it gets the point across.

They weren't robbed of a romance, they had their romance. Then the car wreck and the amnesia robbed them of a relationship. That's what they work to reclaim.
I both agree and disagree with Pervy to a point. In MNM, as of right now, I do feel like there is definitely less romance-centered content, especially compared to MNF. However, MNM is still in the very early stages. Plus, the current setting in MNM doesn't really allow for deep romantic development. MC's still suffering from partial amnesia, his wife is still in the hospital, and everyone are still worried about the MC, Anna, and the cause of the accident/current antagonist. They're not going to be talking super lovey-dovey stuff right now. I mean, I really like Sabrina and Lena, and I'd love it if they were more romantic and going on dates, but in the timeline as of right now, it would be awkward. I hope that later down the line with the AVN, once Anna is awake and the MC and Anna have finished reacquainting, things will get more romance driven with the other LIs.

I mean, it took a bit even in MNF for the MC to start taking all the girls on dates and getting into the real romantic stuff. A lot of the early game for that was establishing the harem, getting to know the LIs (since, you know, he didn't really know them), etc. Of course, some characters got more romance-driven content, of course, like Lucy, but all have some romance content.

I do agree a bit though that the jokes and playful insults can get kind of out of hand though at times. I understand it's to add some brevity and lightheartedness to really serious or romantic events, but it can be a bit much when it's all the time. Granted, some characters get more of the jokes/playful insults than others (like Fiona, Lena, Maddie, Yvonne, etc), so I can somewhat see your point there.

Also, I definitely disagree with the Sandra point. She does fall off a bit in screen time at the beginning, but later on she makes a resurgence and he spends a lot of time with her and takes her out on a lot of dates (especially when they visit the vacation house the first time).

Yes, I understand they had their romance, we just didnt see it and I would've liked seeing it. I understand that's how the story was made, it makes sense, I know, I get it.

I just dont like it, is all. I personally find it less engaging when the romance is already done off-screen.

Dont take my post as literal "they were robbed of a romance, they never had a romance ever". It's more "we the players didnt have that romance".

I think people also dont understand we should think about the MC and the player as seperate. The Mc is in love with the characters, but the player isnt. Isnt that the point of the amnesia? To make the player have to fall in love while the MC falls in love again?

I also understand that now my point about Sandra was unfair because I didnt play the whole game. It seems we get more scenes of her in later stages of the game, I only played up to whe we got all the girls pregnant but didnt marry anyone yet, so I might've been unfair with that.

But its like tbarton said, we really dont get that much time with her in the beginning so thats why I got that impression.

I also realize MNM is still in the early stages and there might be more romance in the future. I kinda forgot thay because it took me so long to play the 3 chapters, but it makes sense.

I'm also glad I'm not the only one that thinks the playful jokes get out of hand, I was dtarting to feel like an alien.

Regarding the "you only made the game, he just played so he must know more about it", everyone should be capable of understanding bias and how it affects your perspective when you are writting a story. When I was writting my Masters thesis, the amount of things that got point out after proffreading from people that knew nothing about the subject (like my sister) was astounding.

When you are too close to things you miss stuff, is what i'm getting at.

For example, saying that "transitions are only 150 lines while events are 500 lines, so there is more event content then transitions" is just funny to me, since there are 1 to 2 major events per day but 20 transitions. But whatever, I'm just glad tbarton exists so I dont feel like I'm feom another planet.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
See, you're wrong again. You call me biased but you simply state wrong things. 20 Transitions? Wrong. 1-2 Major events? Wrong. Just open the chapter1/2.rpy files and check for yourself. Read how many transitions there are and how many major events each day has. Has nothing to do with bias, you are just factually stating wrong things and I'd ask you to stop selling your opinion as facts :).

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
See, you're wrong again. You call me biased but you simply state wrong things. 20 Transitions? Wrong. 1-2 Major events? Wrong. Just open the chapter1/2.rpy files and check for yourself. Read how many transitions there are and how many major events each day has. Has nothing to do with bias, you are just factually stating wrong things and I'd ask you to stop selling your opinion as facts :).
What do you consider as transition and major event? Discussing where we are going next and which car to take is a major event? Talking about who ate breakfast and why I dont get fat is a major event?

Major events for me are going on dates, having meaningful talks that progress the story and the relationship, and sex scenes.

• Angry
Reactions: turgsh01

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I'm done talking to you at this point. You're simply stating your own opinion as facts and even when I provide you the evidence to check for yourself, you still try to argue in your favor. Think whatever you want, but you are wrong. Hell, even the example you provided regarding major events, there are more ( or rather, way longer ) of that ( usually we have 4-5 major events in My New Memories each day ) than transitions ( getting up and having breakfast is a transition which is ~150 lines of code, check for yourself ). Go check the labels for each chapter in My New Memories and My New Family :).

Edit:

Here is an example of major events on the first day of Chapter 2 Alone:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you don't count these as major events, then that is on you, because they are important events with each character involved.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2022
Haven't followed the entire discussion here, but it seems to me that the romance he is missing, is something that only just started with the latest update (the Yukiko date). It seems to really be heating up now that we're reaching the end of the other arcs. Lina is clearly flirting with MC, and it is, in my opinion, cute as hell - I think a cute/sexy talk/date is upcoming for Lina, yeah?

It wouldn't make sense to have romantic stuff with any of the daughters before that, as their relationships needs to be established first. And it makes perfect sense that Lena/Sabrina kinda went straight for sex, seeing as that was what was happening before the amnesia. That doesn't mean those characters can't get "romantic dates" in later updates.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I'm done talking to you at this point. You're simply stating your own opinion as facts and even when I provide you the evidence to check for yourself, you still try to argue in your favor. Think whatever you want, but you are wrong. Hell, even the example you provided regarding major events, there are more ( or rather, way longer ) of that ( usually we have 4-5 major events in My New Memories each day ) than transitions ( getting up and having breakfast is a transition which is ~150 lines of code, check for yourself ). Go check the labels for each chapter in My New Memories and My New Family :).

Edit:

Here is an example of major events on the first day of Chapter 2 Alone:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you don't count these as major events, then that is on you, because they are important events with each character involved.
Killer7 ... i don't give a damn about what others may or may not say .. man i love your games (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
After reading the past few pages I feel a lot comes down to personal preference like most things on this site, some want sex scenes others want romance and build up first. Some hate lesbian on the side or group scenes others want them all the time., Some view major scenes need to have that shock or reward value others feel a date with a girl is major scene and so on.

I am only new to Killer7 games started My New Family two days ago sitting at the start of chapter 6 and really enjoying it, made me start searching for other family type games on here. Sure at times the dialog might go on a couple of lines too long but I understand what the aim was so it's nothing major.

One aspect of My New Family I enjoy is the group sleep in the same bed type scenes and family bonding within the harem, but I have no real issue with lesbian scenes/group scenes within the harem, So I have to ask does this title have these types of settings yet or will there be planned group bonding scenes? Both sex and non sex group bonding scenes.

Either way I feel I will start this one soon and given my current enjoyment with My New Family I will end up joining Killer's SubsecribeStar page but like I said above I am sucker for family harems it seems.

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
After reading the past few pages I feel a lot comes down to personal preference like most things on this site, some want sex scenes others want romance and build up first. Some hate lesbian on the side or group scenes others want them all the time., Some view major scenes need to have that shock or reward value others feel a date with a girl is major scene and so on.

I am only new to Killer7 games started My New Family two days ago sitting at the start of chapter 6 and really enjoying it, made me start searching for other family type games on here. Sure at times the dialog might go on a couple of lines too long but I understand what the aim was so it's nothing major.

One aspect of My New Family I enjoy is the group sleep in the same bed type scenes and family bonding within the harem, but I have no real issue with lesbian scenes/group scenes within the harem, So I have to ask does this title have these types of settings yet or will there be planned group bonding scenes? Both sex and non sex group bonding scenes.

Either way I feel I will start this one soon and given my current enjoyment with My New Family I will end up joining Killer's SubsecribeStar page but like I said above I am sucker for family harems it seems.
Killer7 doesn't add too many lesbian scenes, really. There's a few threesomes/foursomes where a couple of the girls play with each other, but only when you are involved. I'm really happy about this, since usually in harem AVNs, they make lesbian content forced between the LIs every time, even if you wouldn't consider one of the LIs being bisexual.

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
oh yeah beth and mc are gonna have a talk next release least i seem to recall, and it'll be interesting

i'm trying to figure out what that thing in the back is

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes